WARNING TO ALL NEW (and even experienced) 5U SHOPPERS!

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

JohnLRice
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: WARNING TO ALL NEW (and even experienced) 5U SHOPPERS!

Post by JohnLRice »

bwhittington wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:33 pm Some of my hottest dreams have involved JLR leading me astray…
Dude . . . those weren't dreams, they actually happened! :miley:
Please Watch My YouTube Videos! :hug: https://www.youtube.com/JohnLRice
YouTube now puts ads on my videos and I get no monies until I reach the minimum hours viewed! :mad: :cry:
synthetic
TASCAM Hero!

Post by synthetic »

Moon and/or Noisebug need to give you an affiliate link for the hours of 569 content alone.
JohnLRice
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by JohnLRice »

synthetic wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:57 pm Moon and/or Noisebug need to give you an affiliate link for the hours of 569 content alone.
:hug:
YouTube now puts ads on my videos and I get no monies until I reach the minimum hours viewed! :mad: :cry:
KSS
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by KSS »

:agree:
the_laconic
Wiggling with Experience

Post by the_laconic »

I admit when I saw this thread I was thought "somebody is being overly serious about something unimportant". Then I read the original post, and re-read it, and (1) it's perfectly sensible, (2) it's worth saying, (3) it's interesting that you had to say it (and I think you did), and (4) it's applicable to a much wider context than 5U modular synths.
The Laconic
MrNezumi
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MrNezumi »

:foul: It is all a slippery slope. After I fell prey to all of jlr’s gong talk I found out that the gongs are only part of the story. These gongs need to be hung up or they don’t work well. So I had to get stands. Big wooden stands. And still no sound (excluding the broken knuckle incident). Mallets are needed. Soft ones, hard ones, fuzzy ones - tons of mallets. jlr also did not mention the whole time consuming buffing process to keep them looking good. Be careful reading his posts, it can lead to dark lonely places.
JohnLRice
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by JohnLRice »

KSS wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:07 pm:agree:
:hug:
JohnLRice
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by JohnLRice »

the_laconic wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:24 pm I admit when I saw this thread I was thought "somebody is being overly serious about something unimportant". Then I read the original post, and re-read it, and (1) it's perfectly sensible, (2) it's worth saying, (3) it's interesting that you had to say it (and I think you did), and (4) it's applicable to a much wider context than 5U modular synths.
Thanks 8-)
JohnLRice
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by JohnLRice »

MrNezumi wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:33 pm :foul: It is all a slippery slope. After I fell prey to all of jlr’s gong talk I found out that the gongs are only part of the story. These gongs need to be hung up or they don’t work well. So I had to get stands. Big wooden stands. And still no sound (excluding the broken knuckle incident). Mallets are needed. Soft ones, hard ones, fuzzy ones - tons of mallets. jlr also did not mention the whole time consuming buffing process to keep them looking good. Be careful reading his posts, it can lead to dark lonely places.
WANT AD: Miserable person in dark lonely place seeks like minded individuals to share suffering. :zombie: :nod: :cookiemonster:
cornutt
Fig juggler

Post by cornutt »

MrNezumi wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:33 pm :foul: It is all a slippery slope. After I fell prey to all of jlr’s gong talk I found out that the gongs are only part of the story. These gongs need to be hung up or they don’t work well. So I had to get stands. Big wooden stands. And still no sound (excluding the broken knuckle incident). Mallets are needed. Soft ones, hard ones, fuzzy ones - tons of mallets. jlr also did not mention the whole time consuming buffing process to keep them looking good. Be careful reading his posts, it can lead to dark lonely places.
Yeah, you should have bought tam-tams. Much warmer and analog-sounding.
Sequence 15 -- sequence15.blogspot.com
Slabwax
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Slabwax »

Gongs are like pokemons got to catch the all. After selling off a dozen or so I still have a couple dozen. From teacup size to 50 lp+ behemoth I imported from Bali when I was there.
Face masks are like the bell bottoms and mullets for the new millennium.
umma gumma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by umma gumma »

Bang a gong, get it on!!

:D
JohnLRice
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by JohnLRice »

BUY GONGS, BE HAPPY! :party: :goo: :sb:
johans121
Learning to Wiggle

Post by johans121 »

John, you were a great help to me when I got started down the 5U path back in the mid 00’s. Thanks for helping me spend a crazy amount of money on this hobby instead of my kids’ college savings🤪 just kidding I wasn’t married with kids back then.
JohnLRice
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by JohnLRice »

johans121 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:47 pm John, you were a great help to me when I got started down the 5U path back in the mid 00’s. Thanks for helping me spend a crazy amount of money on this hobby instead of my kids’ college savings🤪 just kidding I wasn’t married with kids back then.
:tu: :hug: :boat:

Return to “5U Format Modules”