OMFG i want an analog delay

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

soundsubs
Common Wiggler

OMFG i want an analog delay

Post by soundsubs »

ok im tired of searching on ebay. me want one bad!
i got the tyme sefari. not it. i got the doepfer bbd. not it.
i see the malekko 600, but not sure when/if it will ever see the light of day in euro rack (optimal for me)

what are you using as a delay unit?
tonnu
Veteran Wiggler

Post by tonnu »

i also play guitar so i have a few pedals that i lurve.

the malekko e600d is one of em
the freakshowfx digilog is another
and the eventide pitchfactor is a utilitarian one, but it is quite versatile.
LDT
The Modu-Lars

Post by LDT »

The Asys RS390 is digital, but it ROCKS :sb:
(This one is featuring the RS390: http://soundcloud.com/terkelsen-machine/delaytheplague )
emergencyofstate
Synthesist

Post by emergencyofstate »

soundsubs wrote:ok im tired of searching on ebay. me want one bad!
i got the tyme sefari. not it. i got the doepfer bbd. not it.
i see the malekko 600, but not sure when/if it will ever see the light of day in euro rack (optimal for me)

what are you using as a delay unit?
Could you possibly explain why the tyme safari and doepfer weren't "it"?

I think it will be helpful because I'm investigating delays myself. :razz:
tragedybysyntax
Banned until Restitution Made

Post by tragedybysyntax »

Wow, thanks for that clip man! EVIL EVIL EVIL!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

That f'ng plague bearer and a delay is just a wicked combo... I have to look into that 390, how are the long delay times?
- [ Custom Metalwork ] -
tragedybysyntax

and... any idea what you had going on in this patch? This is an album track my friend..... so awesome! :headbang:
- [ Custom Metalwork ] -
goiks
Hardest Tryer

Post by goiks »

i really like my chandler digital stereo echo. and the pitchfactor. and the roland re-201. and the doepfer a-188-2. they're all good for different stuff.

i'm really looking forward to malekko's euro delay for a tempo-syncable analog delay (hopefully!). at least i've got some other stuff to tide me over.
soundsubs
Common Wiggler

Post by soundsubs »

tyme sefari and doepfer = "not it" because...

they're grrrreat for lofi sampling/string synthesis but not so great for typical echo/delay. dont get me wrong, im not going to sell them anytime soon, they just arent what i was looking for.
plus i would like it to be in the modular form. im sure you know what i mean.
ideally, i would like something that would delay nicely, feed back nicely, echo a bassline or whatever.
ive got:
aforementioned TS and BBD
ibanez dm1100
line6 echo pro
electro harmonix #1 echo
boss re-20 space echo emulator

i am definitely checking out the Asys now. thanks. anyone else?
Reptil
In space no one can hear you wiggle

Post by Reptil »

that Malekko delay is on my grocery list.
by the time I got some cash I hope there's a eurorack too???
now which one? bright or dark? (I like the warm sound of the dark)

:banana: at 6:22

LOL at the finger pointing in the videos!
(once you've noticed you can never go back!)

oh take a look at this:
:woah:
authorless
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by authorless »

i am quite fond of my doepfer a188-2. though the delay times aren't that long, and i do like its grittyness with longer delay times. i have found it is nice for grunging up sounds. if you want something with long delay times that sounds fairly clean you would have to go digital. what i have heard of the malekko e600d i like, nice dark analogue delay. if a delay has a way to insert effects in the feedback loop you can insert a filter and/or distortion to give it a bit more analogue warmth.
johnchantler
Wiggling with Experience

Post by johnchantler »

not euro, but the moog analog delay sounds like what you are after...

its great and really 'playable'.

J.
suboptimal
A Towering Mediocrity

Post by suboptimal »

Some additional reading in a non-Euro context here:

viewtopic.php?t=5418
sanders
Ultra Wiggler

Post by sanders »

I like tape delays best, by far, over any analog or digital echoes. You get the bandwidth and delay time of a digital, plus the warmth and presence of bbd.

Space Echos are the best sounding that I´ve used, but the Korg Stage Echo is also very good and has a CV input for delay time, trigger input for feedback-- so it fits in pretty well with modular.
chinard
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by chinard »

I have been having fuckloads of fun with my old memory man analog delay. Bought it cheap, and very very very circuit-bendable with vacrols for CV in's if you so choose.

I also have a TymeSefari+SOT. definitely not a viable delay module but great FSU and general chaos module.

I have heard the moog delay. It really delivers in sound and modular flexibility (lots of cv in's already) but the price tag is like :fu:
I just wish moog would stop with the stomp box format and give us a 3u or 5u option for this stuff already.

