OMFG i want an analog delay

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

BTByrd
Wiggling with The Experience Machine

Post by BTByrd »

bkbirge: What Lexicon unit is that? One of the first plugin delays I ever really liked was the PSP-84 and that always made me want an 80's Lexicon delay. But I'm not at all familiar with the different Lexicon products from this period; anyone care to enlighten me?
bkbirge
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bkbirge »

BTByrd wrote:bkbirge: What Lexicon unit is that? One of the first plugin delays I ever really liked was the PSP-84 and that always made me want an 80's Lexicon delay. But I'm not at all familiar with the different Lexicon products from this period; anyone care to enlighten me?
That's a Prime Time II, my favorite version. There is also the Prime Time and Super Prime Time (III). Other classic Lex delays of that era are the PCM 41 and PCM 42. All can be pricey but they are well worth it for the sound. You can still find 'em occasionally on ebay or gearslutz.
mudlogger
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mudlogger »

Mg Music That's Echo Folks with Pigs Tail - love it.

fireclown
Ultra Wiggler

Post by fireclown »

roland DC/Boss DM
deltalabs echotrons

highly recommend Roland DC/Boss DM series echo/chorus units.
ether
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ether »

All delays rule :bananaguitar:

One awesome trick with the Moog 104 is to patch gadgets into the pedal's loop, ala:

:75: of fun!!!
DREIPOLAR
Super Deluxe Wiggler

dynacord vrs 23

Post by DREIPOLAR »

one you all forgot to mention:

the dynacord vrs 23 ... it has a really special lofi sound, very noisy, very emotional ... and cheap.

Scaff
Elbe Kontrollspannungsverein

Re: dynacord vrs 23

Post by Scaff »

lilakmonoke wrote:one you all forgot to mention:

the dynacord vrs 23 ... it has a really special lofi sound, very noisy, very emotional ... and cheap.

i also have an VRS23 and love it :love:
If your system doesn't sound good enough, you haven't spent enough
studiokpg
Resplendent in Divergence

Post by studiokpg »

Not analog, or a stand alone unit, but I love it: Augustus Loop plugin by Expert Sleepers. You can do stupidly long delay times, four fully adjustable taps with stereo cross panning, all kinds of saturation and filtering options, and (I think - haven't tried it) an external effect loop built in.
nickciontea
brownshoesonly

Post by nickciontea »

i put cv control on that pink ad-999 with an arduino..

ITS AWESOME!
frozenkore
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by frozenkore »

July 4th, 2009
wetterberg wrote:
Malekko wrote:i think in 16 years we'll have that damn euro module released that was supposed to be done forever ago...

:sadbanana:
sign me up, homes. I'll pay in galacti-dollars.
December 5th, 2010
ferran wrote:Moog MF104z analog delay, no question. :yay:
This is completely off-topic, but I have admit, I admire how someone can reply to a topic from over a year ago and everyone responds and carries on as if the reply was on something written yesterday. I've seen this before I think in a thread about the MFB VCO-02 and another one filter related. Nothing bad or anything, I just think it's funny, like we're in a time warp and a year and a half has not passed. :lol:

Anyhow, sorry, I have nothing useful to contribute so I'll shut up now. 8_)
Cheers!
Brian
Madrayken
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Madrayken »

frozenkore wrote:July 4th, 2009
wetterberg wrote:
Malekko wrote:i think in 16 years we'll have that damn euro module released that was supposed to be done forever ago...

:sadbanana:
sign me up, homes. I'll pay in galacti-dollars.
December 5th, 2010
ferran wrote:Moog MF104z analog delay, no question. :yay:
This is completely off-topic, but I have admit, I admire how someone can reply to a topic from over a year ago and everyone responds and carries on as if the reply was on something written yesterday. I've seen this before I think in a thread about the MFB VCO-02 and another one filter related. Nothing bad or anything, I just think it's funny, like we're in a time warp and a year and a half has not passed. :lol:

Anyhow, sorry, I have nothing useful to contribute so I'll shut up now. 8_)
I think all things modular move in 'ent-time'. My preferred music last many times longer than is normal. I don't see why threads should be different.

