Buchla 200 in Euro format (Tiptop)

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..
topherc
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Buchla 200 in Euro format (Tiptop)

Post by topherc »

exper wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:05 am Maybe I haven't tried too hard to be honest, but to me the knobs are really hard to get off. And since It looks like there are no bolts holding the pot to the panel, I'm worried about pulling too hard and damaging the module.

Would love to swap the knobs with D-Shaft Selcos.
Use a thin piece of plastic (i.e food wrapper) to protect the panel then use a very small, thin, flat screwdriver to gently lever up the pots. Work around the pot doing a little at a time from each angle. Once you've managed to raise them a bit you should be able to pull them off by hand. I've not done it with the Tiptop Buchlas but its worked for me with other difficult to remove knobs.
Gordon Cole
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Gordon Cole »

You need to slide a credit card or plastic tweezers under the knob, then rotate that to pry the knob upward.

Tiptop should try to get some d-shaft rogan rb made in bulk, based on comments here I'm sure they would sell.
d42kn355
Wiggling with Experience

Post by d42kn355 »

Some CHAOS with 200t series and Ieaskul F. Mobenthey
WesCREAM
Common Wiggler

Post by WesCREAM »

dave999z wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:17 am
stopmakingsense wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:06 am
WesCREAM wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:32 am I have an order in at Perfect Circuit for the 245t, they could only say "hopefully before the holidays"
Patience but excited to finally bring some Buchla into my setup!
Analogue Haven has it in stock right now.
How would you ever find it on their site?
Thanks cancelled my order and its on the way now!!

Not the worst site to find something but they could use an update for sure, better like this to not run into other stuff I don't need but would add to order though haha
dave999z
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dave999z »

Had some fun tonight FMing the 258t with a Basimilus Iteritas Alter run through a Morgasmatron. Some days the 258t just seems to have really musical sounding FM sweet spots.

soundular
Common Wiggler

Post by soundular »

BLogic12 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:45 pm
soundular wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:28 pm
nightbeach wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:16 pm I think that if the 245t had eight steps instead of five it would be the perfect sequencer for me. Love the patch-programmability but having to string up a sequential switch just to get an eight-step sequence isn't ideal. Oh well...
Wouldn't be the buchla 245 if it did that.
Maybe nightbeach should check out the behringer 960 (moog sequencer clone).
Seriously! I’ve been interested in checking it out for a while.
Yeah that might just be the ticket! Not a big fan of behringer myself, but that's definitely a good suggestion.
MrV63
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MrV63 »

dave999z wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:49 pm Had some fun tonight FMing the 258t with a Basimilus Iteritas Alter run through a Morgasmatron. Some days the 258t just seems to have really musical sounding FM sweet spots.

Very sweet indeed!
vidret wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:03 pm My jams are better now, but my 4-step sequences were fire before :lol:
BLogic12
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BLogic12 »

soundular wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:50 am
BLogic12 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:45 pm
soundular wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:28 pm
nightbeach wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:16 pm I think that if the 245t had eight steps instead of five it would be the perfect sequencer for me. Love the patch-programmability but having to string up a sequential switch just to get an eight-step sequence isn't ideal. Oh well...
Wouldn't be the buchla 245 if it did that.
Maybe nightbeach should check out the behringer 960 (moog sequencer clone).
Seriously! I’ve been interested in checking it out for a while.
Yeah that might just be the ticket! Not a big fan of behringer myself, but that's definitely a good suggestion.
They also have the 2500 sequencer that might be a good alternative:

GOM
Common Wiggler

Post by GOM »

soundular wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:50 am Yeah that might just be the ticket! Not a big fan of behringer myself, but that's definitely a good suggestion.
The sequencers that have been suggested look super interesting but can I ask why yourself and many others aren't fans of Behringer? Are they known for low quality modules?
WesCREAM
Common Wiggler

Post by WesCREAM »

My experience is purely from 15 years ago knowing them in the guitar world, known for cheap & low (bad/poor) quality knockoffs for whatever you could think of.. no idea how they are in eurorack though
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper »

GOM wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:36 pm
soundular wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:50 am Yeah that might just be the ticket! Not a big fan of behringer myself, but that's definitely a good suggestion.
The sequencers that have been suggested look super interesting but can I ask why yourself and many others aren't fans of Behringer? Are they known for low quality modules?
This is a good start: viewtopic.php?t=226390

TLDR: many people here do not like Behringer’s practices of stealing designs from other manufacturers and builders. One thing to make new versions of no longer made or protected IP, but they now are cloning stuff still available for purchase. At one point they even had very obvious planted users here who ended up getting banned. Just all around a shady company.

There’s plenty of other great companies to support.

Or for some, I guess Peter Pan.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

FT US: Akai Force + MPD226 for Maschine +

ndkent
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ndkent »

I have the Behringer 1027 sequencer which works fine. I'd say the plus aspects are a lot of steps with knobs in a small HP, has the pulse width control.

Advantages of the much wider Behringer 960 (Moog) is the playable skip/normal/stop and manual fire per step

245T has steps addressable by voltage which you don't see that often
natureclubcassettes
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by natureclubcassettes »

why couldn't you just program an 8 step sequence, by using the top two outputs into a sequential switch and reseting it at step four?