Of course we are all holding our breath for that Malekko 600 delay module.
:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:
LDT
The Modu-Lars

Post by LDT »

@Tragedybysyntax: This is from the original thread, where I was also asked what the f**k was going on:
Haha, I reset the system today, and you know my short terms memory is not getting better!
Anyway, some of it I can remember, though I doubt that it can be used for anything but perhaps inspiration. Then again, that is not so bad cool

Ok, four oscillators/lfos (different waveforms) are going into a 4-to-1 switch. The output goes to delay time cv in. Also to this input is a selfresonating filter that has one of the oscillators to the input and something else modulates it (I guess).
The switch is clocked by a sequencer (slowly) and the seq also modulates frequencies of oscillators and Plague filter. I think the plague is fed two of the oscs and then into the delay. It is a bit more complicated, but the further details you may consider lost in the mysterious and generous eternal mist of modular synthesis grin

Oh yes, one channel of the delay is feeding back into the Plague.
xpander
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by xpander »

tape delay, ftw. my 201 is one of my most essential tools, one of those pieces of gear that immediately exceeded my expectations.
newgreyarea
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by newgreyarea »

Something about tape!! It's the best delay I've ever used. Borrowed the Roland unit from a friend to help another friend out with some weird/dark remix work. I was in awe over it!!
-b
wwbjd
Wiggling with Experience

Post by wwbjd »

I have to agree with the RE-201 (or 501, etc). Once I got it, I usually ended up passing everything through it, all the time. Even with just the reverb.
transferpoint
butt-hole

Post by transferpoint »

we just ordered that moogerfooger delay pedal... looking forward to that
syncretism
Morbidly self-aware and liking it

Post by syncretism »

LDT wrote:The Asys RS390 is digital, but it ROCKS :sb:
(This one is featuring the RS390: http://soundcloud.com/terkelsen-machine/delaytheplague )
There's nice stuff in here; it's reminiscent of Bernard Parmegiani (and later Autechre, but that's practically the same thing).
tragedybysyntax

I have a re-201 myself! I agree that it's f'ng gorgeous! I use that, ehx deluxe memory man, tiptop z500 and the tyme sefari. So far... GREAT COMBO! My 201 wants to keep popping the tape loop off the rails after an hour or so.... gotta find a 201 technician here in the us to really go over this thing. the last guy i had work on this was a dumb motherfucker and I dont think he really fixed anything even though he charged me 80 bucks.
- [ Custom Metalwork ] -
tony d
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by tony d »

LDT wrote:The Asys RS390 is digital, but it ROCKS :sb:
Nice track man ! :hail:
jenamu6
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by jenamu6 »

I bought several low budget BBD delay's for about 30 euro a pice.

I really like those cheapass delay's.
My music streaming:

My youtube modular music movies:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... type=&aq=f
richard
bananaphile

Post by richard »

I have a pair of 8 second Vesta Kaza DiGi 420 delay samplers

mad 80s CV controlled bit cruncher delay crazyboxes including some breathhtakingly bad design decisions

its glichy and weird and sounds a lot nicer than the tyme sefari, and a damn sight more interesting than the moog (2 much vintage yawn factor for me)

I'm very curious about the ASys, I haven't heard any module from them that I didn't like

Richard
SepticUnderground
Zombi Wiggler

Post by SepticUnderground »

I know its not Analog, but its a lot less servicing also :P

I use 2 x Line6 Echo Pro modeller 19"s I have em since they were released orso, and I wouldnt know what to do when they die on me..problably buy a pod XT3 XXXL orsumthing like that then hehe

I use em always ( hard routed on aux 1 + aux 2 ) and the fact you gots so much vintage models in it , makes it sublime for me, i am very limited in studiospace, and with 1 19" rack you got 8 analog, 8 digital classix and a full blown Frippertronics looper!!!

I know it aint the same as a real EHX memory man , Multiplex or Meastro etc, but Hell it works for me :P, Fuly stereo in/out and midicontrollable btw.

That filterfactory by Line6 would be sumthing nice for the guitarist ppl here aswell. I got the Echo (2) Filter (1) and Mod Pro (1) aswell as 2 Line6 verbzillas those are really very very good for retro verbs :) Last time I got someeone in the studio and they woudnt believe the verb came from 125 euro pedals hehe..

To cut tru the cheese here....I would say try finding a Line6 Echo Pro, but thats difficult maybe, A DM4 is the same in floormodel, but with out the Midi, and the Echopark smallpedal, thats also nice, but small and a bit fragile...
http://soundcloud.com/septicstudio
FREE ALBUMS! http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/Septic_Underground

Stopped with becoming the biggest 5U slut in the world

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”