Voting open for your top 3 tracks in our Odd Meter Remix/ReMangle/Reimagine Challenge

Prizes generously donated by:
ADDAC System (Eurorack 3U)
Endorphin.es (Eurorack 3U)
Fred's Lab (DIY Paraphonic Synth)
Northern Light Modular (Buchla-format h-series OR Eurorack3U)
Rattly and Raw (Wiggler Approved Kontakt Instrument)
Studio.h (Buchla-format 4U)

Get your vote on and free 42 minute modular playlist for your listening pleasure.

Last Three Modules Purchased

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Paths
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Last Three Modules Purchased

Post by Paths » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:24 am

Last 3 for me were
WMD Kraken
4MS ensamble
TEIA opticore

modeland
Common Wiggler

Post by modeland » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:14 pm

also Malgorithm (mk2)
Doepfer A-101-1
WMD PDO
There is no theory. You merely have to listen. - Claude Debussy
No purposes, only sounds. - John Cage

auspemusic
Learning to Wiggle

Post by auspemusic » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:35 am

Not counting some 1U odds and ends...

Monome Teletype
IME Piston Honda MKIII
Mutable Blades

Pretty substantial pieces for me, still haven't dissected the Teletype enough to be particularly fluid with it, but I can tell it's going to be an interesting and fun learning experience for a long while to come. PH MKIII sounds incredible, despite some decently frustrating issues with tracking. Blades has become my main filter, love the versatility and sound shaping that goes beyond what your typical filter does without being too crazy or experimental. The GAS has been alleviated for a while at least, surely to come back in full force soon enough ;).

Bignorthumbrian
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Bignorthumbrian » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:43 am

Stochastic Inspiration Generator and expander (arriving Friday)
Capt ́n Big-O
Doepfer a-138i interrupting mixer
here hare here!

dro
Common Wiggler

Post by dro » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:59 am

Verbos multi envelope
Plaits
Ripples

Needed to get a couple more MI modules to fill out my MI skiff :)

hirnlego
Wiggling with Experience

Post by hirnlego » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:06 am

Bitbox Micro
Pamela's New Workout
WMD SCLPL

Mr. Aloud
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Mr. Aloud » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:32 am

Tritone
Tritone
Tritone
It would seem that still, after all these years, perception is essentially thought to be a passive process.

logan mkii
Common Wiggler

Post by logan mkii » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:24 am

hirnlego wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:06 am
Bitbox Micro
Pamela's New Workout
WMD SCLPL
does the sclpl's morphing feature have any advantages over something like frames paired with an eq with modulation options? the bitbox micro (and later the mk1 too) was the first module i bought. i use a lot of mellotron sounds with it. but still haven't really figured out the multi-sample naming conventions

my 3 latest are elements, cinnamon, and an ai synthesis 3x4 matrix mixer. i sold elements shortly after since it seemed too novel and characteristic. that's not a complaint, it just didn't fit my setup. cinnamon is a blast. i had a fun experiment putting it between the aux outs and aux ins of a v synth. the matrix mixer isn't the most impressive build quality but it's super useful and has made me want like 5 more of them

paranormind
Wiggling with Experience

Post by paranormind » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:43 pm

Last.. three? You said last three? But I had a whole Pulp Logic 1U row to fill!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 8.42.05 PM.png

Jturbide
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Jturbide » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:58 pm

AJH entropic doom
AJH gemini
And if I can sell a module or two I should buy a used Control Forge from some guy next week...

:party:

hirnlego
Wiggling with Experience

Post by hirnlego » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:03 pm

logan mkii wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:24 am
does the sclpl's morphing feature have any advantages over something like frames paired with an eq with modulation options?
I don't really know as I never touched Frames, but the idea with SCLPL is programming up to 9 configurations of a 5 bands eq and smoothly morph between them manually or with CV.

