Announcing: Synthesizers.com Manufacturer Sub-Forum

Please check out the new sub-forum by following the link above. It is nice to have another manufacturer onboard and opening another direct communication line to potential and existing customers

Your experience with Thonk Trimmer Toppers for tightly spaced tiny knobs.

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..
Dadodetres
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Your experience with Thonk Trimmer Toppers for tightly spaced tiny knobs.

Post by Dadodetres »

skysaw wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:37 am
Dadodetres wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:30 am For installation is just "push them in" ?
Yup :party:
Nice thanks
miminashi
Wiggling with Experience

Post by miminashi »

I put together some Electrosmith 3340 VCOs a while back because they were cheap, but I haven't used them much because I found them to be a bit of an ergonomic disaster. The knobs and jacks are way too closely spaced, and the tune knob spans the whole range so it's hard to adjust and easy to inadvertently knock out of tuning.

The pots are your typical metal D-shaft affairs, but I decided to try putting a topper on one of them and, voilà, it works like a charm. Much easier to tune and much harder to knock out of tune. You need to line up the indicator by eye but it's not too bad. I'm not a fan of these Mutable-style knobs, anyway, so for me it's a win-win-win.

3340-toppers.jpg
cbm
Eardrill

Post by cbm »

I like them on my Frap Tools SCs, fwiw:
Chris Muir
Eardrill Archive - http://www.eardrill.com (on permanent vacation)
Eurorack System - https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/2014830
lowkeyluce
Common Wiggler

Post by lowkeyluce »

I have them on pretty much all of my trimmer pots, definitely make things easier to adjust especially when lots of cables are plugged in
ee_
Ultra Wiggler

Post by ee_ »

I have some that I use on my Instruos and ADDACs, and still have some on my Cosmix that's up for trade. They're lovely and do what they're supposed to. I bought mine direct and the shipping wasn't that unreasonable nor did it take a super long time to get them. Recommended.
SingleCell
Wiggling with Experience

Post by SingleCell »

I wish mini trim pots were not even a thing... but since they are, these knob toppers are.... tops.

I use them on any trimmer that is not set-and-forget. Very satisfied with them. I would be gentle putting them on, and especially taking them off. They can fit very tight on some and I don't trust those cheap ass trim pots to not just fall apart.

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”