DIY Trade Thread [ Parts, PCBs, Panels ]

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

ComradeBob
Learning to Wiggle

Re: DIY Trade Thread [ Parts, PCBs, Panels ]

Post by ComradeBob »

I've got a few (very diy) dual log/lin VCAs. I printed them from a schematic posted on Github ( https://github.com/nickajeglin/Eurorack-pcbs ) and built them, 3 work perfectly, 1 works mostly (top VCA works 100%, bottom VCA works well in linear and doesn't work in log mode) and one I threw out after frying the ICs.

They're based off MFOS designs and in the spirit of Ray's wishes I won't be selling them, but it's more VCA than I have space for in my rack currently, so I'm interested in trades for PCBs (especially weird envelope generators and filters) in Eurorack.

I also have a few extra of the MFOS VCO (from the same github) PCBs that I haven't built.

Jarno
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jarno »

For a stompbox build I need 2x VTL5C4 optocouplers/vactrols, and it's a bit of a longshot, but anyone here in EU have a few to spare?
I have a bunch of other types, like VTL5C3/2, VTL5C4/2, Single VTL5C3's, so yeah, anyone here keen?
va259
Learning to Wiggle

Post by va259 »

Jarno wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:02 pm For a stompbox build I need 2x VTL5C4 optocouplers/vactrols, and it's a bit of a longshot, but anyone here in EU have a few to spare?
I have a bunch of other types, like VTL5C3/2, VTL5C4/2, Single VTL5C3's, so yeah, anyone here keen?
I have a bunch of them, will DM.

UPD. Sorry, I first read you're looking for dual ones – can't help with single VTL5C4's.
sines
A Certain Wiggler

US: 3X LM3046M ICs

Post by sines »

Looking for 3X LM3046M in the US to complete 3x PhilicityK ARP Odyssey VCOs. CA3046 or CA3086 in SOIC would work too. I already have CA3086s and finding that it is a challenge to find a reverse SOIC/TSSOP-14 to DIP Adapter. Let me know if you have anything of the sort. Thanks!
KSS
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by KSS »

@sines
CA3086's will work fine in an ARP osc. ARP themselves used the CA3086 in their 4027-1 submodules.

For that matter, you can substitute qty 5 of just about any general purpose NPN trannys. Only two of them need matching -for the diff pair at pins 1-5, and many modern parts arriving on a tape next to each other will be matched well enough. Don't drive yourself crazy looking for the originals. You don't need to.
Treat utility modules as stars instead of backup singers.
Treat power supplies like Rockstars instead of roadies!
Chase magic sound, not magic parts.
sines
A Certain Wiggler

Post by sines »

KSS wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:09 pm @sines
CA3086's will work fine in an ARP osc. ARP themselves used the CA3086 in their 4027-1 submodules.

For that matter, you can substitute qty 5 of just about any general purpose NPN trannys. Only two of them need matching -for the diff pair at pins 1-5, and many modern parts arriving on a tape next to each other will be matched well enough. Don't drive yourself crazy looking for the originals. You don't need to.
Thank you for the idea!
IMG_3596.jpg
I tried this, following the LMN3046M data sheet. Waiting for the weird value resistors to come in before I give it a whirl tomorrow.
2n3904-SMD-transistor-pinout.jpg
LM3048M_PINOUT.png
LM3048M_PINOUT.png (55.44 KiB) Viewed 1929 times
I also had to do some creative twisting to turn JFET201s into 2SK30s.
IMG_3598.jpg
elmegil
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by elmegil »

Nice. If you had it, I'd have used heat shrink on that bent leg tho. :)
sines
A Certain Wiggler

Post by sines »

I probably will. Oops. ;)
sines
A Certain Wiggler

Post by sines »

acgenerator wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:42 am Stuff I'd be interested in as trade:
- speech chips (Speakjet, Voltrax, etc)
If you have interest let me know what you have.
I would love to hear what you're doing with a Voltrax chip.
KSS
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by KSS »

sines wrote:
elmegil wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:33 pm Nice. If you had it, I'd have used heat shrink on that bent leg tho. :)
I probably will. Oops. ;)
Not really necessary when you can turn the top 90 as he's done. You only need to sleeve the leg if they're used in 'facing' pairs where you can't turn the top to provide enough lead separation. Even then, it often works out where you can turn both trannys in the facing pair 45 degrees and it won't need a sleeve. The need and results will be different for different footprints and different pinouts. in-line vs triangle footprint, and ECB vs EBC pinout.

Another factor that affects the need for a leg sleeve is how close the body is to the PCB. Three legs is *plenty* of support when the tranny body is near the PCB. <--Generally a good idea anyways!

I'd bet it would take quite some 'trauma' for the tranny in sines' photo to benefit from a sleeve. I'd leave it as-is.
Treat utility modules as stars instead of backup singers.
Treat power supplies like Rockstars instead of roadies!
Chase magic sound, not magic parts.
jersupereq
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jersupereq »

I recently acquired a large lot of knobs and some of them are not the dimension I'm used to. I figured someone on here might be able to use them. I believe most of these are for a 3mm shaft, not the usual ~6mm, although some look bigger and smaller. Most of them are quite nice and in descent shape.
ldezem
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Fairchild FJN3303R NPN Transistor

Post by ldezem »

