Entity Ultra-Kick by Steady State Fate

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

analogPedagog
Steady State Fate

Entity Ultra-Kick by Steady State Fate

Post by analogPedagog »

Nothing too fancy but wanted to share this video testing out the Entity Ultra-Kick. Should be out very early 2022.
Price will be $349. 14hp.

WarpHead
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Entity Ultra-Kick by Steady State Fate

Post by WarpHead »

SSF killing it. :yay:
Don't believe the hype.
BlinkyLights
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BlinkyLights »

Nice. Sounds great.

Looking forward to the Percussion reboot, too.

This Kick and the Dub module are awesome progress.
EsquireKnight
Common Wiggler

Post by EsquireKnight »

This is a welcome surprise, sounds really good and priced within the bounds of sanity.
la cuadrícula de los sintetizadores modulares https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1338958
induktor
Wiggling with Experience

Post by induktor »

Sounds realty good! Seems really versatile too.
elphenden
Learning to Wiggle

Post by elphenden »

That's great to see that they are doing another kick module again. Sounds gut punchy and thick!
lohacker
Ultra Wiggler

Post by lohacker »

Nice, sounds a bit more distorted then the mk1 is still based on a resonating filter like its predecessor? There is no more filter input?
decadeoffaith
Learning to Wiggle

Post by decadeoffaith »

Yeeeeah bwwwoy 😎😎😎
Ushijima
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Ushijima »

Demo sounds great :) the bass drive cv input can give really nice variation in certain context I love it
I'm wondering what is the duck output and side chain input are doing here ?
Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom »

The previous version was the best I've tried in eurorack
instagram
dc11 x Resilience 1h live stream of improvised deep techno.
Youtube : long-form module demos
dc11 - Pulse Outputs 5 tracks ep on Unknown Movement
hawkfuzz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by hawkfuzz »

Tumulishroomaroom wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:03 am The previous version was the best I've tried in eurorack
It has more to compete with these days
THUMPR BC SC
matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech »

:tu: maaaan, that sounds REALLY good. excellent work
analogPedagog
Steady State Fate

Post by analogPedagog »

lohacker wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:03 am Nice, sounds a bit more distorted then the mk1 is still based on a resonating filter like its predecessor? There is no more filter input?
A lot of big changes vs the BDS. Based on a resonating vcf except this one is a dual core resonator. You have a main frequency control and a character control. The control at the top right (label out of view) applies FM from the main core to the character core. All controls are much more refined on this one - to a level of more precise control without sacrificing too much range.

Much more distortion is possible and the punch, bass drive and distortion controls allow you to dial in anything from subtle boost to many flavors of distortion.

Big addition is a THATcorp based auto compressor with voltage controlled side-chain filter and a discrete feedforward distortion limiter on the output. The compressed signal can be trimmed out of the final output.

No more filter input. I refined the frequency control to make it easier to tune and the module can produce acidy bass lines on its own due to the dual-core structure. Will make a demo of that soon.

BDS was also a bit noisy at higher saturation levels, during silent passages. That has been substantially reduced if not completely eliminated.
TemplarK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by TemplarK »

This sounds really good!
Most active topic:THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit
(174 Posts / 13.21% of your posts)
lohacker
Ultra Wiggler

Post by lohacker »

analogPedagog wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:07 am A lot of big changes vs the BDS. Based on a resonating vcf except this one is a dual core resonator. You have a main frequency control and a character control. The control at the top right (label out of view) applies FM from the main core to the character core. All controls are much more refined on this one - to a level of more precise control without sacrificing too much range.

Much more distortion is possible and the punch, bass drive and distortion controls allow you to dial in anything from subtle boost to many flavors of distortion.

Big addition is a THATcorp based auto compressor with voltage controlled side-chain filter and a discrete feedforward distortion limiter on the output. The compressed signal can be trimmed out of the final output.

No more filter input. I refined the frequency control to make it easier to tune and the module can produce acidy bass lines on its own due to the dual-core structure. Will make a demo of that soon.

BDS was also a bit noisy at higher saturation levels, during silent passages. That has been substantially reduced if not completely eliminated.
Wow :goo: :sb: :goo:
I love mine expecially the filter part, I agree on the tune pot a bit hard to tune, definitely interested to try this aswell!
tl3ss
Common Wiggler

Post by tl3ss »

analogPedagog wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:07 am
lohacker wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:03 am Nice, sounds a bit more distorted then the mk1 is still based on a resonating filter like its predecessor? There is no more filter input?
A lot of big changes vs the BDS. Based on a resonating vcf except this one is a dual core resonator. You have a main frequency control and a character control. The control at the top right (label out of view) applies FM from the main core to the character core. All controls are much more refined on this one - to a level of more precise control without sacrificing too much range.

This sounds fantastic. So it’s got it’s own mini-autodyne in it?
Dragonaut
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dragonaut »

Dang! Thing is aggressive although I heard some perfect, muted minimal techno kicks in there as well.
analogPedagog
Steady State Fate

Post by analogPedagog »

tl3ss wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:04 am
analogPedagog wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:07 am

This sounds fantastic. So it’s got it’s own mini-autodyne in it?
Yeah a preset version of the autodyne circuitry - dynamically responds to how much punch and resonance tail you set going through it. HP filter has a wider range and is now a smooth control rather than 3 selectable cutoff frequencies.
Raymond
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Raymond »

Dragonaut wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:07 am Dang! Thing is aggressive although I heard some perfect, muted minimal techno kicks in there as well.
I heard the same thing ! It was thinking of starting a dedicated rack specially for percussion thing, not a drum machine per se cause I don’t find kick and snare/clap that interests me but this could change my mind.
Links to the music -->
https://linktr.ee/soundofraymond

New release - Only one should do it (microhouse/rominimal)
https://open.spotify.com/album/3U1LDW0M ... Si_J3661yQ
gegeartist
Common Wiggler

Post by gegeartist »

Wow. What amazing sounds.
Fog Door
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Fog Door »

I could not understand why the BDS got discontinued, but now I know. To my ears, as a dedicated kick drum module, this sounds far superior to the BDS. Love my BDS and will never part with it, but this sounds amazing. I'm really impressed, and I rarely get impressed by these sort of demos. And best of all, I now have a case for modules with black panels :sb:
tl3ss
Common Wiggler

Post by tl3ss »

I’m going to keep the old one and get this one! It has some magic to it, and it also has a huge range with plenty else to set it apart from this. It’s a great synth voice in its own right.
Fog Door
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Fog Door »

It has some magic to it, and it also has a huge range with plenty else to set it apart from this
totally agree
Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dogma »

Another killer module from the maestro- can’t wait to hear more from it
look up!

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”