General new release complainers' thread

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Arrandan
Learning to Wiggle

Re: General new release complainers' thread

Post by Arrandan »

cbm wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:02 am I think the Eventide Misha could be interesting. It mentions tone row techniques, not 12-tone rows. The techniques used in serial music are vaguely related to some of the techniques used the composition of cannons. The picture of Misha shows it set to C Major, so I don't think that jettisoning traditional harmony is their goal.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with jettisoning traditional harmony, on the contrary. And I do think it might be an interesting module. But is this a complaining thread or what!??!?!! ;) Subscribed to your thread, btw :hihi:
Each day I publish a new track after a jam on my modular synth
YouTube - One Track Per Day
SoundCloud - One Track Per Day
harpooneer
Common Wiggler

Post by harpooneer »

KSS wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:48 pm Don't know if Matt feels the same about his own mispronounciation travails, but wouldn't be a surprise.
He does parody a few mispronunciations in a old Life in Hell strip.
NoGuitars
Common Wiggler

Post by NoGuitars »

I would like to complain about the fact that there is far less complaining going in in a “complainer's thread” then in many “new module threads”…

:youkids:
Black
Common Wiggler

re: General new release complainers' thread

Post by Black »

cbm wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:02 am I don't think we know enough about it to bash it at this point.
Don't get this. This is the complainers' thread – and the less I know, the easier is complaining, right?
Last edited by Black on Sat May 14, 2022 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlinkyLights
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BlinkyLights »

andrewF wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:33 am
plragde wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:15 pm
Richard deHove wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:14 pm - "Pizza" absolutely *is* the worst named module ever.
It's a pretty bad name, but my current vote is for Nonlinearcircuits "The Suppository of All Wisdom".
Thanks! I've been saving that module name for years, waiting for the design that fits it best. :tu:
It's a great name.
plragde
Wiggling with Experience

Post by plragde »

BlinkyLights wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:30 am
andrewF wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:33 am
Richard deHove wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:14 pm - "Pizza" absolutely *is* the worst named module ever.
It's a pretty bad name, but my current vote is for Nonlinearcircuits "The Suppository of All Wisdom".
Thanks! I've been saving that module name for years, waiting for the design that fits it best. :tu:
It's a great name.
In this context, that's actually a complaint.
cbm
Eardrill

Re: re: General new release complainers' thread

Post by cbm »

Black wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:26 am
cbm wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:02 am I don't think we know enough about it to bash it at this point.
Don't get this. This is the complainer' thread – and the less I know, the easier is complaining, right?
You’ve run rings around me, logically.
Chris Muir
Eardrill Archive - http://www.eardrill.com (on permanent vacation)
megarat
Ultra Wiggler

Post by megarat »

natureclubcassettes wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:48 pm why did Intellijel change their design aesthetic years ago? I hate the new font. They sent me a replacement uJack years ago (which was really nice of them), but it's the only one I have that isn't the v2 style and the font is so childish looking. It looks like it is smiling at me.
And Make Noise panels look like they're giving me the finger.
:ripbanana:
KSS
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by KSS »

cbm wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:51 pm
Don't get this. This is the complainer' thread – and the less I know, the easier is complaining, right?
Clouds your mind, does it? ;)
Treat utility modules as stars instead of backup singers.
Treat power supplies like Rockstars instead of roadies!
Chase magic sound, not magic parts.
cbm
Eardrill

Post by cbm »

KSS wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:47 pm
cbm wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:51 pm
Clouds your mind, does it? ;)
I see what you did there.
Has anyone tried Clouds into Rings? I bet it beads the standard Rings into Clouds.
Chris Muir
Eardrill Archive - http://www.eardrill.com (on permanent vacation)
KSS
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by KSS »

Nah, that would lead to complaits
DesolationBlvd
Common Wiggler

Post by DesolationBlvd »

The arbitrary numbers at the end of the names of Joranalogue modules, like Fold 6 or Generate 3, or the new Delay 1, only serve to confuse me. What's "1" about the Delay? What's "6" about the Fold when it's 4hp? I'm still considering the Fold 6.
Michael
Common Wiggler

Post by Michael »

I haven’t looked at Delay 1 but the numbers in Joranalogue module names generally have meaning (8-phase oscillator, 6-stage wavefolder etc.).