I know you could do this on the Sputnik version of the 245
soundular
Common Wiggler

Post by soundular »

exper wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:56 pm

TLDR: many people here do not like Behringer’s practices of stealing designs from other manufacturers and builders. One thing to make new versions of no longer made or protected IP, but they now are cloning stuff still available for purchase. At one point they even had very obvious planted users here who ended up getting banned. Just all around a shady company.

Exactly this. To a lesser extent there are also some build quality issues as well to consider, so some things might not work after awhile.
Spanningtree
Loop free patching via 802.1d

Post by Spanningtree »

soundular wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:18 pm

Exactly this. To a lesser extent there are also some build quality issues as well to consider, so some things might not work after awhile.
Can we not drag the behringer thread into this one?
DukeOfPrunes
Ultra Wiggler

Post by DukeOfPrunes »

Spanningtree wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:19 pm
soundular wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:18 pm

Can we not drag the behringer thread into this one?
+1 - quite the insult to Don...
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper »

GOM asked why Behringer has a bad rep, so I provided the link. Probably should have left my ‘summary’ off, but anyway, this is as far as the mention has to go.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

DukeOfPrunes
Ultra Wiggler

Post by DukeOfPrunes »

exper wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:37 pm GOM asked why Behringer has a bad rep, so I provided the link. Probably should have left my ‘summary’ off, but anyway, this is as far as the mention has to go.
I certainly did not want to offend you with my comment. Just trying to make sure that any newcomer would not confuse the vision of an innovator with one based on a carbon copy process.
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper »

DukeOfPrunes wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:46 pm
exper wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:37 pm GOM asked why Behringer has a bad rep, so I provided the link. Probably should have left my ‘summary’ off, but anyway, this is as far as the mention has to go.
I certainly did not want to offend you with my comment. Just trying to make sure that any newcomer would not confuse the vision of an innovator with one based on a carbon copy process.
No worries at all. I agree. :tu:

DukeOfPrunes
Ultra Wiggler

Post by DukeOfPrunes »

exper wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:25 pm
DukeOfPrunes wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:46 pm
No worries at all. I agree. :tu:
All good!

I currently have the 258t (which I really dig for its FM capability and overall chewiness) and the 245t. I almost took possession of a 281t, but the merchant dropped the ball on their inventory website advertisement (not the first time I've observed this...), so now I'm holding the line with my Quadra+Ex and Quadrax+Ex, but will eventually get the 281t, from a completest attitude. Spending a lot of time in Verbos land lately, which relieves me from that Buchla & TTA itch.

Must admit, that 257t is really bugging me. For the folks with knowledge of the 257 and the Verbos VCP, is there a lot of overlap between the two?
Last edited by DukeOfPrunes on Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSynth
Common Wiggler

Post by TheSynth »

I almost took possession of a 281t, but the merchant dropped the ball on their inventory website advertisement (not the first time I've observed this...), so now I'm holding the line with my Quadrax+Ex and Quadra+Ex, but will eventually get the 281t, from a completest attitude.
Control has the 281t in stock right now:

https://www.ctrl-mod.com/products/tipto ... -generator
DukeOfPrunes
Ultra Wiggler

Post by DukeOfPrunes »

TheSynth wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:04 pm
I almost took possession of a 281t, but the merchant dropped the ball on their inventory website advertisement (not the first time I've observed this...), so now I'm holding the line with my Quadrax+Ex and Quadra+Ex, but will eventually get the 281t, from a completest attitude.
Control has the 281t in stock right now:

https://www.ctrl-mod.com/products/tipto ... -generator
Thanks! My local duty free shop has some in stock as well. I am a bit more focused on Verbos: Multi-Envelope and the Polyphonic Envelope, given I already have a Quadra+Ex and Quadrax+Ex.

I will eventually get a 281t, unless we end up with pandemics that annihilate Eurorack modular makers, specifically, TTA.
Logarhythm
Common Wiggler

Post by Logarhythm »

natureclubcassettes wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:17 pm why couldn't you just program an 8 step sequence, by using the top two outputs into a sequential switch and reseting it at step four?

I know you could do this on the Sputnik version of the 245
If you have a 257t you can rig sequential switch-like behavior. Put two 245t rows into Vb and Vc on one channel, and supply M from a square wave (the Pulser on the 245 works if that's not your clock.) It's fiddly if you're trying to be precise but you can mess with duty cycle and get some nice results.
Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Funky40 »

need help please with the 281t:
i thought the seocnd AD was broke ( conting from top) , since it in fact has a very shitty "mode switch".

so, within two hours of use, this 2nd AD became stuck to the cycling mode,
the switch would nolonger do anything. so, fisrt thought, ...the switch just creeped out.
BUT: the A + D controls do also not really work. Which is unlogic, if it was only "stuck" to cycle mode.

BUT NOW: i had to observe that "this" all is related to the mode switch on AD 1 ( most upper).
If i set this switch 1 to cycle, it knocks out AD 2. ( i was first totally not aware)

Whats going on here, is this a intended behave ?
....or is this module broke in a completly strange way ? ....which i begin to doubt it is.
please enlighten me
For sale:
Spanningtree
Loop free patching via 802.1d

Post by Spanningtree »

Funky40 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:59 am need help please with the 281t:
It sounds like your working with function generators A and B, A would be the top one and B would be underneath it. Have you taken a look at the quadrature switch for A and B, to the bottom right of the module. Set that to "off" or down, otherwise A will interact with B.

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”