Kenny Meinzinger
Common Wiggler

Post by Kenny Meinzinger » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:30 pm

URings
Scull and Circuits, Metal-o-tron and,
Can I Kick It?

rolands
Learning to Wiggle

Post by rolands » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:04 pm

NLC Let's Splosh - incoming, excited.
BoredBrain Music eqx5 Stereo EQ - so glad I got this.
Xaoc Odessa - haven't had time to play with it!
Also have an X1L3 Underwurlde waiting for me to pick up at Christmas back in England...

Stu B
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Stu B » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:22 am

Foghorn wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:03 pm
Joranalogue filter 8...this thing is deep and powerful
Soundmachines LS1 Lightstrip...I like it, it is just so easy
divkid OCHD...Well, everyone else has it and it has been so hard to get.
But, too soon to have an opinion.
Hi, Ive had the filter 8 for a couple of months, let me get your opinion on something. Its got a lot of features, if you play it as an oscillator it sounds stunningly beautiful. But as a basic low pass filter, it is.. well.. its a bit shit. The cutoff is lifeless and seems more like a volume control and the resonance knob does pretty much nothing until it's in the resonance zone. I've tested it with a Dixie 2+, an Instruo CS-L, Mother 32 and Plaits, always the same. To the point I've wondered if there's something wrong with mine. Am I missing something, is there some nuance of modular I'm being hit by here relating to voltages or some such, or is Filter 8 just not my 'jam' and being new-ish I'm not recognising that.

Stu B
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Stu B » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:32 am

Last 3 modules:

Instruo CS-L: I've found my oscillator, I may never need another.
Make Noise Qpas: Absolutely loving this, so much character, especially paired with the Instruo
Tip Top Z5000: First play yesterday, case is reaching capacity and needed effects in there but its too early for a verdict.

ATW
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ATW » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:39 am

Phitar wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:43 pm
The latest of the " Want That! " list that is now on the " Got That! " list:

XAOC Warna II - was wanting to get some mult/mix utility to stick in the middle of the second rack. My first XAOC module for some reason. Just arrived about an hour ago.

ADDAC 805v2 VC Signal Router (DIY) - found myself reaching for a stereo cross fader and found I didn't have one. Had been wanting this for a while and it never seemed to be in stock (diy anyway) so when it popped back up at Synthcube I jumped on it.

Antimatter Audio Brain Seed cv recorder - wanted one of these since it came out, back when I was a lurking forum reader only and didn't even own a single module. One became available at a decent price and I didn't hesitate. Love it!

Edit=-> Just had a little time to play with the Warna II. Really like that the multi are normaled with the mixer. Offers a lot of opportunities for creating complex waveforms while splitting the original waves out to other stuff at the same time. :yay:
Glad you're having fun with Warna II—that was my first XAOC module, too. Super useful.

Latest 3:
Takaab Nearness
Takaab 2LPG
Doepfer A-160/161 combo. Wanted a mathematical clock divider w/ the low-key LED feedback, it delivers.
ᴍᴏᴅᴜʟᴀʀ ɢʀɪᴅ ⟡ 9U 168 + Palette + Pod ⟡ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ATW on SoundCloud

ljwall83
Common Wiggler

Post by ljwall83 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:31 am

Stu B wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:22 am
Foghorn wrote:
Hi, Ive had the filter 8 for a couple of months, let me get your opinion on something. Its got a lot of features, if you play it as an oscillator it sounds stunningly beautiful. But as a basic low pass filter, it is.. well.. its a bit shit. The cutoff is lifeless and seems more like a volume control and the resonance knob does pretty much nothing until it's in the resonance zone. I've tested it with a Dixie 2+, an Instruo CS-L, Mother 32 and Plaits, always the same. To the point I've wondered if there's something wrong with mine. Am I missing something, is there some nuance of modular I'm being hit by here relating to voltages or some such, or is Filter 8 just not my 'jam' and being new-ish I'm not recognising that.
My last three modules are a little Joranalogue trio:

Generate 3
Filter 8
Oribit 3 (well, pre-ordered..)

