Aliexpress STM32s or Alternatives?

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford

DissonanceDipper
Learning to Wiggle

Aliexpress STM32s or Alternatives?

Post by DissonanceDipper »

Hello forum,

I'm trying to source an STM32F373RBT6 for a DIY build. Curious if anybody has experience with a particular Aliexpress seller or other?

Let me know, thanks!
Bartimaeus
Ultra Wiggler

Re: Aliexpress STM32s or Alternatives?

Post by Bartimaeus »

you're not going to like this, but i just recommend that you wait until they're available at reliable retailers again. i know that could be quite a while, but is this DIY build that essential? do you really want to desolder an iffy QFP-64 chip?
KSS
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by KSS »

:agree:
A resonable alternative is to buy something -from a reliable seller- that incorporates the STM you want. Hot air to get it off the old and onto your new.

But most of those have already dried up too since that's been a workaround for awhile now.
DissonanceDipper
Learning to Wiggle

Post by DissonanceDipper »

KSS wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:41 pm :agree:
A resonable alternative is to buy something -from a reliable seller- that incorporates the STM you want. Hot air to get it off the old and onto your new.

But most of those have already dried up too since that's been a workaround for awhile now.
Interesting concept. I haven't actually even considered that. Probably not worth the trouble. I think I'll just have to wait long term for a reliable seller to ship them out.

Return to “Music Tech DIY”