3.5mm to ground/banana

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.

Moderators: Kent, BugBrand

Dsquid
Learning to Wiggle

3.5mm to ground/banana

Post by Dsquid » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:30 am

I want to trigger my DRM2 from a euro setup, I’ve emailed Tom re: his cables for this but haven’t heard back yet. I have plenty of 3.5mm and banana patch cables, and a soldering iron so figured I might as well try to DIY if that’s all I need. Is it? Are there any resources/instructions for making the 3.5mm to trigger and 0v on your own?

BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: 3.5mm to ground/banana

Post by BananaPlug » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:15 am

Did you read the manual? It’s on the website. Last page explains interfacing. It’s very simple.
“We have to articulate ourselves. Otherwise we would be cows in the field” Werner Herzog :nana:

BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:01 am

As mentioned via email // or sure it is searchable here on the forum.. Pretty simple - in theory at least!

I use Neutrik NYS226 for the single cables, but NYS226L for the twin (with 0V) because these have larger diameter cable holes.

All you're doing is sleeve to black cable / 0V and signal cable to tip.

OR establish a solid 0V connection (more permanent) between systems and then you just need single wire signal cables.

northerntao
Common Wiggler

Post by northerntao » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:40 pm

I have a couple of the interface cables I got from Tom that work great for triggering / modulating my DRM2. Though when I get the 2 row modular we’ve planned, I’ll probably get another UTL-1, which works great for me. Ultimately it’s more cables, but no need to build any hybrid cables. Just plug into the black ground in the back and patch away.

http://www.lowgain-audio.com/

Return to “BugBrand Devices”