New Vector synthesis module from RYK Modular

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..
Post Reply
13moons
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:22 am

Re: New Vector synthesis module from RYK Modular

Post by 13moons »

ryk wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:17 am
13moons wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:10 pm
ryk wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:07 am
we'll put this onto the list for the next firmware

ryk

My vector arrives Monday! Thank you for making yourself available here. Communication is what it’s all about. :)

Do you have a rough estimate as to when the next firmware will be released ?

Thanks again for taking the time.
Hi

Thanks for purchasing our module !

We are finalising the nect firmware at the moment.
Appologies it is taking longer than expected - the next batch of Vector Wave modules uses a different
chipset so we having to make two versions of the firnware.

Hopefully we can get a beta version out in the next week or so . . .

ryk



Thanks for the reply.

I love the module. It’s really fantastic. Unfortunately, I was unable to find the expansion available and forgot to ask…. Do you have an eta on expansion modules or build kits for it ?
User avatar
ryk
Common Wiggler
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 3:13 pm
Contact:

Re: New Vector synthesis module from RYK Modular

Post by ryk »

13moons wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:43 am

Thanks for the reply.

I love the module. It’s really fantastic. Unfortunately, I was unable to find the expansion available and forgot to ask…. Do you have an eta on expansion modules or build kits for it ?

Expander modules will be back on our webshop this week !
...................................................
https://rykmodular.bigcartel.com/products
https://instagram.com/ryk_modular/
User avatar
Thedoge
Common Wiggler
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:02 pm

Re: New Vector synthesis module from RYK Modular

Post by Thedoge »

ryk wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:28 am
13moons wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:43 am

Thanks for the reply.

I love the module. It’s really fantastic. Unfortunately, I was unable to find the expansion available and forgot to ask…. Do you have an eta on expansion modules or build kits for it ?

Expander modules will be back on our webshop this week !
I loged to modwiggler just to find this, just in time!
I guess then that around the next week the expander should be delivered to the local distributors?
13moons
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:22 am

Re: New Vector synthesis module from RYK Modular

Post by 13moons »

Thedoge wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:01 pm
ryk wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:28 am
13moons wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:43 am

Thanks for the reply.

I love the module. It’s really fantastic. Unfortunately, I was unable to find the expansion available and forgot to ask…. Do you have an eta on expansion modules or build kits for it ?

Expander modules will be back on our webshop this week !
I loged to modwiggler just to find this, just in time!
I guess then that around the next week the expander should be delivered to the local distributors?
That is fantastic news !!! Woot.


Edit - I just purchased one off the site ! Thank you for the heads up. You just made my day.

WOOooo-Hooooo
13moons
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:22 am

Re: New Vector synthesis module from RYK Modular

Post by 13moons »

ryk wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:23 am

hi

yes ! the next firmware update addresses this issue.

apologies for the mangled sound, we are working hard to get all the other tweaks ready soon

ryk

Is there a way to see what firmware version is currently on the module ?

Also, is there anywhere that shows what chords are represented by the numbers 1-14 ?

I was unable to find the answers to these questions in the manual.
User avatar
ryk
Common Wiggler
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 3:13 pm
Contact:

Re: New Vector synthesis module from RYK Modular

Post by ryk »

13moons wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:22 am
Is there a way to see what firmware version is currently on the module ?

Also, is there anywhere that shows what chords are represented by the numbers 1-14 ?

I was unable to find the answers to these questions in the manual.

Hi

Yes, if you hold the Grey and RHS Blue buttons whilst powering up, after the screen test
the module inidicates the currently installed firmware.
It then enters the calibration menu, please power off unless you need to use the calibration menu.

Here is a list of the chords in the chord menu
1 - maj
2 - min
3 - dim
4 - aug
5 - dom7
6 - maj7
7 - min7
8 - maj6
9 - min6
10 - maj7 #5
11 - maj7 b5
12 - maj7 b3
13 - min7 #5
14 - dom7 sus4

ryk
...................................................
https://rykmodular.bigcartel.com/products
https://instagram.com/ryk_modular/
13moons
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:22 am

Re: New Vector synthesis module from RYK Modular

Post by 13moons »

ryk wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:04 pm
13moons wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:22 am
Is there a way to see what firmware version is currently on the module ?

Also, is there anywhere that shows what chords are represented by the numbers 1-14 ?

I was unable to find the answers to these questions in the manual.

Hi

Yes, if you hold the Grey and RHS Blue buttons whilst powering up, after the screen test
the module inidicates the currently installed firmware.
It then enters the calibration menu, please power off unless you need to use the calibration menu.

Here is a list of the chords in the chord menu
1 - maj
2 - min
3 - dim
4 - aug
5 - dom7
6 - maj7
7 - min7
8 - maj6
9 - min6
10 - maj7 #5
11 - maj7 b5
12 - maj7 b3
13 - min7 #5
14 - dom7 sus4

ryk
Thank you very much for all of the help. It makes having a fantastic module even better when the folks behind it are helpful and responsive ! Keep up the great works :)
ModHiisi
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 6:30 am
Location: HELsinki
Contact:

Re: New Vector synthesis module from RYK Modular

Post by ModHiisi »

Kent wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:42 pm Can the scaling be calibrated to 1.2V/Oct?
Did you end up trying that out..?
Sonic pollution for psychic hygiene
User avatar
Kent
Curator/Janitor/Zookeeper
Posts: 13742
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:17 am
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

Re: New Vector synthesis module from RYK Modular

Post by Kent »

ModHiisi wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:31 am
Kent wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:42 pm Can the scaling be calibrated to 1.2V/Oct?
Did you end up trying that out..?
No. I'm on a buying freeze for a bit.
ModHiisi
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 6:30 am
Location: HELsinki
Contact:

Re: New Vector synthesis module from RYK Modular

Post by ModHiisi »

Kent wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:29 pm
ModHiisi wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:31 am
Kent wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:42 pm Can the scaling be calibrated to 1.2V/Oct?
Did you end up trying that out..?
No. I'm on a buying freeze for a bit.
Ah, Ok. I understand... I'm not going to buy anything for awhile either (after getting a small euro interface skiff. Of which the soon to come Vector Wave will be a part of, as I've been on the lookout for something like that).

I also have to get rid of some gear...
Sonic pollution for psychic hygiene
Post Reply

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”