Looking for a builder? Post here!

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Epep
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Looking for a builder? Post here!

Post by Epep » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:19 am

Hi, i'm looking for someone who would be interested in building Buchla 100 clone, or 100 and 200 mix for me, preferably located in Berlin. I haven't decided exactly which modules or size of the boat i would like to go for, but i'm planning to start with a small boat and expand later if i want to. Due to a limited budget to be spent each month in this current situation, i'm expecting this project to go slow. I'm new to Buchla so would appreciate if it was someone who could give some advice when needed and be patient with a beginner..;)
Thanks!

johny_gtr
Ultra Wiggler

Post by johny_gtr » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:16 am

Who can design and build alternate panel for Klangbau Koln TP Resonator (https://www.modulargrid.net/e/klangbau- ... -resonator)
My other modules in the case are Random Source and XAOC and I'd like to make Resonator in the same style
* Aluminium panel
* Davies black knobs
* Simple graphics that looks like R*S or Xaoc
new electric electronic album soon:

richie
Common Wiggler

Post by richie » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:06 am

Hello looking for a builder of the Westlicht Performer in France or EU.
Prefer the white panel but either would do!

Monochopstick
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Monochopstick » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:54 am

Hi, I am looking for someone to build this for me:

https://ejlabs.net/arduino-midi-master-clock/

https://github.com/ejlabs/arduino-midi-sync

Its an arduino project, so might be simple for someone with the right knowledge?

Ideally UK based builder to keep postage costs and any brexit related issues to a minimum. Don't know what to expect cost wise, so if you are interested let me know and we can talk around that 🙂

Many thanks!

agitprop
Common Wiggler

Post by agitprop » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:24 pm

Need someone to wire up a heavy-duty power-supply for big case in Northern California . . .

I have a shitload of low-voltage DIY experience, but zero high-voltage experience, and I have an electronics project I that have frankly hit my skill limit on and need to find an experienced hand to take it the final mile . . .

I have a big 5-row wooden Eurorack case that my friend and I made together a couple of years ago. It is completely done EXCEPT I am scared witless to wire up the industrial power supply I have for it. I just don't have the higher-voltage experience to be comfortable doing it, and I am insanely busy at work.

Am hoping there is someone competent here in Northern California who would be willing to finish this stage for me—compensated of course!

If you are in NorCal and willing to save my bacon on this project, please DM! I am happy to share photos of the case, the header boards I've installed, and the power supply and connectors I sourced for it.

1n
Ultra Wiggler

Post by 1n » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:52 am

done

Grandma's trousers
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Grandma's trousers » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:25 am

Just bought a Westlicht Performer kit. Would love to find a UK-based builder for it.

Grandma's trousers
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Grandma's trousers » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:48 am

DanaFo
Common Wiggler

Post by DanaFo » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:22 pm

Hey would anyone be able to advise me on a tanzbar rehabilitation?
There's 2 components:
-Replacing the cheeks for cheeks that allow an angled sitting position configuration.
-Refinishing the metal brackets

I'd just like a best practices to know what I should be aiming for and who to work with. Plz dm me!

Cheers,

kinkycables
Common Wiggler

Post by kinkycables » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:40 pm

Anyone out there building Resonant EQ's?

crumb dinger
Common Wiggler

Post by crumb dinger » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:38 am

Looking to commission a builder for Teletype expanders, probably one of each Txo and Txi. I'm located in Chicago, hit me up via pm!

ModusOp
Oneiric Automatist

Post by ModusOp » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:51 am

Might anyone in the US be interested in building a Magpie Dubledeca? :D I can buy the kit off of Reverb and send it to you.
(=^・ω・^)y=|:::|

infreefall
1-Post Wiggler

Post by infreefall » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:40 pm

Hi

I've got a Psycox Syncussion SY-1M March 2021 kit and all components from Mouser but have very little time and lack of SMD soldering experience to put it together so looking for someone to build it for me. Preferably someone London-based where I am so I can drop it off. Let me know if you have the skills and are close by enough to help me with it.

horis
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Looking for a builder? Post here! -> Yaksha's Fate

Post by horis » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:34 pm

Hi,

I would like to get a Mutable Rings module, I am on an 8HP limit for this and the https://www.st-modular.com/yakshasfate.htm / https://github.com/Laminim/EURORACK/tre ... KSHAS_FATE would the thing for me, because of its great playability with proper knobs.

But I am not able to do the soldering and testing myself. The module also seems to have a lot of SMD components.

