Animal Factory Amplification

New Hosted Sub-Forum. Check it out here:
Not exactly a new manufacturer but new to us. Check out their pedal and eurorack product and extend them a welcome all the way to Mumbai!

Sputnik Variable Waveform Generator

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, Kent, Joe., luketeaford

analogPedagog
Steady State Fate

Re: Sputnik Variable Waveform Generator

Post by analogPedagog »

clusterchord wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:36 pm will these be coming to Schneider's, like Spectral Processor did ?
Yes, I sent some to them a couple of weeks ago.
tdallas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by tdallas »

clusterchord wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:36 pm will these be coming to Schneider's, like Spectral Processor did ?
It is available at the moment ;-) -> https://schneidersladen.de/en/sputnik-m ... erator-vwg
Waldemar

Post by Waldemar »

tdallas wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:49 am
It is available at the moment ;-) -> https://schneidersladen.de/en/sputnik-m ... erator-vwg
Also here:
https://www.signalsounds.com/sputnik-mo ... tor-module
clusterchord
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by clusterchord »

tdallas wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:49 am
:tu:

Explorer 5117 · Space Case 2022 · System 100 · SH101 · SH2 · SEM · mini · Wave 2 · OB-Xa · Prophet 5 · etc

WTB: Tokyo Gate · Kotelnikov · Rene2 · Bionic Lester mk1 · CMS 1047 · Catalyst/RedPanel 158
Cybananna
Funniest Guy

Post by Cybananna »

This thing sounds great as an oscillator. CVing the sliders really make some nice sounds. I’m loving it as an LFO too. Have been modulating a Piston Honda 2
Noisteria Emission at Bandcamp

WTB: circuit abbey ccbo
MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine »

Running into (in cases via mults) the DOEPFER A-135-1 VC MIXER and DOEPFER A-138M MATRIX MIXER for drone action to start things off. Using quad lfo's and sequencers to modulate the channels of SVWG and A-135-1 and a keyboard or Seq. for the pitch of the SVWG.

Nothing complex patched, but it sounds really nice.

Worth the price and HP (to be determined I suppose). Love the layout and function.
MvK
Veteran Wiggler

Post by MvK »

I'd be interested in the self patching capabilities. All the CV-ins have attenuators so it should be nice. For example sub out into sine fold. or sine out into saw animate, and then play with the attenuators and faders. I ask because I play live and that makes me look for modules that can have lots of variation without adding too much other modules to safe space.
vasculator
Ultra Wiggler

Post by vasculator »

MvK wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:39 am I'd be interested in the self patching capabilities. All the CV-ins have attenuators so it should be nice. For example sub out into sine fold. or sine out into saw animate, and then play with the attenuators and faders. I ask because I play live and that makes me look for modules that can have lots of variation without adding too much other modules to safe space.
i'm enjoying it a lot for these exact reasons/use case. it has so far survived my urge to swap it out for the piston mk3 in the live rig. this module sounds so good to me.
SysEx Dumpster podcast - modular, gear, and other garbage
wrngtrls
Wiggling with Experience

Post by wrngtrls »

The audio rates of this module are really interesting, or how high you can turn the knobs relative to the sounds you can hear. This patch was created in LFO mode with the tuning up to audio rates:

Another way to get interesting sounds is to modulate the waveform in audio-mode, then tune the oscillator to high frequencies above the audio range. You end up hearing a weird version of whatever signal is the modulator. It's a self-patching beast.
wrngtrls
Wiggling with Experience

Post by wrngtrls »

This is a patch messing around with Sputnik Modular’s Exponential Frequency Modulation using Moog Subharmonicon’s Polyrhythmic Sequencer to create a octave shifting melody. The cello-like timbres are made from VWG’s folding asymmetrical sine and Frap Tools’ Fumana. The plucks are coming from Cosmotronic Delta-V and Messor heard popping out of a 1949 tube radio. Reverb by Vongon:

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine »

wrngtrls wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:52 am The audio rates of this module are really interesting, or how high you can turn the knobs relative to the sounds you can hear. This patch was created in LFO mode with the tuning up to audio rates:

Another way to get interesting sounds is to modulate the waveform in audio-mode, then tune the oscillator to high frequencies above the audio range. You end up hearing a weird version of whatever signal is the modulator. It's a self-patching beast.
That sounds like David Tudor 'Pulsers'. You rule.

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”