OMFG i want an analog delay

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

User avatar
kriskeyman
Common Wiggler
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:29 am
Location: SF Bay Area, California, USA, Earth
Contact:

Re: OMFG i want an analog delay

Post by kriskeyman »

Have been using Moogerfooger MF-104Z for several years and it always contrasts nicely with other digital delays in the mix.
Powerdwarf
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Re: OMFG i want an analog delay

Post by Powerdwarf »

Wavtekt wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:51 pm
Anyways, it is hard to get an analog delay without any of the issues mentioned above. You either embrace it, or stay away from it .

It's 2022 now, I wonder why no one was able to resolve these issues ...
Xaoc Sarajewo has eliminated bbd noise quite well tbh
User avatar
Kosmikos
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 947
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:21 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: OMFG i want an analog delay

Post by Kosmikos »

Powerdwarf wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:04 pm
Wavtekt wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:51 pm
Anyways, it is hard to get an analog delay without any of the issues mentioned above. You either embrace it, or stay away from it .

It's 2022 now, I wonder why no one was able to resolve these issues ...
Xaoc Sarajewo has eliminated bbd noise quite well tbh
Interesting, the one I received had clock noise on the long delay times, and pretty loud whining noise on shorter ones. Much worse than my PT delays (which have no discernible noise at short delay times).
I sent a video to Xaoc Devices and they said it was normal :hmm: .
But then I also found some other strange issues so I returned it. First Xaoc module I had with a problem to be fair (and I have bought a few).
It seems that your experience confirms it was a dud. Shame it kind of put me off it, and I ended up pursuing other delays.
Powerdwarf
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Re: OMFG i want an analog delay

Post by Powerdwarf »

the one i had was pretty much noiseless.
guitargyro
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:43 pm
Location: Cincinnati

Re: OMFG i want an analog delay

Post by guitargyro »

I guess they are now discontinued for some reason, but the Chase Bliss Tonal Recalls (red and blue knob) are both good analog delays. Out of curiosity I peaked and looks like their prices are not surprisingly starting to creep up on Reverb. Glad I got mine when I did.

Both have CV ability so are a good option for Eurorack if you have a interface pedal module.
ZenPunkHippy
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Re: OMFG i want an analog delay

Post by ZenPunkHippy »

CG Products 1022 ... short delay times, but nice v/oct tracking for KS synthesis.

https://www.cg-products.de/module/delay1022/
User avatar
GuyaGuy
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2453
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:49 am
Location: Brooklyn | NY | USA

Re: OMFG i want an analog delay

Post by GuyaGuy »

Kosmikos wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:12 pm
Powerdwarf wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:04 pm
Wavtekt wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:51 pm
Anyways, it is hard to get an analog delay without any of the issues mentioned above. You either embrace it, or stay away from it .

It's 2022 now, I wonder why no one was able to resolve these issues ...
Xaoc Sarajewo has eliminated bbd noise quite well tbh
Interesting, the one I received had clock noise on the long delay times, and pretty loud whining noise on shorter ones. Much worse than my PT delays (which have no discernible noise at short delay times).
I sent a video to Xaoc Devices and they said it was normal :hmm: .
But then I also found some other strange issues so I returned it. First Xaoc module I had with a problem to be fair (and I have bought a few).
It seems that your experience confirms it was a dud. Shame it kind of put me off it, and I ended up pursuing other delays.
I think it can also depend on how clean the power is and the proximity to sources of interference. Mine had some whine but is quiet now that it’s away from the PSU and digital modules.
User avatar
MindMachine
weekend warrior
Posts: 7627
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:45 am
Location: Santa Susana Field Lab
Contact:

Re: OMFG i want an analog delay

Post by MindMachine »

hypnoz wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:48 pm I mean why yellow though? Yuck
They are handsome modules. Very affordable and excellent sound wise and fill a certain corner very nicely.

Highly recommended.
hypnoz
Common Wiggler
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:22 am
Contact:

Re: OMFG i want an analog delay

Post by hypnoz »

MindMachine wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:04 pm
hypnoz wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:48 pm I mean why yellow though? Yuck
They are handsome modules. Very affordable and excellent sound wise and fill a certain corner very nicely.

Highly recommended.
You’re right. I just looked at some videos of it and it looks much better than the modulargrid pic
User avatar
Kosmikos
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 947
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:21 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: OMFG i want an analog delay

Post by Kosmikos »

hypnoz wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:58 pm
MindMachine wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:04 pm
hypnoz wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:48 pm I mean why yellow though? Yuck
They are handsome modules. Very affordable and excellent sound wise and fill a certain corner very nicely.

Highly recommended.
You’re right. I just looked at some videos of it and it looks much better than the modulargrid pic
I’ve just received my kit, still under wrap. But I can confirm it looks like a nice gold/brass effect. (Click pic for animation)
739B1258-3B71-4194-B766-47B00EA9BF38.gif
User avatar
Whatisvalis
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:54 pm

Re: OMFG i want an analog delay

Post by Whatisvalis »

1kip
Common Wiggler
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:37 am

Re: OMFG i want an analog delay

Post by 1kip »

Whatisvalis wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:17 am ADG-1 pedal.

https://www.ashevillemusictools.com/products/adg-1
+1 for this one who's made by the designer of the Moog MF-104M. I don't have it but have heard very good things about it.
hypnoz
Common Wiggler
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:22 am
Contact:

Re: OMFG i want an analog delay

Post by hypnoz »

Kosmikos wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:57 am
hypnoz wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:58 pm
MindMachine wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:04 pm
hypnoz wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:48 pm I mean why yellow though? Yuck
They are handsome modules. Very affordable and excellent sound wise and fill a certain corner very nicely.

Highly recommended.
You’re right. I just looked at some videos of it and it looks much better than the modulargrid pic
I’ve just received my kit, still under wrap. But I can confirm it looks like a nice gold/brass effect. (Click pic for animation)
739B1258-3B71-4194-B766-47B00EA9BF38.gif
I have to admit, I do like the sounds I’m hearing from this module… hmm…
User avatar
Peng33
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:25 pm

Re: OMFG i want an analog delay

Post by Peng33 »

https://feedback-modules.myshopify.com/ ... itap-delay

I have this thing. I think it is a good thing.
User avatar
Peng33
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:25 pm

Re: OMFG i want an analog delay

Post by Peng33 »

Kosmikos wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:57 am
hypnoz wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:58 pm
MindMachine wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:04 pm
hypnoz wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:48 pm I mean why yellow though? Yuck
They are handsome modules. Very affordable and excellent sound wise and fill a certain corner very nicely.

Highly recommended.
You’re right. I just looked at some videos of it and it looks much better than the modulargrid pic
I’ve just received my kit, still under wrap. But I can confirm it looks like a nice gold/brass effect. (Click pic for animation)
739B1258-3B71-4194-B766-47B00EA9BF38.gif
Haha. Oops. My post above seems to be a bit late.
User avatar
Kosmikos
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 947
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:21 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: OMFG i want an analog delay

Post by Kosmikos »

Peng33 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:41 pm Haha. Oops. My post above seems to be a bit late.
:lol:
At least you have provided everyone with the link to Feedback Modules. I was scouring eBay and Reverb for this thing, then realised it was simply in stock at their shop!
My order went very smoothly by the way, and they kindly answered all my questions. :tu:
Post Reply

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”