Superbooth 2022 - Discussion / Empty Wallets

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

scutch
Common Wiggler

Re: Superbooth 2022 - Discussion / Empty Wallets

Post by scutch »

Day 2, got to see some other things. The new 4ms modules are very nice. Someone mentioned double andore vibes from the dual shaped envelope vca but it's a different animal altogether. The new scm+ is really neat too. Spent a good amount of time talking with the joranalog folks at their desk, the new delay sounds great and the switch 8 "sequencer" is outstanding. So much functionality in there. The new shakmat vco and filter sound great, lots of great functionality built in too and their envelope generator is also very cool. Not adsr but lots of flexibility and three of them in the panel.

The serge euro panel is great, they had a euro tkb there with it today which def helped get more from it. I'd like to compare the precision vco with the already available euro nto but I'd imagine for anyone wanting serge who doesn't have the existing modules, this will be a really good entry point.

The new verbos poly envelope is really interesting, not sure how to describe it but the patch that mark and Tom made while I was there made the harmonic oscillator and delay sing really well together. Kinda cascading, tilting envelopes. Really nice.

The Pitts mod & cre8 beast is absolutely amazing, sounds so good. The next set of safari modules also sound really good and loads of ideas building for new stuff from Pitts mod over the next few months.

The eventide Misha was a lot of fun to play with, could see it being an amazing addition to a rig with 2+ oscillators
Last edited by scutch on Fri May 13, 2022 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper »

SOPiiAC wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:30 am
exper wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:10 am Still haven’t seen any videos of the 4MS modules, Klavis, and I really wanted to see more about the ALM mixer modules. I saw a pic but I can’t find it anymore. Also want to hear more about the Shakmat filter/lpg module. And a video of Ghost.
Here's 4MS stuff
https://youtu.be/LgpuFIlQ10c
Thanks for that. I completely forgot to check out sonic state's videos.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

FT/S US only: Palette 62, Traktor S2, FT Only: DIGITONE
skinpop
Common Wiggler

Post by skinpop »

scutch wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:10 pm Day 2, got to see some other things. The new 4ms modules are very nice. Someone mentioned double andore vibes from the dual shaped envelope vca but it's a different animal altogether. The new scm+ is really neat too. Spent a good amount of time talking with the joranalog folks at their desk, the new delay sounds great and the switch 8 "sequencer" is outstanding. So much functionality in there. The new shakmat vco and filter sound great, lots of great functionality built in too and their envelope generator is also very cool. Not adsr but lots of flexibility and three of them in the panel.

The serge euro panel is great, they had a euro tkb there with it today which def helped get more from it. I'd like to compare the precision vco with the already available euro nto but I'd imagine for anyone wanting serge who doesn't have the existing modules, this will be a really good entry point.

The new verbos poly envelope is really interesting, not sure how to describe it but the patch that mark and Tom made while I was there made the harmonic oscillator and delay sing really well together. Kinda cascading, tilting envelopes. Really nice.

The Pitts mod & cre8 beast is absolutely amazing, sounds so good. The next set of safari modules also sound really good and loads of ideas building for new stuff from Pitts mod over the next few months.

The eventide Misha was a lot of fun to play with, could see it being an amazing addition to a rig with 2+ oscillators
Thanks for reporting back to us. Any word on when Step 8 will be released?
blue noise
scutch
Common Wiggler

Post by scutch »

They said it's very close but no release date
cbm
Eardrill

Post by cbm »

DukeOfPrunes wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:06 am Being Canadian myself, I would like to know how I might be annoying.
It's good to have goals and aspirations.
Chris Muir
Eardrill Archive - http://www.eardrill.com (on permanent vacation)
Kosmikos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kosmikos »

exper wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:10 am Still haven’t seen any videos of the 4MS modules, Klavis, and I really wanted to see more about the ALM mixer modules. I saw a pic but I can’t find it anymore. Also want to hear more about the Shakmat filter/lpg module. And a video of Ghost.
Here's 4MS stuff
That function generator/VCA module looks interesting, but why so many tall trimmers on such a large surface... :cry:
m03
Common Wiggler

Post by m03 »

Is the new Buchla Music Easel that was shown last year on display, or any updates on when they'll start shipping?
Sidiblue
Common Wiggler

Post by Sidiblue »

m03 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:19 pm Is the new Buchla Music Easel that was shown last year on display, or any updates on when they'll start shipping?
No there was only The New Easel Program card Manager card with a 208c. This is what I read on fb.
Agrostini
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Agrostini »

SunSpots wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:15 am *non-committed buyer response incoming*

SOMA's new instrument demo sounded great. I'd likely never buy it, but it seems like a cool instrument to put on your lap and play impromtu for your household. kinda same reason i would want a hang-drum

Black Mantis +++ finally! Probably my next case

Huang all-in-one FX unit - very cool - i'm a hard sell on FX units. let's be real. Ever since I got the ES-9 I kinda have all the FX I could ever imagine needing in the PC... but yeah... for a small case it's a neat idea probably. I'm not a small case dude -yet. I'm still more of a "give me sonic sound-painting options to make fresh sounds, sample them, then use some other device to actually play music dude". ps: community toxicity = bad vibes. take a sedative, go do something else.

Polyend Play - umm... yeah I'm super fanboi for Polyend. the MPC one and I haven't been talking for awhile, so I am thinking i'll sell it off and get this for all those samples i make with the modular. I think Piotr (sp?) is really learning what his market wants. It looked way more fleshed out than his other devices, but i need to see more. i really need to see more, because as much of a fanboi, I am, I'm also weary of ... let's say unfinished ideas from Polyend.

