New Vector synthesis module from RYK Modular

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford

BLogic12
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: New Vector synthesis module from RYK Modular

Post by BLogic12 »

daphnid wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:41 pm Wait does this thing only do multi timbrality via midi? I was hoping to use it as a little 4 channel drum module with Varigate.
You can use the expander for it too.
boom blip
Wiggling with Experience

Post by boom blip »

In multi mode the CV expander inputs aren't working on cv inputs c and d, anyone have any clue why that may be happening? Some setting I might be missing?

edit: re-ran the calibration procedure and everything works perfectly now.
Last edited by boom blip on Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fastlanestranger
Veteran Wiggler

Post by fastlanestranger »

daphnid wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:41 pm Wait does this thing only do multi timbrality via midi? I was hoping to use it as a little 4 channel drum module with Varigate.
I believe that if you have the expander you can do multitembrality with CV, as each oscillator bank get its own V/oct and gate input.
mome rath
a dubious cube of margarine

Post by mome rath »

Umcorps wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:33 am
ryk wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:20 am
The amount of mod slots has been mentioned by other users, and we have a beta firmware update to add more mod slots, in theory 8 mono / 6 poly is possible . . .
Hopefully we can realease this soon
Lovely!

4 slots in poly mode makes things pretty tight.

Been playing with multitimbral midi mode. Which works really well for me.

THIS IS RAD
stripou wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:42 am Also can we stop with the passive mult jokes pls my moms a passive mult.
boom blip
Wiggling with Experience

Post by boom blip »

ryk wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:20 am
shellfritsch wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:44 pm
really having fun with this. loving the sound.

i also experienced the joystick getting stuck in the A position at first - seems to be doing it less now.

i'm wondering if it'll be possible to have more than 4 modulation slots at some point?

for example: slot 1 is used to apply env 2 to harmonics as part of the basic fm patch. slot 2 is used to apply velocity from my midi keyboard to a timbral shift. if i use the joystick to control two other parameters (in poly mode) i now have 4 modulation inputs on the panel that are unavailable... not to mention the LFOs...

perhaps (i hope!) i'm missing something, but it seems a bit limiting with so many sources and destinations available...
Thanks for purchasing the module, and thanks for posting the great video !

The amount of mod slots has been mentioned by other users, and we have a beta firmware update to add more mod slots, in theory 8 mono / 6 poly is possible . . .
Hopefully we can realease this soon

ryk
What about more envelopes as well or instead? Could be nice to be able to have atleast one per channel.
OHEXOH
Ultra Wiggler

Post by OHEXOH »

As mentioned above, the expander can do what you’re asking… however, all 4 channels share the same envelope so the drum kit might not work the way you might hope. Hopefully envelopes could be per channel in the future.

In the meantime, you could send audio out of the 2x outputs and into a VCA and control it that way… but, there seems to be a little latency and the pitch change seems to happen a touch later than the gate which controls the external envelope (I’m hoping this could be addressed in a FW update). A gate delay works to get things sounding tighter. (Note, it’s tight if everything is done in module.)
Last edited by OHEXOH on Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seance Fiction // https://ohexoh.bandcamp.com
daphnid
Veteran Wiggler

Post by daphnid »

Oh word, yeah I just freed up a 34hp pod and was deciding between this and a Rample or the new Erica LXR. Given the single envelope on the RYK and the hundreds of dollars I'll save, leaning toward the LXR. This module does sound amazing though. So crisp and hi fi in the demos y'all been posting!
boom blip
Wiggling with Experience

Post by boom blip »

daphnid wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:30 pm Oh word, yeah I just freed up a 34hp pod and was deciding between this and a Rample or the new Erica LXR. Given the single envelope on the RYK and the hundreds of dollars I'll save, leaning toward the LXR. This module does sound amazing though. So crisp and hi fi in the demos y'all been posting!
There are 2 envelopes.
Vow3ll
Common Wiggler

Post by Vow3ll »

Another vote for MIDI Program Change ASAP.
Chasing After Monsters with a Butterfly Net
~YouTube ~ Bandcamp ~ Instagram ~ Reverb
ryk
Common Wiggler

Post by ryk »

boom blip wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:07 pm
daphnid wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:30 pm Oh word, yeah I just freed up a 34hp pod and was deciding between this and a Rample or the new Erica LXR. Given the single envelope on the RYK and the hundreds of dollars I'll save, leaning toward the LXR. This module does sound amazing though. So crisp and hi fi in the demos y'all been posting!
There are 2 envelopes.
Although . . . there are actually 8 envelopes in Poly or Mult mode - 2 envelopes per voice
But as pointed out earlier, the 4 x AM envelopes share the same settings, and the 4 x FM envelopes share the same settings

We are working on the next firmware update to add different settings for each envelope . . .
https://rykmodular.bigcartel.com/products
https://instagram.com/ryk_modular/
BLogic12
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BLogic12 »

ryk wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:34 pm
There are 2 envelopes.
Although . . . there are actually 8 envelopes in Poly or Mult mode - 2 envelopes per voice
But as pointed out earlier, the 4 x AM envelopes share the same settings, and the 4 x FM envelopes share the same settings

We are working on the next firmware update to add different settings for each envelope . . .

Oh wow! Exciting stuff to come!
modtech
Common Wiggler

Post by modtech »

Vow3ll wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:30 pm Another vote for MIDI Program Change ASAP.
I noticed that changing presets is pretty much immediate so this would be a great addition indeed.
seank
Veteran Wiggler

Post by seank »

yes please to PC
Faastwalker
Common Wiggler

Post by Faastwalker »

ryk wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:04 am
Faastwalker wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:17 pm Downloaded the manual for a bit of a read. It's a really good manual I think. It's made me want one even more! Moved on a few modules recently to change things up a bit and make some space. Had little idea what to fill it with. Was thinking about the TipTop Buchal modules. But there's not enough space for all of those that I'd like. Soooooooooo ......... might have to Vector Wave it :woah: Just waiting for Juno UK to take stock :tu:
Thanks for taking the time checking out the manual !
You can still buy from our webshop, but you will be waiting a long time for Juno, as they will not be stocking our module.
Oh! I saw they had one of your other modules so assumed it would be showing up at some point. It's my go to store as, even with shipping to Australia + import tax, modules usually end up being considerably less than if we buy local. It's a real shame. But we get well shafted in Australia on this stuff unfortunately. I'll check the web shop :tu:
magicdust
Common Wiggler

Post by magicdust »

ryk wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:34 pm
There are 2 envelopes.

Yes Ryk! Keep up the development. Would love to see more envelopes.
Umcorps
Will patch for food

Post by Umcorps »

Auto save and auto load last state on power up would also be sweet
Angroc
Common Wiggler

Post by Angroc »

Vow3ll wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:30 pm Another vote for MIDI Program Change ASAP.
Yes please!!!
auditorycanvas
Wiggling with Experience

Post by auditorycanvas »

ryk wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:34 pm We are working on the next firmware update to add different settings for each envelope . . .
Amazing!
OHEXOH
Ultra Wiggler

Post by OHEXOH »

ryk wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:34 pm We are working on the next firmware update to add different settings for each envelope . . .
This is very cool! Such a great module… this week has been a blast!
Seance Fiction // https://ohexoh.bandcamp.com

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”