Had Filter 8 for a few weeks now. I'm no filter expert, but a basic frequency sweep on one of the low pass outputs does sound pretty clean to me, which I guess could be characterised as "a bit shit" depending on what you're after. Resonance on mine is well audible from around 10 or 11pm on the knob for most inputs (try patching something with plenty of harmonics to pick up, like a low ish simple square or saw).

Edit: just to add, experiment with audio rate modulation and self patching it if you want to get less clean sounds out of it. I've not had it long so no specific patches to recommend, but theres defo lots of intereatung sounds to be found.

Stu B
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Stu B » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:37 am

ljwall83 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:31 am
Stu B wrote:
Foghorn wrote:

My last three modules are a little Joranalogue trio:

Generate 3
Filter 8
Oribit 3 (well, pre-ordered..)

Had Filter 8 for a few weeks now. I'm no filter expert, but a basic frequency sweep on one of the low pass outputs does sound pretty clean to me, which I guess could be characterised as "a bit shit" depending on what you're after. Resonance on mine is well audible from around 10 or 11pm on the knob for most inputs (try patching something with plenty of harmonics to pick up, like a low ish simple square or saw).

Edit: just to add, experiment with audio rate modulation and self patching it if you want to get less clean sounds out of it. I've not had it long so no specific patches to recommend, but theres defo lots of intereatung sounds to be found.

Cool, thankyou 👍🏻. I’ve been conscious that comparing it to my other filters on the Mother 32 and Qpas, which are pretty dramatic, might be unfair, and that the filter 8 is deliberately smooth and subtle. No harm in having options in the rack!

Phitar
Constantly Learning

Post by Phitar » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:40 am

paranormind wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:43 pm
Last.. three? You said last three? But I had a whole Pulp Logic 1U row to fill!
But it takes three 1U tiles to equal one "real" Euro module anyway, right? :hmm: :sstorm:

You're short one tile! :lol:

I really gotta do something about me not having any 1U stuff.
At the Enrichment Center we promise never to value your safety above your unique ideas and creativity. - Portal

In adddition to "More Cowbell!" everything should have more REVERB! :tu:

https://soundcloud.com/phitar

Muff McMuff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Muff McMuff » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:10 am

Stu B wrote:
Foghorn wrote:
I dont have a Filter 8 but i remember this Frank Murder video where he takes a very clean Intellijel uVCF and makes it fat and dirty. Apply some of this to your Filter 8 and see if you get any good results?

DigitalCrickets
Learning to Wiggle

Post by DigitalCrickets » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:39 am

Doepfer A182-2
ALM Pip Slope
Make Noise Maths
May the electrons always flow in your favor, and may the voltages remain under your control!
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1742730
https://digitalcrickets.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/digitalcrickets

optiprime8
Learning to Wiggle

Post by optiprime8 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:46 pm

Instruo/Divkid Ochd
Instruo Eas
Instruo Tain

They should sell them as a set.

OlivierWah
Common Wiggler

Post by OlivierWah » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:49 pm

QMMF-4
Addac 112
Ajh wave swarm

mog00
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mog00 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:39 pm

Veils ( control pre-order came and went in a flash)
Random*Source Serge resonant eq
RmlFx EFCcv

I guess I have a thing for all sorts of distortion, picked up a ruina versio earlier this year.

Foghorn
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Foghorn » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:45 am

Stu B wrote:
Foghorn wrote:
Sorry Stu
I followed the link to your post that was emailed to me, but somehow never saw it.
To answer, I have been using it as an oscillator and not that much as a filter.
I agree that it is hard to get any kind of stunning effects using it as a filter.
I basically want to know the answer to this also.
It is def not a Wasp filter.

BTW, I just love the VC resonance.
Especially when using it as a sound source.
Looking forward to more replies here.
Will everyone please stop posting here.
My GAS is getting bad :doh:
Stay Calm - We are in this forever
.......Steven Banks wannabe.......

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”