CrossOver Filter

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.

Moderators: Kent, BugBrand

Biom
Wiggling with Experience

Re: CrossOver Filter

Post by Biom » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:04 pm

Finally managed to get one from Tom's new batch.
Here are a few words for those, who are still debating (the situation I was in earlier myself), if it's worth having among many other filter boxes. I already own Retroverb lancet, Knas, MF-101, so getting another filter seemed a bit overkill, which proved to be absolutely wrong!
This red box does things no other standalone filter is capable of. Once I started using it, I realised, how clever the design is and how much thoughts, ideas and efforts were put into this little unit.
Furthermore, every switch and knob are at the right places and all fonts, markups, color coding make it instantly intuitive.

The resonance on this thing is also worth mentioning - very precise, sounds fantastic, creates exemplary peaks, longer peaks, slowly turning into sines to accomplish an initial sound. It is VERY controllable, useful and beautifully sounding.

Thank you so much, Tom!
Last edited by Biom on Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:35 pm

That's lovely to hear.
It feels like quite an old design to me, even if the circuitry was updated a chunk quite recently.
Thanks!

Biom
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Biom » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:35 am

The only thing I found myself lacking is true bypass, though, such limitations sometimes lead to creative results as well, heh

Return to “BugBrand Devices”