(ENDED) Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Gear, Suggestions and Discussion.

Moderators: Kent, computer controlled, flight

User avatar
flight
The Plague Bearer
Posts: 1351
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Contact:

Re: Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by flight » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:31 pm

acgenerator wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:18 pm
@flight
What's the plan if this doesn't hit the funding goal?
I'll message all backers today for their email addresses to send them PayPal invoices, then I'll get building. No real change other than I won't be able to do any of the production versions. The INM_Exp expansion module will also be available for those who want one - I'm building the prototype today.
~flight
flight(at)flightofharmony(dot)com
http://www.flightofharmony.com

User avatar
infradead
leader of the secret trombones
Posts: 3992
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:28 am
Location: tacoma wa

Re: Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by infradead » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:11 pm

forget everything you know about sound, then turn the synth on. You can thank me later - slow_riot

cases: doepfer 6u and monster base

Tacoma Noise Rodeo

R_bot
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:16 am

Re: Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by R_bot » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:45 am

Flight, wanted to say thanks for having us along on this ride! Pure class.

Really grateful there’ll be an inm-e plus an expander in my future.

User avatar
flight
The Plague Bearer
Posts: 1351
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Contact:

Re: Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by flight » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:54 am

R_bot wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:45 am
Flight, wanted to say thanks for having us along on this ride! Pure class.

Really grateful there’ll be an inm-e plus an expander in my future.
This has been fun, glad to have you along as well!
~flight
flight(at)flightofharmony(dot)com
http://www.flightofharmony.com

User avatar
pekbro
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:16 am
Location: Maui

Re: (ENDED) Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by pekbro » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:39 pm

My thanks for this as well. I am wondering what kind of time frame you are estimating to get the pre-orders shipped.
Not that it matters at all, just out of curiosity...

-Cheers

User avatar
flight
The Plague Bearer
Posts: 1351
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Contact:

Re: (ENDED) Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by flight » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:04 pm

pekbro wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:39 pm
My thanks for this as well. I am wondering what kind of time frame you are estimating to get the pre-orders shipped.
Not that it matters at all, just out of curiosity...

-Cheers
No worries, ask anytime. I'm sticking to the one given in the campaign:
Image
It's taking longer than I hope to get everyone's responses (a fair amount are used to Kickstarter automatically charging their card, so they pledge and forget and didn't check their email), but we're still on schedule and I think they'll be done well before February. All the orders - panels, shirts, boards, components - go in this week. Panels take the longest, at 4-6 weeks, but they're essentially the last piece in the assembly so it's no issue.

I'll keep doing status updates on Kickstarter until it's finished though.
~flight
flight(at)flightofharmony(dot)com
http://www.flightofharmony.com

User avatar
pekbro
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:16 am
Location: Maui

Re: (ENDED) Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by pekbro » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:28 pm

Awesome thanks! :tu:

User avatar
rayultine
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 12:00 am
Location: Memphis TN

Re: (ENDED) Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by rayultine » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:44 pm

Hey FoH,
Didn't have the funds, space, or the need for the infernal machine :doh:, but glad to see you are back in business, doing well, and creating wild machines again!

User avatar
flight
The Plague Bearer
Posts: 1351
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Contact:

Re: (ENDED) Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by flight » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:21 pm

rayultine wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:44 pm
Hey FoH,
Didn't have the funds, space, or the need for the infernal machine :doh:, but glad to see you are back in business, doing well, and creating wild machines again!
Understandable, and thanks!
~flight
flight(at)flightofharmony(dot)com
http://www.flightofharmony.com

dksynth
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 409
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:56 pm

Re: (ENDED) Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by dksynth » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:28 pm

can I just say that those joysticks are the swankiest thing on 2 axis I've ever seen.

I can find the TBM JAPAN 60 degree travel ones but those 90 degree ones are nowhere! Have you got oodles of old stock or will they make them on request?
Last edited by Flatscan on Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: undoing the damage

User avatar
flight
The Plague Bearer
Posts: 1351
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Contact:

Re: (ENDED) Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by flight » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:31 pm

dksynth wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:28 pm
can I just say that those joysticks are the swankiest thing on 2 axis I've ever seen.

I can find the TBM JAPAN 60 degree travel ones but those 90 degree ones are nowhere! Have you got oodles of old stock or will they make them on request?
The last of my old stock. These are the MX-1711 by TBM, but they discontinued them last year. I tried everything to get them to make them again but no love. Any I have left after this will be going to the desktop version.
~flight
flight(at)flightofharmony(dot)com
http://www.flightofharmony.com

User avatar
HeWhoWantsJeans
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2223
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: (ENDED) Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by HeWhoWantsJeans » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:01 pm

I'm thrilled to inform y'all that the INM-E Limited Edition modules are coming along screamingly. Attached is a photo from the test and calibration process for the first 2/3 of the Limited Edition run as well as a photo of one mechanically assembled module. Behold, all those nuts!
20210203_120005.jpg
20210208_173029.jpg
I've archived over 400 answering machines, and the best of which is constantly updated on Tumblr. Public domain! Enjoy! Donate, too!
http://answerphone.tumblr.com/

User avatar
mmelnick
No melody, no harmony
Posts: 1068
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Springfield Gardens NYC
Contact:

Re: (ENDED) Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by mmelnick » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:07 pm

