Voting open for your top 3 tracks in our Odd Meter Remix/ReMangle/Reimagine Challenge

Prizes generously donated by:
ADDAC System (Eurorack 3U)
Endorphin.es (Eurorack 3U)
Fred's Lab (DIY Paraphonic Synth)
Northern Light Modular (Buchla-format h-series OR Eurorack3U)
Rattly and Raw (Wiggler Approved Kontakt Instrument)
Studio.h (Buchla-format 4U)

Get your vote on and free 42 minute modular playlist for your listening pleasure.

All Music Easel expander cards

Buchla, Serge, Studio.h, Northern Light Modular, Keen Assoc., 1979, Vedic Scapes, etc. Banana systems
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Xmit
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 821
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by Xmit » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:44 pm

Does anyone know if the TTMC 158 clone card is Easel Command 208C compatible?
I’m really taken with the sound of that & I can see me grabbing one for my incoming Command if they’re compatible & available....

User avatar
bphenix
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 638
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:58 pm
Location: Cascadia
Contact:

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by bphenix » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:52 pm

Xmit wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:44 pm
Does anyone know if the TTMC 158 clone card is Easel Command 208C compatible?
I’m really taken with the sound of that & I can see me grabbing one for my incoming Command if they’re compatible & available....
Both the 158 and 291 cards from TTMC are 208c compatible. I have both and the 158 is fantastic. The final version is improved over some of the early videos I happened to see of the prototype. They added the mixer (which is obvious based on the pictures) but also the frequency knob now acts has an offset when in external mode.

Xmit
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 821
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by Xmit » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:16 am

^

oh cheers- that's great news.

User avatar
antonriehl
Common Wiggler
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:02 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by antonriehl » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:53 pm

This youtube channel called "5Min Modular" has a lot of examples of the Tokyo Tape Music Center 291 on a 208c.

M.Weber
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:25 pm
Location: Freiburg
Contact:

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by M.Weber » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:55 pm

Hey!
I have Easel Command, too. I use the the EMS Synthi card from papz. I can totally recommend it to everyone. It adds so much functionality to the easel! And it sounds amazing 🤩
I will add a BOB expander in Future for individual Pulse I/O.
I‘m also interested in the TTMC 291 Card....
Best regards manu

User avatar
papz
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3847
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 6:52 pm
Location: in a suitcase
Contact:

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by papz » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:02 pm

:chug: Thank you !
Finest EMS gear service and Music Easel/208 goodies

I'm not a synths dealer and don't know of any cheap Synthi secret market.
I don't offer support for attempts to build clones of EMS equipment.
Please don't ask, thanks.

User avatar
dadRabbit
Common Wiggler
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by dadRabbit » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:51 pm

Has anyone tested the Northern Light Modular CV Polymorpher with the 208c/Easel Command? Interested in picking one up.

User avatar
ArguZ
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 610
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:03 am
Location: Copenhagen
Contact:

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by ArguZ » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:38 am

Yes i did ..
And so far it looks perfect.
I had some early reports from a user who could not get his card pitch out port to work and we suspected that the midi control is blocking somehow.
But i got a 208C now and its 100% functional.
And the new Sullins footer we use is a rock solid fit in the BEMI and BUSA 208.
Feels really sturdy, much better than just a PCB card that rocks back and forth a lot.
So, there will be a new batch of them soon.
Noisebug will carry them in the US.

User avatar
antonriehl
Common Wiggler
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:02 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by antonriehl » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:29 am

ArguZ wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:38 am
So, there will be a new batch of them soon.
Noisebug will carry them in the US.
Oh, this is good news!! Was looking forward to picking one up. Is there a thread to follow so we know when they are in stock?

User avatar
Ears
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 583
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:43 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by Ears » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:58 pm

antonriehl wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:29 am
ArguZ wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:38 am
So, there will be a new batch of them soon.
Noisebug will carry them in the US.
Oh, this is good news!! Was looking forward to picking one up. Is there a thread to follow so we know when they are in stock?
Looks like they’re already in stock?

User avatar
MikeLeeBirds
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:59 am

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by MikeLeeBirds » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:01 pm

Ears wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:58 pm
antonriehl wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:29 am
ArguZ wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:38 am
So, there will be a new batch of them soon.
Noisebug will carry them in the US.
Oh, this is good news!! Was looking forward to picking one up. Is there a thread to follow so we know when they are in stock?
Looks like they’re already in stock?
I bought one last week when it said 1 left in stock. Now it’s built to order I assume.

User avatar
Ears
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 583
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:43 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by Ears » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:29 pm

I bought one Monday and it shipped right away. There were still some left earlier in the week (I thought) but now there’re sold out so might’ve gotten the last. The MIDI card is still in stock.

