Black panel for PB?

Gear, Suggestions and Discussion.

Moderators: Kent, computer controlled, flight

LDT
The Modu-Lars

Black panel for PB?

Post by LDT » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:03 am

I think I once saw a PB with black panel. Is this something one can order, or?

flight
The Plague Bearer

Re: Black panel for PB?

Post by flight » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:52 am

LDT wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:03 am
Sorry for missing this! Just found out I had to re-enable notifications... oops.
They were available for Frac format (in 2009) but the eurorack community was militantly against it in the ago so it never happened officially for euro. I'd love to do it going forward if there's enough interest though.
Regardless, a few people have had custom panels made from the artwork. I can send or post a pdf of it if you'd like.
~flight
flight(at)flightofharmony(dot)com
http://www.flightofharmony.com

MARK27
Veteran Wiggler

Post by MARK27 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:37 pm

Even if you just made some black replacement panels, I bet you would sell a good number of them. I would most certainly pick one up!

It never made sense to me that the Plague Bearer didn't have a black panel while the Sound of Shadows did. They invoke the darkness equally (I've checked).

LDT
The Modu-Lars

Post by LDT » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:31 pm

flight wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:52 am
LDT wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:03 am
Sorry for missing this! Just found out I had to re-enable notifications... oops.
They were available for Frac format (in 2009) but the eurorack community was militantly against it in the ago so it never happened officially for euro. I'd love to do it going forward if there's enough interest though.
Regardless, a few people have had custom panels made from the artwork. I can send or post a pdf of it if you'd like.
Militantly against it? Wow!
I think it is safe to say, that times have changed. If one looks at ModularGrid and sets it to show the newest modules, more than half are black.
And with a system like this Image I am definitely not buying anyting that does not come in black. :mrgreen:

Also: Hi Flight, long time! Decades ago I made some weird demos with a quad PB, and you very kindly sent me two euro PB´s out of the blue. :party:
Back then I had a case of Analogue System. It was AS or Doepfer. But then things started to happen....

flight
The Plague Bearer

Post by flight » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:11 pm

MARK27 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:37 pm
Even if you just made some black replacement panels, I bet you would sell a good number of them. I would most certainly pick one up!
Good idea. I'll get extra after I run out of the old ones. I'm switching everything over to the inverse scheme anyway.
It never made sense to me that the Plague Bearer didn't have a black panel while the Sound of Shadows did. They invoke the darkness equally (I've checked).
:sb:
I actually caught a lot of pushback on the SoS. That's the reason it has the ragged edge all the way around the panel - that was the compromise to get people to accept it. The panel was originally all black.
LDT wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:31 pm
***snip***
Militantly against it? Wow!
I think it is safe to say, that times have changed. If one looks at ModularGrid and sets it to show the newest modules, more than half are black.
And with a system like this ***snip*** I am definitely not buying anyting that does not come in black. :mrgreen:
:eek: A gorgeous system, indeed.
You can still find some of the discussions If you dig through the old threads. There was also resistance from some vendors; it was stupid af.
Also: Hi Flight, long time! Decades ago I made some weird demos with a quad PB, and you very kindly sent me two euro PB´s out of the blue. :party:
Back then I had a case of Analogue System. It was AS or Doepfer. But then things started to happen....
Oh hey! How's it going? Thank you so much for your early support, it helped a lot with keeping me motivated.
~flight
flight(at)flightofharmony(dot)com
http://www.flightofharmony.com

MARK27
Veteran Wiggler

Post by MARK27 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:47 pm

flight wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:11 pm
You can still find some of the discussions If you dig through the old threads. There was also resistance from some vendors; it was stupid af.
The funny thing is, when I first started getting into eurorack around 2014/2015, my original plan was to limit myself to modules with black panels so I didn't have the urge to buy everything in sight. I figured I'd end up with a 6 or 9U 84hp system at the most.

Needless to say, that plan didn't work out.

thegreymen
Learning to Wiggle

Post by thegreymen » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:32 pm

Hello,

Picking this one back up ... did anyone end up creating black panels for the Plague Bearer? I'm also interesting in swapping out my silver panel if possible.
Thanks.

Return to “Flight of Harmony”