I'm probably way late to the party and i didn't even read the entire thread, but i'll ask anyway..can I buy one or are they all taken?
matthewmelnick.com
metrono.me
bloodofazombie.com
darksidenyc.com
myworld.ebay.com/brooklyn_collectables

User avatar
flight
The Plague Bearer
Posts: 1351
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Contact:

Re: (ENDED) Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by flight » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:38 pm

mmelnick wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:07 pm
I'm probably way late to the party and i didn't even read the entire thread, but i'll ask anyway..can I buy one or are they all taken?
There are two who have until the end of Friday to pay their invoices. If they don't, then those units will be available at the $777.00 Kickstarter orice, and $80.00 for the EXP.
~flight
flight(at)flightofharmony(dot)com
http://www.flightofharmony.com

User avatar
acgenerator
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 838
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:44 am
Location: USA

Re: (ENDED) Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by acgenerator » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:50 pm

If either of those folks defect, i'll take one set.... preferable with the 90 arc joysticks.

User avatar
flight
The Plague Bearer
Posts: 1351
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Contact:

Re: (ENDED) Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by flight » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:46 pm

acgenerator wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:50 pm
If either of those folks defect, i'll take one set.... preferable with the 90 arc joysticks.
Okiedokie, you're second on the list.

So everyone knows, I only had time to build 30 out of 50 of the Limited Edition INM - the ones with the old 90° joysticks (the MX-1711). All were spoken for (the aforementioned two notwithstanding). The remaining twenty may or may not be built, depending on demand. I am going through my numerous boxes and caches of crap to get a full count of how many MX-1711 I have left so I can allocate at least 20 sets (40 total) to the Initial run of desktop INMs. Demand will determine where the remaining joysticks go.

There are no immediate plans for the small js versions, as one purpose of the Kickstarter was to be able to place a stock order for them. Eventually though.
~flight
flight(at)flightofharmony(dot)com
http://www.flightofharmony.com

User avatar
acgenerator
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 838
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:44 am
Location: USA

Re: (ENDED) Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by acgenerator » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:46 pm

flight wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:46 pm
acgenerator wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:50 pm
If either of those folks defect, i'll take one set.... preferable with the 90 arc joysticks.
Okiedokie, you're second on the list.

So everyone knows, I only had time to build 30 out of 50 of the Limited Edition INM - the ones with the old 90° joysticks (the MX-1711). All were spoken for (the aforementioned two notwithstanding). The remaining twenty may or may not be built, depending on demand. I am going through my numerous boxes and caches of crap to get a full count of how many MX-1711 I have left so I can allocate at least 20 sets (40 total) to the Initial run of desktop INMs. Demand will determine where the remaining joysticks go.

There are no immediate plans for the small js versions, as one purpose of the Kickstarter was to be able to place a stock order for them. Eventually though.
Thanks. The original Kickstarter was bad timing for me... so I missed out. Times are better now so if one becomes available on Friday (or you confirm the parts/demand to build that second batch), private message me with the payment details.

User avatar
HeWhoWantsJeans
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2223
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: (ENDED) Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by HeWhoWantsJeans » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:37 am

Pleased to report that my INM-E arrived just yesterday. Below are some "Beauty Shots" (that the forum is showing rotated previews for, but if you click them it's fine - so... click away!)

Now I have to re-organize my big ol case to fit this damn Demon back into it. I'm very excited to do so, as using the unit as a center for a larger patch works better for my current modular workflow (where the modular is kind of a Happy Accident Machine used to flavor up a larger, sequenced composition).
IMG_3486.JPG
IMG_3481.JPG
IMG_3479.JPG
I've archived over 400 answering machines, and the best of which is constantly updated on Tumblr. Public domain! Enjoy! Donate, too!
http://answerphone.tumblr.com/

User avatar
flight
The Plague Bearer
Posts: 1351
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Contact:

Re: (ENDED) Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by flight » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:18 pm

flight wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:38 pm
There are two who have until the end of Friday to pay their invoices. If they don't, then those units will be available at the $777.00 Kickstarter price, and $80.00 for the EXP.
All previous claims are now cleared and there is one left available. [EDIT] All sold.
~flight
flight(at)flightofharmony(dot)com
http://www.flightofharmony.com

R_bot
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:16 am

Re: (ENDED) Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by R_bot » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:44 am

It remains tempting to me that the last post in this thread indicates one still available! INM-E is great, beautifully built like everything f(h) does, and sounds amazing.
Maybe it’s like plague bearers...I hear the perfect number of those is four??

User avatar
flight
The Plague Bearer
Posts: 1351
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Contact:

Re: (ENDED) Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by flight » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:59 am

R_bot wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:44 am
It remains tempting to me that the last post in this thread indicates one still available!
I forgot to update this thread, sorry about that.
Currently working on the desktop version, more info soon.
~flight
flight(at)flightofharmony(dot)com
http://www.flightofharmony.com

User avatar
chvad
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3412
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:23 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

Re: (ENDED) Eurorack Infernal Noise Machine Kickstarter currently live!

Post by chvad » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:55 pm

flight wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:59 am
R_bot wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:44 am
It remains tempting to me that the last post in this thread indicates one still available!
I forgot to update this thread, sorry about that.
Currently working on the desktop version, more info soon.
this is the one im a waitin for!

Post Reply

Return to “Flight of Harmony”