User avatar
antonriehl
Common Wiggler
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:02 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by antonriehl » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:36 am

Ears wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:29 pm
I bought one Monday and it shipped right away. There were still some left earlier in the week (I thought) but now there’re sold out so might’ve gotten the last. The MIDI card is still in stock.
I guess I have to wait for the next batch to arrive... :(

User avatar
MikeLeeBirds
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:59 am

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by MikeLeeBirds » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:15 pm

antonriehl wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:36 am

I guess I have to wait for the next batch to arrive... :(
Just order one and they will build it.

User avatar
antonriehl
Common Wiggler
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:02 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by antonriehl » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:24 pm

MikeLeeBirds wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:15 pm
Just order one and they will build it.
It's the next card on my list... currently I have a toolbox, VCS3, and TTMC 291, (and a 208 hub) all on their way... I might need a little time to get to know what I have first... ;)

I do love that the 208 is almost its own little modular environment now.

User avatar
MikeLeeBirds
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:59 am

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by MikeLeeBirds » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:29 pm

antonriehl wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:24 pm
MikeLeeBirds wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:15 pm
Just order one and they will build it.
It's the next card on my list... currently I have a toolbox, VCS3, and TTMC 291, (and a 208 hub) all on their way... I might need a little time to get to know what I have first... ;)

I do love that the 208 is almost its own little modular environment now.
What’s the 208 hub?

User avatar
antonriehl
Common Wiggler
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:02 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by antonriehl » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:32 pm

MikeLeeBirds wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:29 pm
What’s the 208 hub?
It's Papz' multi-card solution for the 208 - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=237573
It allows you to have 3 (or up to 6) cards connected to your Easel at once.

User avatar
MikeLeeBirds
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:59 am

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by MikeLeeBirds » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:12 am

antonriehl wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:32 pm

It's Papz' multi-card solution for the 208 - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=237573
It allows you to have 3 (or up to 6) cards connected to your Easel at once.
That‘s great! I was wondering when the hub would be adjusted for the different layout of the 208C!

User avatar
papz
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3847
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 6:52 pm
Location: in a suitcase
Contact:

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by papz » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:45 am

The Hub for 208c has been available for 6 months and still in stock for immediate shipping. ;)
Finest EMS gear service and Music Easel/208 goodies

I'm not a synths dealer and don't know of any cheap Synthi secret market.
I don't offer support for attempts to build clones of EMS equipment.
Please don't ask, thanks.

User avatar
MikeLeeBirds
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:59 am

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by MikeLeeBirds » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:15 am

papz wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:45 am
The Hub for 208c has been available for 6 months and still in stock for immediate shipping. ;)
I saw the hub on your site, but for some reason was under the impression that it had the plugs and cutouts only for previous 208s.
Gonna order one soon.

Does it need support underneath or is the weight of three full size cards ok for this setup?

User avatar
papz
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3847
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 6:52 pm
Location: in a suitcase
Contact:

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by papz » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:33 am

The Hub doesn't need support underneath thanks to the banana pilars.

I'll add pics of the Easel Command with Hub on my website, sorry if their absence was misleading regarding the actual availability.
Finest EMS gear service and Music Easel/208 goodies

I'm not a synths dealer and don't know of any cheap Synthi secret market.
I don't offer support for attempts to build clones of EMS equipment.
Please don't ask, thanks.

Xmit
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 821
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by Xmit » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:56 am

Hi Papz,

jsut dropped you an email about a VCS3 card.... :-)

User avatar
antonriehl
Common Wiggler
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:02 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by antonriehl » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:21 pm

Wow... my Tokyo Tape Music Center 291 filter showed up today... and I must say it is a fun and wild filter! I wasn't really planning to record any demos of it today... but I just found it super inspiring, and made a bunch of instagram posts. Excuse the cell phone microphone aspect of this... but I think you get some good ideas about the sound of the filter.





User avatar
MikeLeeBirds
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:59 am

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by MikeLeeBirds » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:33 am

Look at the beautiful backplates for Northern Light‘s cardOC!
Attachments
ED8A6D26-2918-42F1-B0E9-279C4C855F35.jpeg

littleAUDIO
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:47 pm

Re: All Music Easel expander cards

Post by littleAUDIO » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:22 am

My understanding is the Polymorpher oC that works with the Easel Command 208c is the v2 one right?
ArguZ wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:38 am
Yes i did ..
And so far it looks perfect.
I had some early reports from a user who could not get his card pitch out port to work and we suspected that the midi control is blocking somehow.
But i got a 208C now and its 100% functional.
And the new Sullins footer we use is a rock solid fit in the BEMI and BUSA 208.
Feels really sturdy, much better than just a PCB card that rocks back and forth a lot.
So, there will be a new batch of them soon.
Noisebug will carry them in the US.

Post Reply

Return to “4U Format Modules + EMS”