And hell, this is a delay thread. There's going to be a bit of a lag. Isn't that the point? :-)
Anger is a sublimated desire for power.

https://denecarter.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/Madrayken
frozenkore
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by frozenkore »

Madrayken wrote: I think all things modular move in 'ent-time'. My preferred music last many times longer than is normal. I don't see why threads should be different.
Completely, I think it's great that these things happen because a lot of the time they are threads that start and end before I was even a member so I probably have missed them. I just think it's funny, especially in a thread where the OP is asking for advice on what others use and the responses will potentially affect that the OP might buy. Then you have a year gap and it continues on as if it were yesterday. Hell, the OP could have given up all his musical equipment for yachting (which you probably could get a nice one if you did that).

No I love when threads with great information like this resurface.
Madrayken wrote: And hell, this is a delay thread. There's going to be a bit of a lag. Isn't that the point? :-)
:lol:
Cheers!
Brian
Raglani
EMS blasphemer

Post by Raglani »

#1Roland Space Echo.
#2 Boss Giga delay
#3 Maxon AD-9.
Oldstench
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Oldstench »

I would kill for a Space Echo...
Humanity has doomed itself.
debriff
Common Wiggler

Post by debriff »

Raglani wrote:#1Roland Space Echo.
#2 Boss Giga delay
#3 Maxon AD-9.
Make it Maxon AD999 ! :love:
stk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by stk »

Oldstench wrote:I would kill for a Space Echo...
Would you pay > :75: X10 for one?
Cos that's what they seem to be going for these days. Which is, imho, dumb.
I got mine years back for 200. They're good, but not as good as they sell for these days.
syzygywell
aligned wiggler

Post by syzygywell »

Yeah I paid exactly that for mine 8 months ago including shipping. It was in stellar shape and had just been serviced so there is that but still it was more than I wanted to spend but I really wanted it. I'm also going to be rockin the ibanez ad202 here in a few days.

I'm a delay junkie, I've got lots o delay ooooo, most of it digital tho.
It's been a long time since someone wrote a really good book in jail.

https://www.instagram.com/instrumentsofflight/
nickciontea
brownshoesonly

Post by nickciontea »

i sold off my space echo. but i think i will buy one again when teh prices change
Last edited by nickciontea on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veqtor
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Veqtor »

I want a strymon eurorack delay module!
studiokpg
Resplendent in Divergence

Post by studiokpg »

Is there a standalone delay that can be easily hacked for voltage control?
felixer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by felixer »

studiokpg wrote:Is there a standalone delay that can be easily hacked for voltage control?
this one http://magento.moodysounds.se/index.php ... m_store=se uses a ldr for delay time. could prob be modded with a vactrol? thinking about building a euromodule like that myself .... judging from the demo's it sounds nice.
don't need midi, don't need keys, just want knobs and cables (all together now ;-)
justin3am
Let's go do some crimes

Post by justin3am »

studiokpg wrote:Is there a standalone delay that can be easily hacked for voltage control?
Both of these respond to 0-5v at the expression pedal input.

http://www.ehx.com/products/memory-boy1
http://www.ehx.com/products/deluxe-memory-boy

I use a Memory Boy in conjunction with an A-138d and a VCA to have control of delay time and feedback. I'm probably going to end up with another one. :tu:
bkbirge
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bkbirge »

My old RDS 3600 (Digitech) delay has voltage control as an input, can be used for LFO or delay time I believe, I've never used it. I think a lot of the older digital units early to mid 80's had that. If you go to loopersdelight.com they'll help with info, they are all about delays though mainly guitar players.
felixer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by felixer »

felixer wrote: this one http://magento.moodysounds.se/index.php ... m_store=se uses a ldr for delay time. could prob be modded with a vactrol? thinking about building a euromodule like that myself .... judging from the demo's it sounds nice.
just ordered two 'bare bone kits' that albin roslund graciously offered. hope to have a eurorack module up and running in the next year ....
don't need midi, don't need keys, just want knobs and cables (all together now ;-)
God_Albino
Common Wiggler

Post by God_Albino »

The MF 104z's great if you use other moogerfoogers or really need the cv; just the tricks you can do coupling it with the moog phaser are good enough for me to swallow the price tag, but my delay preferences kinda change going from the guitar camp to synth; digital delay isn't the tone-sucking monster on synths (as much, anyway), and you don;t always want warm grit.

mxr's carbon copy is a really good, cheap analog delay that definitely doesn't sound 600$ worse than the MF; no cv or bells and whistles, not a ton of time, but it sounds great, and power-starving it does some insane shit.

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”