Mosaic 1U Tile Module Line

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Mosaic 1U Tile Module Line

Post by MindMachine »

Did a search and couldn't find anything?

Full line-up looks fun.

https://www.perfectcircuit.com/mosaic?u ... 5nLmNvbSJ9
drowld
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Mosaic 1U Tile Module Line

Post by drowld »

Look up on fb they have a website too now
The quantizer looks nice but no demo of any modules yet
xntrk
Common Wiggler

Post by xntrk »

seems like a lot of stuff i have been hoping for in 1U. Mixer looks nice and it's DC coupled.
doublestewart
Common Wiggler

Post by doublestewart »

drowld wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:51 pm Look up on fb they have a website too now
The quantizer was the one that first caught my eye, but there are a lot of good additions here. We've gotten to the point where the amount of 1u modules I want is surpassing the amount of 1u space I have.
drowld
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by drowld »

doublestewart wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:02 pm
drowld wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:51 pm Look up on fb they have a website too now
The quantizer was the one that first caught my eye, but there are a lot of good additions here. We've gotten to the point where the amount of 1u modules I want is surpassing the amount of 1u space I have.
I still think intellijel should convert more of their modules to 1u
Foghorn
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Foghorn »

What format are the Mosaic 1U modules?
Intellijel or Pulplogic
Stay Calm - We are still in this forever
.......Steven Banks wannabe.......
doublestewart
Common Wiggler

Post by doublestewart »

Foghorn wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:40 pm What format are the Mosaic 1U modules?
Intellijel or Pulplogic
Here is what the Perfect Circuit listing says:
"1U Intellijel format (Pulplogic format faceplates available from manufacturer)"
kingmaxwell
Common Wiggler

Post by kingmaxwell »

Goooood looking out. These look great! I've been hoping for an 1u ADSR and VCA.
lifeofrefinement.com/
bluehotel
Common Wiggler

Post by bluehotel »

This is awesome, love the color scheme to signify types of inputs outputs (gate, cv, audio). Really interested in the strings module--it's got 8-voice polyphony (in the same way Rings and Surface are polyphonic).
tenshun
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tenshun »

it would be a nice option if they would let the buyer choose between Pulp Logic & Intel format instead of having the buyer have to pay a extra $15 for a Pulp Logic panel.
Raindeer
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Raindeer »

Any demos of them people are aware of? I’m interested in the percussion modules.
climate
Common Wiggler

Post by climate »

Anyone try these out yet? Drums in particular. Look great and a few useful ones for me. I’d totally fill up a row w some of these.
deftinwulf
Ultra Wiggler

Post by deftinwulf »

doublestewart wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:02 pm We've gotten to the point where the amount of 1u modules I want is surpassing the amount of 1u space I have.
I'm at the point now where I would buy a 1U powered skiff case if somebody made it. I have 2x Mantis so I'm completely shut out from the burgeoning world of 1U otherwise. :confused:
a100user
All the gear, no idea!

Post by a100user »

You can buy a 1U powered case, but only for PL format from Syinsi
kosmische
Common Wiggler

Post by kosmische »

These are pretty rad, the quantizer in particular will be a must-buy if I don't grab a 1uO_c first...
MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine »

I'm impressed that such a full line could just drop like that. Must be a 2-3 year undertaking and a hell of an investment to make each module in two color choices and two formats.

And many of the modules have unique or clever features that distinguish them from others.

As far as having the Pulp format at a higher price than the Intellijel, it is simple economics. One format is X times more popular than the other. Just trimming some aluminum a little in a smaller sample size means you amortize the set-up across a smaller number of cuts. Same with the art if it has to be shot slightly smaller and painted/screened... or whatever. That is manufacturing. Good to know that they offer both formats, really.

I don't have any 1U racks but thought this looked cool. I might swing by Perfect Circuit to check them out anyway.

If I do, I'll take a few requests for tryouts and report back.
bluehotel
Common Wiggler

Post by bluehotel »

MindMachine wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:07 pm I'm impressed that such a full line could just drop like that. Must be a 2-3 year undertaking and a hell of an investment to make each module in two color choices and two formats.

