"Remix/ReMangle" Contest now open!

Prizes generously donated by:
ADDAC System (Eurorack 3U)
Endorphin.es (Eurorack 3U)
Fred's Lab (DIY Paraphonic Synth)
Northern Light Modular (Buchla-format h-series)
Rattly and Raw (Wiggler Approved Kontakt Instrument)
Studio.h (Buchla-format 4U)

Show us what "remix" means to you! Create, share, vote, win modules & more! Free gifts too!
Join in here!

ANTUMBRA - Tune, 2 HP tuner, VU meter and sub oct.

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

deftinwulf
Veteran Wiggler

Re: ANTUMBRA - Tune, 2 HP tuner, VU meter and sub oct.

Post by deftinwulf » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:15 am

Anyone have this module and can comment on quality/accuracy?

I'm curious about this wording form the manufacturer of "perfect to find the pitch of regular VCO waveforms." Is this tuner of limited usefulness beyond square, tri, saw waves? Is that what is meant by "regular" waveforms?

I could really use an accurate tuner in my case for tuning my oscs but I've had difficulty with Ableton Live's tuner. Wondering if maybe this works better?

Reese P. Dubin
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Reese P. Dubin » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:19 pm

Also interested in how accurate this is.
i have used lots of different external tuners and as far as wanting to see regular waveforms, yes, nothing beats a square or a saw. Goofed up folded waves are a total disaster and that should be expected.

gb2
Common Wiggler

Post by gb2 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:03 am

I have it for some weeks now, replaced the NE Soleo Vero as I needed some space and also rarely used all three inputs.

So far I'm happy. The two separate display modes are great, also to easily switch from 440 to 432 Hz. For my uses it's accurate enough, but I never compared it any other tuners I have laying around. I only tune things inside the case relative to each other, and I don't really care if it's perfect pitch.

Yes, "regular" or "basic" waveforms work best, but that is to be expected and the same with all tuners I tried. Obviously a heavily modulated output from the NE Manis is too much for it.

The other thing I wanted to use it for is the sub oscillator. It's a bit glitchy with complex waveforms, but works sufficiently enough for me. I actually like the glitches :)

deftinwulf
Veteran Wiggler

Post by deftinwulf » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:30 am

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. This is helpful information.
gb2 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:03 am
The other thing I wanted to use it for is the sub oscillator. It's a bit glitchy with complex waveforms, but works sufficiently enough for me. I actually like the glitches :)
I already read the manual, but just to confirm... The sub osc works simultaneously with the tuner, correct?

pjbulls
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pjbulls » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:34 am

deftinwulf wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:30 am
I already read the manual, but just to confirm... The sub osc works simultaneously with the tuner, correct?
The bottom jack is either a pass-through of the input or a sub-octave square, regardless of what the rest of the module is doing.

gb2
Common Wiggler

Post by gb2 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:38 am

pjbulls wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:34 am
The bottom jack is either a pass-through of the input or a sub-octave square, regardless of what the rest of the module is doing.
what pjbulls said.
by the way: he built the module for me, highly recommended!

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”