Announcing: Synthesizers.com Manufacturer Sub-Forum

Please check out the new sub-forum by following the link above. It is nice to have another manufacturer onboard and opening another direct communication line to potential and existing customers

Melodic Techno | Modular + Deluge

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.
tkam
Learning to Wiggle

Melodic Techno | Modular + Deluge

Post by tkam »

Happy about comments. Helps me to get better with my tracks!

Cheers, Tom
MelodicAcid
Common Wiggler

Re: Melodic Techno | Modular + Deluge

Post by MelodicAcid »

I like the slow build to the techno section. Techno can be more than just dance beats.
Just Makin' Noize
Polarflux
Common Wiggler

Post by Polarflux »

Nice track. The beat is pretty solid, but I think if you gated the bass line a bit you could get a little more drive out of the beat. I like the melodic elements later in the track, but it seems like they could be used more sparsely so the track can drop back into the groove a bit. The beginning sounds like a few tracks mixed together that are a little out of key with each other in my opinion. Maybe peel away a few sounds for use in a sister track you could later mix with this track.
Reality is whatever refuses to go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K. Dick
dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire »

Polarflux wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:45 pm Nice track. The beat is pretty solid, but I think if you gated the bass line a bit you could get a little more drive out of the beat. I like the melodic elements later in the track, but it seems like they could be used more sparsely so the track can drop back into the groove a bit. The beginning sounds like a few tracks mixed together that are a little out of key with each other in my opinion. Maybe peel away a few sounds for use in a sister track you could later mix with this track.
It is a nice track. I agree with Polarflux's comments and I'd particularly focus on the key because I do think the sounds are not in the same key. Find which sound you want the root note to be in and tune everything to that including the kick. If you are not sure how to tune the kick, you use a spectrum analyzer (I use Live's one) and adjust the frequency of the lowest harmonic peak. You can make some key changes based around that. If it were me I would add some variation to the hi hat sound. There is also a bit of rigidity and not a lot of groove. That might be your preference but I tried to groove along to this and couldn't really. You can add variation to velocity, play with swing and add some ghost notes. It has the makings of a really good tune so I'd keep working on it.
tkam
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tkam »

Hey guys, thanks for the comments!
Gating the bass line was also one thought I had, but no idea how to acomplish that in my setup. The beats are coming from the deluge and the bass line is coming from my eurorack system. Maybe I cound create another CV / Midi Track and on the deluge which mirrors the base drum, but than I'd need a way to flip the signal to use it as an envelope for gating the bass line. Or is there a better way of doing that?
I thougt all parts are in the same key - I'll check again. Good ears guys!
tkam
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tkam »

Oh and good advice to tune the kick - I never thought about that!
Freedj
Common Wiggler

Post by Freedj »

I just found this track after listening to Organism and really enjoyed it.
tkam
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tkam »

Hey, thanks! Nice from you to post here again! :-)

Return to “Your Tunes Here”