Compositions by Karlo

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Karl_Joseph
Veteran Wiggler

Compositions by Karlo

Post by Karl_Joseph » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:42 am

Thought I'd post up some of my work in the proper sub forum. If you like what you hear, please like my video and subscribe!

Here is my latest sketch using a bunch of Industrial Music Electronics modules:

- KARL

Karl_Joseph
Veteran Wiggler

Dr. L. Jazz

Post by Karl_Joseph » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:11 pm

Testing out the slice feature on a preset jazz drum loop on 1010 Music Bitbox Micro. It gets out of hand. NerdSEQ using the random jump FX to make a pseudo generative triggers. When Bitbox Micro receives a trigger, it plays a randomly selected slice from the jazz loop. Slice mode is duophonic and routed into Bionic Lester in negative comb filter mode . BL is modulated periodically from NerdSEQ. NerdSEQ is triggering envelops to close VCA to make those breaks in the beats. Kermit is modulating the Desmodus Versio time and filter. NerdSEQ sequencing everything. Squelchy synth line is Hertz Donut. Arpeggio is Piston Honda. Bass Zaps sampled from Bugbrand DRM2 into Bitbox Micro. I count 10 VCA's used, maybe more. Proof of concept only.
Last edited by Karl_Joseph on Sun May 23, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- KARL

Karl_Joseph
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Compositions by Karlo

Post by Karl_Joseph » Sun May 09, 2021 5:39 pm

Got my first LPG. Tokyo Tape Music Center, Tokyo Gate. Based on the Buchla 292, this bad boy hails all the way from Japan. There wasn't a lot of media content about this, but thought I would take the risk and get one anyways. I like it. In this demo I am LPG'n Piston Honda MkIII hitting the Tokyo Gate with a 10ms trigger (no envelope) from XOR NerdSEQ generated using the Euclidian function. Periodically, I adjust the "bridge" parameter which alters the LPG decay time tho it's not that noticeable in the example because I went over the top with everything else, sorry. I also LPG in and out a drone from BugBrand DRM2 who's oscillator is FM'd with the internal noise generator. Drums are from a VPME.de QD quad drum (not shown) that I sampled into the 1010 Music Bitbox Micro and triggered in slice mode. The drums are then heavily processed through Bionic Lester MkIII in Negative Comb mode. Love Negative Comb. The bass hits where all synthesized on BugBrand DRM2, sampled to Bitbox Micro, and triggered by NerdSEQ. The Angry Bonsuri Flute is the Industrial Music Electronics Hertz Donut MkIII - probably my favorite module of all time. There is some Mutable Instruments Beads and Noise Engineering Desmodus Versio throughout but... whatever.

Going in hot and recorded wet through the BugBrand StereoCompress with no additional processing.

- KARL

Karl_Joseph
Veteran Wiggler

The Saddest Ballet on the Coldest Day in St Petersburg

Post by Karl_Joseph » Sun May 23, 2021 4:35 pm

Here is my latest effort. Experimenting with modular dynamics. Using the NerdSEQ I am continually amazed by what this sequencer can do. My intent was a rising wall of sound, a squall swelling until the wave breaks. NerdSEQ delivered by using a mod column CV to open the LPG on the Tokyo Tape Music Center LPG to create intensity. Drums were made using VPME.de QD (not shown) sampled and sliced by 1010 Music Bitbox Micro. Bass hits and kick drum by BugBrand DRM2 (Not shown) sampled by Bitbox Micro. Melancholy drone (and swell) by Industrial Music Electronics (IME formerly know as The Harvestman) Hertz Donut Mark III. Lead/pad provided by IME Piston Honda Mark III. All the reverbs are by Noise Engineering Desmodus Versio. I love the bat verb. Drums turning into fartnoise discourtesy of Mutable Instruments Beads... I can never get it to do anything that really impresses me but that's on me, not Beads. Light compression by Bugbrand StereoCompress. No other processing.

Novation AFX Station used as a controller only.

- KARL

Karl_Joseph
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Compositions by Karlo

Post by Karl_Joseph » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:56 pm

I struggled to compose a melody with a more cheerful concept in this mid tempo piece. The drums where created using a VPME.de Quad Drum (QD) sampled and carefully sliced into a 1010 Music Bitbox Micro and then process through the Industrial Music Electronics (IME) Bionic Lester MkIII using the negative comb filter. It is then processed through Mutable Instruments Beads in delay mode. The Density is modulated by a channel of IME Kermit. The wet/dry of Beads is also modulated by XOR NerdSEQ. The somber electrical drone reminiscent of a machine room was synthesized using IME Hertz Donut. Its modulation index and processing through the Happy Nerding FX aid in bit reduction mode is done with the human touch. The twinkling melody is courtesy of the IME Piston Honda MkIII with reverb provided by Noise Engineering Desmodus Versio. The Piston Honda's FM index is also periodically modulated by hand. The bass hits are created using a BugBrand DRM2 sequenced by NerdSEQ. Finally, the machine failure drone in the outtro is IME Kermit utilizing the code scan oscillator with it waveform being modulated by the Klavis Quadigy. All sequencing provided by XOR NerdSEQ. Thanks for watching.
- KARL

Return to “Your Tunes Here”