Reality Checkpoint wrote: Sat May 09, 2015 1:11 pm If anyone needs some of these hard to track down transistors I have 200 coming next week.
I currently have 17 of these Fairchild FJN3303R NPN Transistors in Helsinki ready so dispatch anywhere in the world, free of charge. I'll keep details on the quantity updated on this webpage: http://oree.storijapan.net/praxis/fairchild/. I'd love to learn what people are building with these (but I won't pry)!
Jarno
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jarno »

jersupereq wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:33 pm I recently acquired a large lot of knobs and some of them are not the dimension I'm used to. I figured someone on here might be able to use them. I believe most of these are for a 3mm shaft, not the usual ~6mm, although some look bigger and smaller. Most of them are quite nice and in descent shape.
The knobs with collet might be 6mm, and 4mm was also a popular standard shaft size, as well as 1/8". But yeah, I think everybody uses 1/4" these days.
Ratimus
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Ratimus »

I've got five good SSM2056 adsr ics pulled from a Korg Poly61.
A handful of Atmega328s (dip-28).
A couple TI Stellaris Launchpad eval boards.
Two mirror black Magpie sandblasted panels for MI Rings.
An oak panel for a Bastl Popcorn sequencer.
An sp0256-al2 speech synthesis ic (not a fake).
I can also get you germanium transistors of just about any gain you need, or matched sets for specific applications. Mostly Russian NOS PNPs. I've got a massive stash and a Peak DCA meter. I've got some NPNs as well.

Let me know if you're interested in anything and what kinds of goodies you might have in exchange.
KenjiYamane
Learning to Wiggle

Post by KenjiYamane »

I've compiled a list of tradable PCBs on my site!
I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

https://ijnekenamay.github.io/

mrtweed
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mrtweed »

found one in the parts bin, thanks!
Radiance2021
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Radiance2021 »

nuvotem toroid transformer, 2 x 110V - 2 x 18V , 120VA, 1,2kg.
djs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by djs »

US only- lightly used panavise pcb holder. Jaws extend to about 11” wide and are about 6” tall.

Interested in Buchla diy panels, cgs DUSG or ssg pcbs. Interesting effects pcbs, Buchla rogan knobs. Try me!Image
Attachments
67D0FDFA-421D-4292-AFB7-0BC181AD8D7C.jpeg
1750B8C3-D8EC-4783-93F4-42BC17E04724.jpeg
"Noise is what the Earth is made of" - David Bowie
@neutronstar604
whyfarer
Veteran Wiggler

Post by whyfarer »

I have a few things up for trade/giveaway:

living vco, eurorack barcode edition panel, with all (or at least very close to all) parts sourced including 10turn pots. I started building the first voice, ran into some issue I can't remember, and now have no time. would rather this get used than sit in a box.

cd4013 breakout eurorack module. when I built it I had to run some wire to lifted pads. one of those wires has come loose, but the module was working before that. should be a very quick fix. comes with a stainless steel panel that I etched and drilled. it was my first attempt at a panel. doesn't fit the soldered jack positions, but I think you could reheat the jacks and get it to fit. or you could make your own panel

mutable frames (full size) pcb and black oscillasaurus panel

I don't have particular needs, and would be willing to part with these if you cover shipping. if you want to trade, I would take a case for a norns shield (3d printed, acrylic, just an aluminum faceplate even), or teletype expansion pcbs/panels (TXo, TXi, nearness, etc)
fragletrollet
Veteran Wiggler

Post by fragletrollet »

Hey,

Mainly looking for Mutable Instruments pcb's & Magpie or Antumbra aluminium panels. Could also be interested in other pcb's, whatcha got?

I have a bunch of MegaCommandLive pcb's if anyone needs for their Machinedrum, MidiTHRU boards, THAT 1646/1246 i/o boards, eurorack 78xx/79xx based psu boards, various adapter boards, RuffRecords Pultec clones (both for Grayhills and Lorlins) and Helios69 eq boards, Harrison 32eq filter/io boards, Neve 8128 filter/io boards.

I also have a good selection of parts, hit me up with what you need and I'll see if I can't accommodate you :cloud:
m12386
Common Wiggler

Post by m12386 »

I have an extra Antumbra Knit & GRID anodized panel
Last edited by m12386 on Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
midirobot
Common Wiggler

Post by midirobot »

Hello : ) looking for a braids panel,anyone ?
madcaphorse
Common Wiggler

Post by madcaphorse »

Anyone have a spare DAC8552IDGKT? I'm setting up to learn SMD this winter and have a bunch of mutable boards coming, but can't source that part for Peaks.

I'm pretty new to DIY so don't have a lot to trade, but I'll be putting in some orders with CabinTech, Mouser, and Tayda and could add some things on if there's anything small you need that I can take on shipping for...
Bamboombaps
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Bamboombaps »

Some PCB panel sets and stuff I have for trade
Dunno source of uncertainty clone
Haraldwerks through zero LFO
SynthSizer ruler
Eurorack blanks
1u blanks intellijel and pulp logic sizes
Stereo speaker partial kit
Europi Allen synthesis
Haraldwerks pulses
Plinky expander
Oovsteen dimensions
Attachments
IMG_20210912_161048.jpg
IMG_20210912_160615.jpg
IMG_20210912_160642.jpg
IMG_20210912_160720.jpg
IMG_20211123_131931.jpg
IMG_20211117_135802.jpg
IMG_20211109_162610.jpg
IMG_20211117_135245.jpg
mrtweed
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mrtweed »

looking for 2 x DQDG409DQ-T1-E3 if anyone can help me out?

have some STM32F103CBT6, erica pcb/panels, 4hp wasp pcb/panels etc. happy to pay either. cheers!

Return to “Music Tech DIY”