So I am looking for someone to build the module for me. I would do the PCB order and the sourcing of the parts (hoping I will be able to...). I live in Switzerland, so a Europe based builder would be good for lower postage and easy handling.

Please PM me, thanks

Voltage_Controller
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Voltage_Controller » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:46 am

Looking for someone to build my 73-75. I have all the parts, just not the time. in DC/Baltimore area. Thanks!
“The only truth is music.” ― Kerouac

ArqueroPowers
Learning to Wiggle

Pair of Eurorack Speaker Kits

Post by ArqueroPowers » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:07 pm

Hello everyone, first time in the forum!
I have a pair of Clacktronics Eurorack mini speaker kits that I just received from SynthCube that need building.
It looks to be a relatively simple project, all the info and instructions are in this page:

http://clacktronics.co.uk/euroclack/mini-speaker_kit/

I inspected the kits and they are both complete, whoever would like to help me out is free to get in touch!
Hey, kids! Take a walk on the wild side!

timoka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by timoka » Wed May 05, 2021 9:16 am

hi, i have a full cgs quad slope euro kit with clark panel sitting here since forever and i know i will mess it up if i try to build it...
so, i would love to find a reliable builder for this module, i'm in switzerland, but eu shipments are possible.

cheers
:guinness:

bedhed3000
Wiggling with Experience

Post by bedhed3000 » Wed May 05, 2021 6:59 pm

Hello, I need someone (US-based, preferably West Coast) to repair a bad build of an ADDAC104 Eurorack module.
Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks!
Last edited by bedhed3000 on Thu May 06, 2021 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

snowtires
Wiggling with Experience

Post by snowtires » Wed May 05, 2021 9:32 pm

Anyone in the US feel like taking a look at an ST Modular Pyxis? It flashes no problem, no heat or anything anywhere, I just cannot get this thing to make sound consistently, and when it does make sound it goes from a mix of sounding good to sounding like an explosion in an Atari game. Holding my fingers to the PCB in various spaces HAS made it produce some sounds, so there must be a bad joint or IC somewhere. Unfortunately I don't have the necessary equipment to check the problem. I don't need it to be fixed unless you have the parts on hand, really, I'm just looking for someone with an oscilloscope or similar equipment to take a look and to tell me what is wrong with it so I can fix it myself.

cranleigh
Wiggling with Experience

Post by cranleigh » Mon May 10, 2021 1:41 pm

Any Nava experts on here by any chance? I have one that was working but has crapped out for some reason and no longer boots up. I'm in NYC but could ship it if needs be. Thanks!

inner_light
Wiggling with Experience

Post by inner_light » Thu May 13, 2021 4:53 pm

Hello!
I'm interested in potentially paying someone to build me a breakout for the Toppobrillo Mixiplexer. It just needs to be a simple panel that will allow me access to use the module as a VCA. If you have any additional ideas thats great too!
Ive attached the manual which includes the layout for the breakout pins.
Im in Baltimore USA.
Thanks in advance! PM me if interested/willing!
Christian
Mixiplexer Manual 1.0.pdf
(990.63 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

Pagoda-100
Common Wiggler

Post by Pagoda-100 » Thu May 13, 2021 5:04 pm

Looking for a builder to do some LW format modules. 4-5 Slightly Nasty to start.
Located in US would be best. I will source PCBs and panels. (unless you prefer me not to)
DM if interested.
Thanks!

snowtires
Wiggling with Experience

Post by snowtires » Thu May 13, 2021 9:42 pm

snowtires wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:32 pm
Anyone in the US feel like taking a look at an ST Modular Pyxis? It flashes no problem, no heat or anything anywhere, I just cannot get this thing to make sound consistently, and when it does make sound it goes from a mix of sounding good to sounding like an explosion in an Atari game. Holding my fingers to the PCB in various spaces HAS made it produce some sounds, so there must be a bad joint or IC somewhere. Unfortunately I don't have the necessary equipment to check the problem. I don't need it to be fixed unless you have the parts on hand, really, I'm just looking for someone with an oscilloscope or similar equipment to take a look and to tell me what is wrong with it so I can fix it myself.
Still looking for someone who could help me with this.

strawberry
Common Wiggler

Post by strawberry » Fri May 14, 2021 11:07 am

Hi,
Looking for someone in the UK to repair a few modules.

deftinwulf
Veteran Wiggler

Post by deftinwulf » Fri May 14, 2021 11:57 am

Any builders in Florida willing to take on a few euro module jobs? PM to exchange details, if interested. :)

Return to “Music Tech DIY”