And many of the modules have unique or clever features that distinguish them from others.

As far as having the Pulp format at a higher price than the Intellijel, it is simple economics. One format is X times more popular than the other. Just trimming some aluminum a little in a smaller sample size means you amortize the set-up across a smaller number of cuts. Same with the art if it has to be shot slightly smaller and painted/screened... or whatever. That is manufacturing. Good to know that they offer both formats, really.

I don't have any 1U racks but thought this looked cool. I might swing by Perfect Circuit to check them out anyway.

If I do, I'll take a few requests for tryouts and report back.
On one of their about sections they even mentioned who makes the most popular 1U cases, and it's clear they did their research. People seem to forget that Intellijel also makes the cheapest 1U module -- the Palette -- and I'd guess that sells way more than their 7U and or any other 1U case, including Pulp Logic ones.

I understand the frustration with paying a little more for barely any extra metal, but they're based out of Southern California and these small margins you gain from charging extra for a niche feature (in an extremely niche market) can help a small business out. If I were a Pulp Logic case owner I'd be a little peeved, but then grateful that there are more options, and nice ones at that. And frankly, 15 bucks per module isn't much in modular, considering alt faceplates are usually at least double that.

All right I talked way to much about marketing and modular, time to cleanse myself with some ambient swirls.
OHEXOH
Veteran Wiggler

Post by OHEXOH »

I’d love a 4 x 1U Palette case filled with these and Intellijel 1U modules.
Kosmikos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kosmikos »

I have two 1U 19” rack to fill... :hmm:
Shame no U.K. distributor yet.
EPTC
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by EPTC »

doublestewart wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:02 pmWe've gotten to the point where the amount of 1u modules I want is surpassing the amount of 1u space I have.
Seems a good time for someone to make a 3U adapter to stack a few 1U in a single normal space.
bedhed3000
Wiggling with Experience

Post by bedhed3000 »

EPTC wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:46 pm
doublestewart wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:02 pmWe've gotten to the point where the amount of 1u modules I want is surpassing the amount of 1u space I have.
Seems a good time for someone to make a 3U adapter to stack a few 1U in a single normal space.
Here you go: https://www.perfectcircuit.com/abyss-1u ... lijel.html
deft_bonz
Ultra Wiggler

Post by deft_bonz »

What we need soon is a 3 times 1U row 84/104 HP case :sb:
metamorphmuses
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by metamorphmuses »

These look promising, but if I want any I'll have to wait for a solution to the powering issue. The case I have with a 1U row is an Elite Modular 7U model that has a total of just 20 power headers total. This means I have exactly two power headers I can allocate to the 1U modules, so PulpLogic and Syinsi tiles are fine because you can power several of them from one standard header. The issue with the Mosaic and other brands is that each module is powered by a standard Eurorack 10-16 pin connector; it's a 1:1 module to header situation.

What would solve the issue is a 1U power tile that has a power header ribbon where I can plug in more modules. The only annoyance is that I'd have to power that tile separately, rather than link it to the power supply for the case.
Kosmikos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kosmikos »

metamorphmuses wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:02 am What would solve the issue is a 1U power tile that has a power header ribbon where I can plug in more modules. The only annoyance is that I'd have to power that tile separately, rather than link it to the power supply for the case.
I use these to power up to 3 1U tiles:
https://www.signalsounds.com/4ms-pod-mu ... 10-pin-x-3

I chose the tiles that use the less power to limit the draw, and that really tidy up a lot of the internal spaghettis.
metamorphmuses
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by metamorphmuses »

Kosmikos wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:00 am
metamorphmuses wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:02 am What would solve the issue is a 1U power tile that has a power header ribbon where I can plug in more modules. The only annoyance is that I'd have to power that tile separately, rather than link it to the power supply for the case.
I use these to power up to 3 1U tiles:
https://www.signalsounds.com/4ms-pod-mu ... 10-pin-x-3

I chose the tiles that use the less power to limit the draw, and that really tidy up a lot of the internal spaghettis.
Thanks for the tip! I've seen those once or twice, but didn't know they could be used (mindfully, measuring the draw of course) on a regular power header.

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”