Akai MPC/Force with Expert Sleepers ES-9!

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

linefreq
Learning to Wiggle

Akai MPC/Force with Expert Sleepers ES-9!

Post by linefreq » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:54 am

Akai just released an update that allows class compliant audio interfaces! I tried it with my ES-9 and it works great! Just enable 32 channels in the settings and switch the audio device from internal to Expert Sleepers ES-9. I am sure it would work with other interfaces too. Now i can record all of my tracks down to the MPC-X i have!

https://www.gearnews.com/akai-mpc-2-10- ... -hardware/

Mike

bitSmasher
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Akai MPC/Force with Expert Sleepers ES-9!

Post by bitSmasher » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:01 am

Would love you to test an idea I've mentioned in this thread... using the ES-9 for CV control with either a modulation channel or DC-offset sample played back.

linefreq
Learning to Wiggle

Post by linefreq » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:48 am

bitSmasher wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:01 am
Would love you to test an idea I've mentioned in this thread... using the ES-9 for CV control with either a modulation channel or DC-offset sample played back.
I haven't tried that yet. However, you could still use the internal CV of the MPC-X in the sequencer with the ES-9 audio interface. I will have to see if the other way is possible too.

RolandoBlanca
Common Wiggler

Post by RolandoBlanca » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:09 am

Cool, I will give this a try soon as well, this update is pretty huge.

wavejockey
Wiggling with Experience

Post by wavejockey » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:33 am

will try this weekend with my Percussa SSP (24 in / 24 out)

RolandoBlanca
Common Wiggler

Post by RolandoBlanca » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:36 am

Tried, very cool - works well, and I love it for audio. Now I need to redo the routing I had to send a submix to my MPC for looping, since I can mix it all onboard via USB now, which has moved this from a pretty cool box, to potentially the centre of the whole rig when configured that way.

Couldn't find a way to conveniently send DC CV to the outputs, but since we already have the 4 tracks of CV/Gate/Mod onboard I doubt I'll want to drive more than that from the MPC itself, I'll keep an eye out for anyone else who figures out how, but it's not a priority for me.

I did think about creating some WAV samples of slow modulations (which could then presumably be manipulated and mangled with fx on the MPC before going to the output so you'd be able to change them after creating) to loop out through the outputs, and I presume that would work, probably even with stepped DC in those file, but I wouldn't know how to create them - maybe recording them from the rack into the MPC via the ES-9 would work to generate those CV files initially.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”