General new release complainers' thread

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Buttons ARE toys
Veteran Wiggler

General new release complainers' thread

Post by Buttons ARE toys »

I thought this would be a useful addition to help keep threads covering new modules cleaner and more constructive.

Mad that a synth voice that would be entirely redundant in your massive case is ugly and want to shout about it?
Angry over semantics or some other completely irrelevant bit of information regarding a new release?
Do you think it's unacceptable for Company X to be releasing Module Y without Function Z in 2022?
Why the fuck does this mixer take up so much hp?!?!?!?

Then this is the place for you to ignore the alternatives that might better suit your needs and attack things you don't want for simply existing! I just can't wait until Superbooth is over so y'all can go back to complaining about how there are no new modules getting released.

:slapfight:

mods, feel free to sticky
Astronomical Dusk - a web radio show of synthetic delights and collected oddities. Airs semi-monthly at astronomical dusk.
xcc
Ultra Wiggler

Re: General new release complainers' thread

Post by xcc »

Even though I love the graphics on Make Noise modules, let me be the first to complain about them (just to get that out of the way).
budz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by budz »

:yay: :tu:

subscribed to thread *

* not really
Kawouddd
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kawouddd »

I sort of want an Erica Perkons but not enough to buy one with actual money. Could they also make it less teal? Thanks.
Samuel Geai
Common Wiggler

Post by Samuel Geai »

Pizza is not a serious name. I need boring named module. I'm a adult.
Jazzman
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Jazzman »

If you change your paradigm on what purpose complaining serves within human societal interaction, perhaps you will see it in a new light and be able to empathize with the person doing the complaining. Gossip also is one of our tools that serves a purpose. Some people complain about gossipers. To me its all just "elephant talk".

Quote from NYT article.

"Constantly complaining can be an easy way to frustrate our confidantes, but there is research that shows it can also be a useful tool in bonding and helping us process emotions like stress and frustration."
Stu B
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Stu B »

Jazzman wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:42 am If you change your paradigm on what purpose complaining serves within human societal interaction, perhaps you will see it in a new light and be able to empathize with the person doing the complaining. Gossip also is one of our tools that serves a purpose. Some people complain about gossipers. To me its all just "elephant talk".

Quote from NYT article.

"Constantly complaining can be an easy way to frustrate our confidantes, but there is research that shows it can also be a useful tool in bonding and helping us process emotions like stress and frustration."
Complaining and criticism is so much easier than creating. It’s narcissistic too.

Not surprising, the NYT doesn’t do journalism anymore, just opinions.
Jazzman
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Jazzman »

Stu B wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:50 am
Jazzman wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:42 am If you change your paradigm on what purpose complaining serves within human societal interaction, perhaps you will see it in a new light and be able to empathize with the person doing the complaining. Gossip also is one of our tools that serves a purpose. Some people complain about gossipers. To me its all just "elephant talk".

Quote from NYT article.

Complaining and criticism is so much easier than creating. It’s narcissistic too.

Complaining about an issue leads to creative solutions. So complaining is the first step of that creative process. Changing a paradigm isn't easy, but our brains can handle it. See; brain plasticity.
tdallas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by tdallas »

Kawouddd wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:37 am I sort of want an Erica Perkons but not enough to buy one with actual money.
Away with the money!
one_night_in_.jpg
one_night_in_.jpg (53.7 KiB) Viewed 1707 times

Regarding the topic. I don't know why, but I am not a big fan of these lately:
please_do_not_lose_your_haptic_resistance.jpg
please_do_not_lose_your_haptic_resistance.jpg (9.85 KiB) Viewed 1707 times
Michael
Common Wiggler

Post by Michael »

Stu B wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:50 amComplaining and criticism is so much easier than creating. It’s narcissistic too.
Well, only a small fraction of people are capable of creating. Also, a lot of creations are crap.
MossGarden
Veteran Wiggler

Post by MossGarden »

But why is your delay time so short? Can’t you add more BBD’s like the million other BBD’s out there? Stop being unconventional you innovative bastard!

