Announcing: Synthesizers.com Manufacturer Sub-Forum

Please check out the new sub-forum by following the link above. It is nice to have another manufacturer onboard and opening another direct communication line to potential and existing customers

Knobula Kickain

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..
cashfalcon
Learning to Wiggle

Knobula Kickain

Post by cashfalcon »

Just saw this recommended to me by the YouTube algorithm, looks pretty cool. I just checked their website and it looks like it's limited to a single 909 inspired kick sound which seems limiting, but maybe just my opinion. Would be cool to be able to load a bank of kick samples on a SD card.

https://www.knobula.com/kickain

fastlanestranger
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Knobula Kickain

Post by fastlanestranger »

Also curious about this module. The envelope and sidechain outputs of the SSF Entity Kick are possibly my favorite features on a module right now so I like these kick unit bonus features.
I also really like the design language they employ.
escargot
Common Wiggler

Post by escargot »

So how does it sound guys?
Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Multi Grooves »

Super quiet in here...

The module looks to be a semi setand forget/minimal affair in term of CVable inputs but I do love the colour scheme and the fact it offers something different re sending the whole mix through it. It'd be nice to get a more in-depth review.
...but Cynthia, my Daddy never had a heath kit..

F.s. (x2) FRAP Group, (x2) FRAP channels
noises
Common Wiggler

Post by noises »

I also thought it was interesting. Maybe it's the size and price point and limited sound selection? This module is using a Daisy so why limit it to one drum model (and just one voice)? It seems like a nice design overall, though I'd prefer a gray aluminum panel. I guess I would rather have a few cheaper/smaller voices instead and modulate them with more flexible fx/processing.
modtech
Common Wiggler

Post by modtech »

heads up - juno has these for 20% off right now which combined with the current exchange rate makes for a significant discount.
playersteve19
Learning to Wiggle

Post by playersteve19 »

I’m a bit confused by the reverb parameter. Does it only change the sound of the drum? Does it also add reverb to any incoming sounds?

I’d love for somebody who’s had a chance to get handsy with the module to weigh in, tell us what you think
“So here I sit upon untold wealth
Tryin' to figure which is worse:
How much do I need this gold?
And how much do I need this curse?”—Shel Silverstein

Current modules
Planned modules? Maybe?
YouTube
https://www.torn.com/2640316

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”