Wait… This was supposed to be a satirical reverse-complaint right? Damn, I fell for it. :)
DesolationBlvd wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:08 pm The arbitrary numbers at the end of the names of Joranalogue modules, like Fold 6 or Generate 3, or the new Delay 1, only serve to confuse me. What's "1" about the Delay? What's "6" about the Fold when it's 4hp? I'm still considering the Fold 6.
Last edited by Michael on Thu May 12, 2022 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeoDataMx
Common Wiggler

Post by NeoDataMx »

DesolationBlvd wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:08 pm The arbitrary numbers at the end of the names of Joranalogue modules, like Fold 6 or Generate 3, or the new Delay 1, only serve to confuse me. What's "1" about the Delay? What's "6" about the Fold when it's 4hp? I'm still considering the Fold 6.
They're not arbitrary though, they serve to note how many inputs/outputs/signals can be processed by the module. Fold 6 has 3 parameters that can then be patched into themselves again if I understand correctly so 3x2 is 6.
stepvhen
Wiggling with Experience

Post by stepvhen »

I wish the OP-1F was cheaper.

(But I don't care that much really)
new stuff: hard dregs & soft dregs
hard noise/power electronics, and more ambient synthy stuff
hard dregs I
soft dregs I
NeoDataMx
Common Wiggler

Post by NeoDataMx »

Michael wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:18 pm I haven’t looked at Delay 1 but the numbers in Joranalogue module names generally have meaning (8-phase oscillator, 6-stage wavefolder etc.).
ah beat me to it by 30 seconds and with a better explanation to boot, lol cheers :guinness:
far
Wiggling with Experience

Post by far »

Our Prime Minister at the time literally said this, I guess Andrew NLC figured it worthy of naming a module after.

"No one," said Abbott, "however smart, however well-educated, however experienced … is the suppository of all wisdom."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/ ... orld-stage
far
Wiggling with Experience

Post by far »

Arrgh double post. Lasted all this time without making the dreaded double. My complaint
Arrandan
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Arrandan »

Michael wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:18 pm I haven’t looked at Delay 1 but the numbers in Joranalogue module names generally have meaning (8-phase oscillator, 6-stage wavefolder etc.).

Wait… This was supposed to be a satirical reverse-complaint right? Damn, I fell for it. :)
I thought it was the number of attempts Joran made to make such a module before he thought it was OK? As in, v6.0?
Arrandan
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Arrandan »

stepvhen wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:19 pm I wish the OP-1F was cheaper.

(But I don't care that much really)
I think price should be related to size. Look at the new Oberheim! Of course it deserves to be $50K at least! The OP-1F? Ten pence, perhaps.
DesolationBlvd
Common Wiggler

Post by DesolationBlvd »

NeoDataMx wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:19 pm
They're not arbitrary though, they serve to note how many inputs/outputs/signals can be processed by the module. Fold 6 has 3 parameters that can then be patched into themselves again if I understand correctly so 3x2 is 6.
Thanks, today I learned. Yeah, I take back my complaint about being confused.
Jumbuktu
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jumbuktu »

far wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:27 pm
Our Prime Minister at the time literally said this, I guess Andrew NLC figured it worthy of naming a module after.

"No one," said Abbott, "however smart, however well-educated, however experienced … is the suppository of all wisdom."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/ ... orld-stage
For non-Australians, Tony Abbott was in the same political party as Peter Costello. A leadership double act was on the cards for a while.
ee_
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ee_ »

NeoDataMx wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:19 pm
That’s interesting. Never noticed/knew about this.
Black
Common Wiggler

Post by Black »

DesolationBlvd wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:08 pm The arbitrary numbers at the end of the names of Joranalogue modules, like Fold 6 or Generate 3, or the new Delay 1, only serve to confuse me.
Well, this is just the start. I am waiting for Fold 2000 and Delay 2000. As we know, this number means future.
Samuel Geai
Common Wiggler

Post by Samuel Geai »

Black wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:44 am
DesolationBlvd wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:08 pm The arbitrary numbers at the end of the names of Joranalogue modules, like Fold 6 or Generate 3, or the new Delay 1, only serve to confuse me.
Well, this is just the start. I am waiting for Fold 2000 and Delay 2000. As we know, this number means future.
A delay that repeats sounds before they even occur !?

(☉。☉)!

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”