Hologram microcosm

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Hologram microcosm

Post by smetak » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:03 am

unexpectedbowtie wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:37 pm
biggerovski wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:43 am
Thank you SO much for this unbiased post! Most reviews seem to be sponsored in some way, and while that's not always an issue, it does seem to seem the overall perspective. Super informative and helpful! :hail:
Thanks for watching!
Caught your demo by coincidence (didn't know you were on Muff) - yeah, really enjoyed your review, very well said on the pros and cons of the device. Must say that my does work quite well with guitar, though never tried it with synths.

Starfucker inc.
Common Wiggler

Post by Starfucker inc. » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:50 am

Benamad
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Benamad » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:21 pm

Nik wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:42 pm
## While in Global Configuration mode, tap the Select/Shift button 3 times rapidly. The indicator lights should change to either blue (representing the old triggering style) or green (representing the new triggering style). You can toggle back and forth by tapping the Select/Shift button 3 times.
Thanks but this doesn’t work for me. On global configuration mode the indicator lights become blue at the second tap not the third and if I do it again it’s always blue never green.
I updated With the lastest firmware 1.12 may 2021 but can’t have a clue to be sure that the update worked.
Perhaps they change this on 1.12 ? Can anyone with 1.12 try to tap 3 times the select button on global configuration please ?

unexpectedbowtie
Veteran Wiggler

Post by unexpectedbowtie » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:34 pm

Benamad wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:21 pm
Nik wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:42 pm
## While in Global Configuration mode, tap the Select/Shift button 3 times rapidly. The indicator lights should change to either blue (representing the old triggering style) or green (representing the new triggering style). You can toggle back and forth by tapping the Select/Shift button 3 times.
Thanks but this doesn’t work for me. On global configuration mode the indicator lights become blue at the second tap not the third and if I do it again it’s always blue never green.
I updated With the lastest firmware 1.12 may 2021 but can’t have a clue to be sure that the update worked.
Perhaps they change this on 1.12 ? Can anyone with 1.12 try to tap 3 times the select button on global configuration please ?
The process described above doesn't work on the newer firmware.

Benamad
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Benamad » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:16 am

unexpectedbowtie wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:34 pm
The process described above doesn't work on the newer firmware.
Thanks.

Benamad
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Benamad » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:51 am

I had a reply from Hologram about 1.12 update, no alternate triggering mode and a nice way to check the update :
"There is no alternate triggering mode on the latest firmware [1.12]. So it sounds like you have the latest version (V 1.12)-- but it's worth checking. You can test this in the global configuration menu. Once you're in GC, simply tap the Reverse Looper button 3 times rapidly. If Mosaic, Haze, and Tunnel lights illuminate-- then you have the latest firmware. If not, then you have an older version."
Hope it helps.

SingIt
Common Wiggler

Post by SingIt » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:08 pm

Any of you all have this pedal attached to a patch bay? I have some free inputs I could plug this into, but I am unsure how to wire it up so I can use the front of the bay to route audio into it from my hardware.

SkudShark
Learning to Wiggle

Post by SkudShark » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:33 pm

SingIt wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:08 pm
Any of you all have this pedal attached to a patch bay? I have some free inputs I could plug this into, but I am unsure how to wire it up so I can use the front of the bay to route audio into it from my hardware.
I use mine with a Samson 48 port patchbay-
In my case 16 mono channels to the mixer and I have 8 spare for stereo pedals. I use them for my Microcosm (use a stereo Y adapter) and Time Factor delays and a Walrus R1 and Specular Tempus for reverbs. if you have the table space to keep them all wired up and such, it's super handy to do with the patch bay and let it take the wear and tear.
For the pedals the input on the front bottom goes to pedal input and the pedal output plugs into the top rear and the front top just gets routed to one of the mixer channels or sent to another pedal in the chain.

Yoozer on GS made a good diagram of how I route mine (bottom example)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SingIt
Common Wiggler

Post by SingIt » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:52 pm

SkudShark wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:33 pm
SingIt wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:08 pm
I use mine with a Samson 48 port patchbay-
In my case 16 mono channels to the mixer and I have 8 spare for stereo pedals. I use them for my Microcosm (use a stereo Y adapter) and Time Factor delays and a Walrus R1 and Specular Tempus for reverbs. if you have the table space to keep them all wired up and such, it's super handy to do with the patch bay and let it take the wear and tear.
For the pedals the input on the front bottom goes to pedal input and the pedal output plugs into the top rear and the front top just gets routed to one of the mixer channels or sent to another pedal in the chain.

Yoozer on GS made a good diagram of how I route mine (bottom example)
Yes, awesome this is exactly what i was looking for. I have the same patch bay as well and i route the synths to my interface the same as the diagram.

My front switches are set to half-normal. Id like to interrupt the sound from my selected synth and send it into the pedal instead. Is that the proper setting? I believe normal will double the signal so it sends into the synth input plus the pedal, but i may be mixing the 2 up.

SkudShark
Learning to Wiggle

Post by SkudShark » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:22 am

SingIt wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:52 pm

Yes, awesome this is exactly what i was looking for. I have the same patch bay as well and i route the synths to my interface the same as the diagram.

My front switches are set to half-normal. Id like to interrupt the sound from my selected synth and send it into the pedal instead. Is that the proper setting? I believe normal will double the signal so it sends into the synth input plus the pedal, but i may be mixing the 2 up.
Patching in normal will break the connection to the bottom jack and the signal goes wherever you point the patch cable.

Half-Normal will continue to feed the original signal to the bottom even when patched.

SingIt
Common Wiggler

Post by SingIt » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:33 pm

SkudShark wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:22 am
SingIt wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:52 pm

Patching in normal will break the connection to the bottom jack and the signal goes wherever you point the patch cable.

Half-Normal will continue to feed the original signal to the bottom even when patched.
Thanks! Ill switch to normal. Seems pretty straightforward from there.

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”