Euro Buchla, Euro serge... yes please. both. I'd like a system of both. I mean hell why not just fill my wall up with more 1 manufacturer systems!

sad note... i missed the last natural gate release. someone comfort me. rabid elephants email filter now installed so it never gets promo folderd again.
Wait what?? The mantis now comes in black? That’s awesome!
andrewhuang
Common Wiggler

Post by andrewhuang »

If GHOST isn't for you, don't worry, I've got 3 more modules coming out over the next year! Alright, lots of love, bye now!
ProggyBoog
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ProggyBoog »

andrewhuang wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:23 pm If GHOST isn't for you, don't worry, I've got 3 more modules coming out over the next year! Alright, lots of love, bye now!
:goo: :goo: :goo: :sb: :sb:
DukeOfPrunes
Wiggling with Experience

Post by DukeOfPrunes »

andrewhuang wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:23 pm If GHOST isn't for you, don't worry, I've got 3 more modules coming out over the next year! Alright, lots of love, bye now!
Don't be too friendly now, it's annoying! :)

Can't wait to see all the new modules coming out!
tdallas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by tdallas »

Agrostini wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:20 pm Wait what?? The mantis now comes in black? That’s awesome!
Yes. Black Mantis plus new black panels.
viewtopic.php?p=3754194#p3754194
dooj88
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dooj88 »

exper wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:14 pm
Here's 4MS stuff
lots of love for andrew. "ew influencer bad" stuff is weird. he's passionate about what he does and the production value is top notch. excited to see what else in the pipeline, he knows his synthesis so i'm curious to see what he considers 'missing' in the market.

loving the 4ms stuff! great to see new iterations on staples we all need. PEG is an amazing module, cool they miniaturized it, though i'd be missng the extra trigger outs, those can make some really interesting rhythms. also @4ms WUSSAT?!??!?!
wussat.JPG
MossGarden
Veteran Wiggler

Post by MossGarden »

dooj88 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:12 pm
exper wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:14 pm

Here's 4MS stuff
lots of love for andrew. "ew influencer bad" stuff is weird. he's passionate about what he does and the production value is top notch. excited to see what else in the pipeline, he knows his synthesis so i'm curious to see what he considers 'missing' in the market.

loving the 4ms stuff! great to see new iterations on staples we all need. PEG is an amazing module, cool they miniaturized it, though i'd be missng the extra trigger outs, those can make some really interesting rhythms. also @4ms WUSSAT?!??!?!

wussat.JPG
Is that a 4ms Sequencer????
kesserich
Common Wiggler

Post by kesserich »

dooj88 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:12 pm
For the influencer thing to work, the consumers actually has to respect the brand ambassador. Otherwise it just comes off as cheesy. When Paris Hilton tells me to buy dog food, it just pushes me away.

I'm sure Andrew is a lovely person but i just don't respect his musical output at all. It's very paint by number. Divkid, on the other hand, comes off as much more sincere to me. He clearly has a deep knowledge of synthesis and can crank out an basslines with the best of them. Similarly, Richard Devine is technically brilliant even if his compositions are not to everyone's aesthetic.
DeltaTucanae
Common Wiggler

Re: Superbooth 2022 - Discussion / Empty Wallets (special guest: Andrew Huang)

Post by DeltaTucanae »

Don't a lot of 4ms modules have pins for a 'screen' expander? I know the EnOsc does, maybe it could be related to that
Michael
Common Wiggler

Post by Michael »

Well, that’s another name I hadn’t known before. Interesting. I have thing for logic modules.
stripou wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:35 am 780D4A64-97FA-4A00-B0F0-666F2A2C21F9.jpeg
stripou wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:14 am The schreibmaschine stand with their weird logic modules was my favorite one.
ee_
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ee_ »

Is the new 4ms just the mini PEG or is there more?

I think there’s a new STS firmware due soon too … unless that already happened.
Dragonaut
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dragonaut »

ProggyBoog wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:25 pm
:goo: :goo: :goo: :sb: :sb:
Kind of a legend tbh
fastlanestranger
Wiggling with Experience

Post by fastlanestranger »

Dragonaut wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:03 am I think there’s a pretty big difference between boycotting Behringer and Andrew Huang but maybe I’m not reading enough into it. As far as vain, self involved youtubers go Andrew Huang seems pretty benign to me. He can be a little annoying and annoyingly Canadian but other than that he seems like a pretty standup dude.
I think he seems like a sweetheart. Kindness is wonderful. I could employ more of it.
ProggyBoog
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ProggyBoog »

ee_ wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:15 pm Is the new 4ms just the mini PEG or is there more?
There's 5 new modules in total: https://4mscompany.com/envvca_preview.php
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper »

So, I found one of the other ALM modules:

Mega Milton. Looks like it adds slew, stereo input from a trs cable, noise and s&h.

Still can't find the mixer I briefly saw somewhere. I think it had panning and sends per channel...

______________________________________________________________________________________________

FT/S US only: Palette 62, Traktor S2, FT Only: DIGITONE
Rudloe
Common Wiggler

Post by Rudloe »

richc90 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:13 pm Let's face it, they missed a trick not putting a "Like" button on the module.
lol
Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler »

Switchzik wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:00 am Please keep the AH discussion away from this topic ...

Back to SB22, looks like the RS serge ResEQ with CV is also coming to eurorack (seen on Instagram) :goo:
Not anytime soon but they are considering it. I personally asked the question today. It might happen but it'll take time.
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”