:sarcasm:
Kawouddd
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kawouddd »

Is this a question
Stu B wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:50 am Complaining and criticism is so much easier than creating. It’s narcissistic too.
If that was a question then this is an answer
Buttons ARE toys
Veteran Wiggler

Jazzman wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:59 am
Complaining about an issue leads to creative solutions. So complaining is the first step of that creative process. Changing a paradigm isn't easy, but our brains can handle it. See; brain plasticity.
I'm talking about a particular kind of complaining which often has no solution. The sort you're talking about is valid criticism, which comes from a place of understanding and has a goal in mind.
Last edited by Buttons ARE toys on Wed May 11, 2022 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astronomical Dusk - a web radio show of synthetic delights and collected oddities. Airs semi-monthly at astronomical dusk.
diggida
Wiggling with Experience

Post by diggida »

Where’s the thread to complain about this thread?
Buttons ARE toys
Veteran Wiggler

diggida wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:33 pm Where’s the thread to complain about this thread?
I'd prefer complaints about this thread to be contained within the thread itself, or else we'll unleash an unstoppable chain reaction of complaint threads about complaint threads about complaint threads. Where do you stop it!?

:omg:
diggida
Wiggling with Experience

Post by diggida »

Buttons ARE toys wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:37 pm
diggida wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:33 pm Where’s the thread to complain about this thread?
I'd prefer complaints about this thread to be contained within the thread itself, or else we'll unleash an unstoppable chain reaction of complaint threads about complaint threads about complaint threads. Where do you stop it!?

:hihi:
ProggyBoog
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ProggyBoog »

"The directors of the firm hired to continue the credits after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked."
Aleksey
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Aleksey »

What's up with all the recent threads about complaining and sharing negativity? I mean it's okay to be negative & share but having multiple threads for this, is .. new.
Jazzman
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Jazzman »

Buttons ARE toys wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:30 pm
Jazzman wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:59 am
I'm talking about a particular kind of complaining which often has no solution. The sort you're talking about is valid criticism, which comes from a place of understanding and has a goal in mind.
case in point.

Moog or Behringer release a product that has a pastel or red panel. People come on to that products thread and complain about the color. Others come on the thread and complain that people are complaining about the colors of the panel.

Moog releases a black panel version and with B, a third party designs new skin panel choices.

So you have two types of complaining here. One type that leeds to a creative solution, the other is simply people complaining about other people complaining.

Which category does this thread fall under?
pugix
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by pugix »

Jazzman wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:42 am
Quote from NYT article.

"Constantly complaining...can also be a useful tool in bonding and helping us process emotions like stress and frustration."
Groaning is even more effective. :waah:
Richard
https://www.pugix.com

FS(US) Erica Pico System III, Qu-Bit Pulsar

"I confess that I'm scarcely using it, because I've got too many modules." -- ferran
target_destroyed
Veteran Wiggler

Post by target_destroyed »

ProggyBoog wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:40 pm

"The directors of the firm hired to continue the credits after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked."
A moose bit my sister once...
Agawell
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Agawell »

why are these new modules/cases so small???? ergonomics... argh!!!!
Modular Audio and Video Synthesis on Instagram

Utility modules are the inexpensive, dull polish that makes the expensive, shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

an oscillator is an oscillator - utilities are possibilities

choose the case to fit the modules - not the modules to fit the case!!!
Peng33
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Peng33 »

target_destroyed wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:03 pm A moose bit my sister once...
In the immortal words of Dr. Octagon, "...For any type of intestine surgery, rectal rebuilding, relocated saliva glands, and chimpanzee acne—and of course, moosebumps."
timoka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by timoka »

what is a delay?
"why should it be required to put a moderated decision in context...?" - a moderator
GuyaGuy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GuyaGuy »

Stu B wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:50 am

Quote from NYT article.

Is that criticism of the NYT just there to prove your point? :hihi:

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”