Mosaic 1U Tile Module Line

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

EPTC
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Mosaic 1U Tile Module Line

Post by EPTC »

bedhed3000 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:58 pm
Here you go: https://www.perfectcircuit.com/abyss-1u ... lijel.html
Zoom! Thanks, behed3000! :yay: - not surprised intellijel would have made one, that looks perfect for varying sizes, too.
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper »

The problem with the 1u > 3u adapters is that they turn the module sideways, so labels and pot marking are harder to read. I'd like to see one maybe 24hp or so that holds 3 rows of 1u horizontally.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

FT/S US only: Palette 62, Traktor S2, FT Only: DIGITONE
bedhed3000
Wiggling with Experience

Post by bedhed3000 »

exper wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:46 pm The problem with the 1u > 3u adapters is that they turn the module sideways, so labels and pot marking are harder to read. I'd like to see one maybe 24hp or so that holds 3 rows of 1u horizontally.
I don't think you'd be able to fit three rows because you'd need rails going across to screw into above and below each module.
Two might work though.
cliffemu
Veteran Wiggler

Post by cliffemu »

That clock looks great. Not many options for clocks in 1U!
metamorphmuses
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by metamorphmuses »

Whoever is the first to buy and test out one of the new Mosaic modules, please come back to the thread and report on their quality.

I hope Mosaic gets around to making an external output, line-level 1/4" jack module with headphone out as well. I am not particularly happy with the PulpLogic Output module, I have to say.
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper »

MindMachine wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:07 pm I'm impressed that such a full line could just drop like that. Must be a 2-3 year undertaking and a hell of an investment to make each module in two color choices and two formats.
I just checked on https://lookup.icann.org.

Mosaic is another branch of Qu-bit, just like 2hp. So most of these modules are probably the same as their 2hp counterparts. Explains why a new company would have almost 20 modules to start out. ;)
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Kosmikos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kosmikos »

But why would you not use an already established brand name if you had one? Do they think these modules are too simple compared to the typical Qu-bit module in their range?
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper »

Not sure, I was confused why they did that with the 2hp line as well, especially since Qu-bit had 2hp modules in their line at first.

flipper16
Veteran Wiggler

Post by flipper16 »

These modules look awesome, there seems to be a Papernoise influence to the panel graphics.
Kosmikos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kosmikos »

exper wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:29 am Not sure, I was confused why they did that with the 2hp line as well, especially since Qu-bit had 2hp modules in their line at first.
I didn’t know they were also 2HP. I have yet to get any Qu-bit or 2hp modules. I’ve read some mixed reviews on the quality of the 2hp, but there are a few of their modules on my shopping list. I might pull the trigger on these before I blow up the bank on these mosaic tiles! :mrgreen:
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper »

Yeah, I had the 2hp delay, and the noise floor made it unusable to me. I have a Qu-Bit Nebulae 2 though which I love for its sound. Wish it had a display though.

metamorphmuses
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by metamorphmuses »

Kosmikos wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:49 am
exper wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:29 am Not sure, I was confused why they did that with the 2hp line as well, especially since Qu-bit had 2hp modules in their line at first.
I didn’t know they were also 2HP. I have yet to get any Qu-bit or 2hp modules. I’ve read some mixed reviews on the quality of the 2hp, but there are a few of their modules on my shopping list. I might pull the trigger on these before I blow up the bank on these mosaic tiles! :mrgreen:
Well, I have two 2HP modules (a LFO v2 & a DIV) and one Qu-Bit (Nano Rand v2), all of solid quality so I feel pretty confident about the Mosaic line.

In particular, my LFO v2 is excellent, and the Nano Rand v2 is also a winner for doing everything it does so well in a mere 4HP.
okayiquit
Common Wiggler

Post by okayiquit »

Definitely interested in the mixer, I love quadratt but it feels like a waste whenever it's relegated to basic mixing. Also takes up a lot of space.
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper »

okayiquit wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:14 pm Definitely interested in the mixer, I love quadratt but it feels like a waste whenever it's relegated to basic mixing. Also takes up a lot of space.
The thing is, yes, the Quadratt is wide but the jacks on the side make adjusting it much more user-friendly. Some of the mosaic modules with jacks under knobs I think will be hard to use once all patched up unless you use tendrils/right angle patch cables.

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 »

... the pictures of the modules appear to be digital renderings. The panels might be plastic, hard to tell since there's no shadow or other tell tale signs since (again) they seem to be renderings rather than photographs. Perfect Circuit shows there are only five total modules in stock. All of this combined makes me wonder how many of these modules are actually "ready" and how many are "works in progress"?
5U SEMI-MODULAR PERFORMANCE SYNTH NORMALIZING PROJECT
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... highlight=
blaythe.steuer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by blaythe.steuer »

whew looks like i’ll be getting some of these for sure
MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine »

exper wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:46 am
MindMachine wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:07 pm I'm impressed that such a full line could just drop like that. Must be a 2-3 year undertaking and a hell of an investment to make each module in two color choices and two formats.
I just checked on https://lookup.icann.org.

Mosaic is another branch of Qu-bit, just like 2hp. So most of these modules are probably the same as their 2hp counterparts. Explains why a new company would have almost 20 modules to start out. ;)
Nice Columbo action. Very interesting.
SlagRalden
Common Wiggler

Post by SlagRalden »

anyone know why 1u tiles are so cheap... the mults look like MORE material than a 2hp mult... is there something special with board layout?
musicaespressiva
Common Wiggler

Post by musicaespressiva »

I'm interested in reverb and delay, but no demos so far.
Kosmikos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kosmikos »

Any ETA on these yet?
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper »

musicaespressiva wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:49 am I'm interested in reverb and delay, but no demos so far.
Just listen to the 2hp ones. I’m sure it’s the same design, with the exception that the reverb is mono on the Mosaic version.

I found the 2hp delay to be extremely noisy.

skoolafish
Common Wiggler

Post by skoolafish »

i pre-ordered the quantizer in white. wish me luck
scottsplatter
Learning to Wiggle

Post by scottsplatter »

curious if anyone has heard/seen these yet. Their facebook page says videos coming prior to a May 26th release date. Their site says they were shipping first week of June, but I still haven't been able to find any videos or anything. Everyone still has them as pre-orders too.
funken
Learning to Wiggle

Post by funken »

here a first Drum Patch video ...

moo_lefty
Common Wiggler

Post by moo_lefty »

exper wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:46 pm The problem with the 1u > 3u adapters is that they turn the module sideways, so labels and pot marking are harder to read. I'd like to see one maybe 24hp or so that holds 3 rows of 1u horizontally.
Would be difficult to make such a thing - the widths of 1u tiles are all variable, whereas the heights aren't. Trying to imagine a contraption to support this - you'd likely need a frame and then mini rails that you can screw in at the right width.

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”