Superbooth 2022 - Discussion / Empty Wallets

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Val
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Superbooth 2022 - Discussion / Empty Wallets

Post by Val »

Fine, to ease your minds heres some pictures of the new random*source eurorack Serge panel

Nice selection of the best modules : P VCO, DUSG, VCM, SSG, MIX Noise, VCFQ, X Fader, Orpheus (power / output module)
The PVCO will be available standalone, but yeah there's no confirmation on the VC Res EQ?
Attachments
IMG_0453.jpg
IMG_0454.jpg
WTB: DIY kits (panel+pcb): NTO, DUSG, TWS+

check out my rac
RonDMC
Learning to Wiggle

Post by RonDMC »

Does go well with empty wallet
download/file.php?mode=view&id=117740s..
Attachments
IMG_20220513_131024c.jpg
bc3
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bc3 »

DukeOfPrunes wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:06 am
Dragonaut wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:03 am I think there’s a pretty big difference between boycotting Behringer and Andrew Huang but maybe I’m not reading enough into it. As far as vain, self involved youtubers go Andrew Huang seems pretty benign to me. He can be a little annoying and annoyingly Canadian but other than that he seems like a pretty standup dude.
What do you mean by "annoyingly Canadian"? Being Canadian myself, I would like to know how I might be annoying.
This is getting good, I'm going to go grab the popcorn! :party:
MossGarden
Veteran Wiggler

Post by MossGarden »

And here I was hoping we'd go a full page without off topic gatekeeping. It took two posts.

Tiresome
xcc
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by xcc »

MossGarden wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:14 am And here I was hoping we'd go a full page without off topic gatekeeping. It took two posts.

Tiresome
I’ve learned to avoid text in this thread unless there’s a picture next to it. Makes it bearable.
OlivierWah
Wiggling with Experience

Post by OlivierWah »

OlivierWah
Wiggling with Experience

Post by OlivierWah »

Wow !
BlinkyLights
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BlinkyLights »

DukeOfPrunes wrote:What do you mean by "annoyingly Canadian"? Being Canadian myself, I would like to know how I might be annoying.
It's the hockey, the poutine, and the friendliness.

But mostly the friendliness.
Kosmikos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kosmikos »

closedLoop wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:56 am
Kosmikos wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:44 am
That looks like a really cool matrix mixer, and will probably end up emptying my wallet (and bank account). :hyper:
It does look great.

Judging by the graphics, it looks like the those are attenuverters? Any idea what the "/" and "\" outputs might be?
I guess it is the S Curve controls. Probably similar to exponential attenuation, but using S curve instead of exp/log. It seems similar in idea to this:
https://www.audiokinetic.com/library/20 ... properties
DukeOfPrunes
Wiggling with Experience

Post by DukeOfPrunes »

BlinkyLights wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:37 am
DukeOfPrunes wrote:What do you mean by "annoyingly Canadian"? Being Canadian myself, I would like to know how I might be annoying.
It's the hockey, the poutine, and the friendliness.

But mostly the friendliness.
I really dig poutine..., my arteries not so much, eh!

OT, that new Verbos Polyphonic Envelopes is very intriguing and looking for my wallet. Anxious to see it patched up!
Last edited by DukeOfPrunes on Fri May 13, 2022 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonaut
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dragonaut »

Dragonaut wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:03 am I think there’s a pretty big difference between boycotting Behringer and Andrew Huang but maybe I’m not reading enough into it. As far as vain, self involved youtubers go Andrew Huang seems pretty benign to me. He can be a little annoying and annoyingly Canadian but other than that he seems like a pretty standup dude.
What do you mean by "annoyingly Canadian"? Being Canadian myself, I would like to know how I might be annoying.
Canadians can sometimes seem unrealistically altruistic and convivial to their thorny American counterparts. Since life is pain all that positivity can be annoying.
Arrandan
Common Wiggler

Post by Arrandan »

Kosmikos wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:44 am Requoting this, since it got lost in between the OUT OF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS. :evil:

That looks like a really cool matrix mixer, and will probably end up emptying my wallet (and bank account). :hyper:
Since I'm very interested in matrix mixers, but far less so in Instagram, care to share a photo?
Each day I publish a new track after a jam on my modular synth
YouTube - One Track Per Day
SoundCloud - One Track Per Day
DukeOfPrunes
Wiggling with Experience

Post by DukeOfPrunes »

Dragonaut wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:54 am
Canadians can sometimes seem unrealistically altruistic and convivial to their thorny American counterparts. Since life is pain all that positivity can be annoying.
Thanks. Yes, I find that annoying as well. I just really dig poutine; I have amazing well crafted recipes over the years.

BOT, did I mention, I'm really anxious to hear the new Verbos Polyphonic Envelopes in action?
Last edited by DukeOfPrunes on Fri May 13, 2022 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nutritional Zero
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Nutritional Zero »

THAT! That’s it! If you could bottle “obsequiously ‘just asking questions’ about some perceived minor social harm” you’d have the next great Canadian craft beer. “Forest of Tears” I’ll call it.

(Canadian, btw.)
ee_
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ee_ »

Kosmikos wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:44 am
MossGarden wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:14 am
Requoting this, since it got lost in between the OUT OF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS. :evil:

How do people like the Anima? Always been intrigued by it. Seems like an EG somewhere between a Maths and a PEG, though I’ve never quite felt like it brings enough to the table for me to bite on the higher price. Looks rad though, would love to try the new one.
DukeOfPrunes
Wiggling with Experience

Post by DukeOfPrunes »

Nutritional Zero wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:03 am
THAT! That’s it! If you could bottle “obsequiously ‘just asking questions’ about some perceived minor social harm” you’d have the next great Canadian craft beer. “Forest of Tears” I’ll call it.

(Canadian, btw.)
Forgot to mention, I really dig beer as well, "obsequiously" (new word for Frenchy!) crafted or not...

BOT, that vc res equalizer demo by Hainbach is making me really antsy. Wish the price tag wasn't so hard to absorb.
klstay
Ultra Wiggler

Post by klstay »

Still waiting for Joranalogue news; anyone seen or have anything yet?

I have seen a few interesting things, but nothing that will pry open my wallet yet. Timing was terrible for me this year though. Once my number comes up for a SIG I am under a self imposed "lockdown" with the system. (Very happy with all the current modules and need to build up experience/muscle memory with a number of them)

As regards influencers/reviewers I would like to ALWAYS see a disclaimer right at the start clearly stating EXACTLY and SPECIFICALLY what (if anything) they are getting from the manufacturer. The phrase "thanks to so and so for sponsoring this video" is NOT enough IMHO.
BlinkyLights
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BlinkyLights »

Plus there's that whole Clamato and Beer thing...

Dudes.
Val
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Val »

Anima is more like a PEG than a Maths, as at its core it isn't a slew. "just" A really specific envelope generator. It's a different, more "controlled" approach than PEG. With PEG you can control a few parameters with one knob. With anima you can control each section separatly.
Don't worry, Maths is still king of modules

also i've realized that there will be no news from mannequins, guess we'll still have to pay complex oscillator price range for a mangrove?
WTB: DIY kits (panel+pcb): NTO, DUSG, TWS+

check out my rac
qwertyuiop
Learning to Wiggle

Post by qwertyuiop »

Val wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:23 am also i've realized that there will be no news from mannequins, guess we'll still have to pay complex oscillator price range for a mangrove?
Mangroves are expected in September.
renaissancemono
Learning to Wiggle

Post by renaissancemono »

klstay wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:20 am Still waiting for Joranalogue news; anyone seen or have anything yet?
Is there supposed to be some more Joranalogue news beyond the new Delay and Pivot modules that have already been posted on this thread?
oder
Learning to Wiggle

Post by oder »

OlivierWah wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:31 am Wow !
klstay
Ultra Wiggler

Post by klstay »

Val wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:23 am Don't worry, Maths is still king of modules
Maths has not been the king since the day Falistri shipped. That, or if you really have the space and coin, a pair of Contour 1 + Select 2 + Compare 2. For Joran news was hoping for an update/demo on the Step 8.
DukeOfPrunes
Wiggling with Experience

Post by DukeOfPrunes »

BlinkyLights wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:23 am Plus there's that whole Clamato and Beer thing...

Dudes.
Lost me at Clamato...
Stice
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Stice »

ee_ wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:06 am
How do people like the Anima? Always been intrigued by it. Seems like an EG somewhere between a Maths and a PEG, though I’ve never quite felt like it brings enough to the table for me to bite on the higher price. Looks rad though, would love to try the new one.
I really like Anima. I love knobs for rise/fall, much better than sliders. Voltage control over shape is great. Sounds good as an oscillator. Mostly I like that’s it’s got plenty of room and is a pleasure to use. The new version looks like a good upgrade, though not enough for me to switch out mine. As noted above, it doesn’t slew, which is an important distinction.

Plus it looks really cool :)
Turn on. Plug in. Slew down.

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”