Voting open for your top 3 tracks in our Odd Meter Remix/ReMangle/Reimagine Challenge

Prizes generously donated by:
ADDAC System (Eurorack 3U)
Endorphin.es (Eurorack 3U)
Fred's Lab (DIY Paraphonic Synth)
Northern Light Modular (Buchla-format h-series OR Eurorack3U)
Rattly and Raw (Wiggler Approved Kontakt Instrument)
Studio.h (Buchla-format 4U)

Get your vote on and free 42 minute modular playlist for your listening pleasure.

Last Three Modules Purchased

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

red
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Last Three Modules Purchased

Post by red » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:04 am

proxy wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:18 pm
Wow. Was looking for discussion on the Black CV Tools and found this. So cool.
How do you like the Black CV Tools? Anyone love it?

Well, the "Black CV Tools" is useful in very many cases. I often need it to adjust CV ranges or to mix CV signals. Actually nothing exciting - but the module helps very well in specific situations... there are no "general" applications.
red

Nez
Common Wiggler

Post by Nez » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:00 pm

[/quote]

Do you have much experience of compressors (euro or otherwise)? I've taken my Waldorf out of me career but cannot seem to part with it. I can't work out of it does too much, or the plethora of much smaller compressors covers this totally..
:hmm:
I suspect it's be better to run audio high end vocals and see how it makes them.
[/quote]
it makes tiptop audio 808 and 909 kicks smile

4pples
Common Wiggler

Post by 4pples » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:01 pm

Bastl Waver, Bastl Kompas, Herbs and Stones Liquid Foam !

proxy
Common Wiggler

Post by proxy » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:33 pm

Schlappi Interstellar Radio
Doepfer Wasp
GSE Delta

also ordered a Disting Ex Plus Alpha, but that's on backorder. That will raise my number of Distings to 4 technically with 2 mk4.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :yay: :yay: :yay: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

bisquick
Wiggling with Experience

Post by bisquick » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:57 pm

ba1 wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:07 am
Recently bought an ALA, Benjolin V2. I love this! The extra features and layout make it much more useable for me compared to the Epoch version. (which I used to have) The Epoch might have had sightly more detail to the sound, but the ALA sounds great and seems to be capable of a wider palette.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "slightly more detail"?
Sounds delicous.

Morim
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Morim » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:37 pm

Patching panda Vibrazum v2
NE SincIter
Division 6 CEM3340 VCO

:)
Check out my project "P°ka YΠke" on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/Kszfy

ferran
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ferran » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:27 am

Lately expanding drum palette so...

WMD Kraken
WMD Fracture
2hp Euclid

lyesmel
Common Wiggler

Post by lyesmel » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:38 am

E-RM Polygogo - Very cool but not loving it as much as I expected. Great for textures/sound design, not as good for simple straight melodic stuff.
ALM Boss Bow Two - So useful and creative. Naturally, it pairs so well with the Squid Salmple and Pams.
Intellijel Atlantis - Incredible sounding, the SH101 I always wanted.

bravewave
Common Wiggler

Post by bravewave » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:52 am

bravewave wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:53 am
bravewave wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:48 pm
bravewave wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:10 am
bravewave wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:08 pm
Strakal Orsel - TouellSkouarn - Tube Distortion
Detect-Rx - Stady Stade Fade - Envelope Follower
Mindphaser - Hexinverter - Complex OSC ---> hopefully arriving soon !!!
things changes very fast, just ordered:
Voltage Mechanic - Livewire Electronics - Atenuverter, offset, mangle, sample&hold
A-172 - Doepfer - Maximum / Minimum Selector / Rectifier
last three modules:
Velectronic - A-Envelope - not only for polyfonic patches, has some rare twist
L-1 - Discrete Blacksea Quad VCA / Mixer - outstanding VCA
ADDAC 112 GranularSampler - I´ll give it a try, comming soon
Next three modues:
Befaco - STMIX - I use it as stereo submixer
Noise Engineering - Sinc Defero - to bend the Velectronic A-Envelope (output 10 V)
Xaoc Devices - Katowice - not shure where in the chain it`s usefull

Still waiting for ADDAC 112 GranularSampler
Ensemble Oscillator - 4ms Company - for Drones
DPLPG (Black) - MengQiMusic - for drums
CON (Normal - 5x Gain) - Rides In The Storm - external Reverb

skysaw
Common Wiggler

Post by skysaw » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:39 am

Contour 1
Muxlicer
tELHARMONIC

Hoping to add more wubble and blarft to my sound.

Foghorn
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Foghorn » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:03 pm

Joranalogue filter 8...this thing is deep and powerful
Soundmachines LS1 Lightstrip...I like it, it is just so easy
divkid OCHD...Well, everyone else has it and it has been so hard to get.
But, too soon to have an opinion.
Stay Calm - We are in this forever
.......Steven Banks wannabe.......

Phitar
Constantly Learning

Post by Phitar » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:43 pm

The latest of the " Want That! " list that is now on the " Got That! " list:

XAOC Warna II - was wanting to get some mult/mix utility to stick in the middle of the second rack. My first XAOC module for some reason. Just arrived about an hour ago.

ADDAC 805v2 VC Signal Router (DIY) - found myself reaching for a stereo cross fader and found I didn't have one. Had been wanting this for a while and it never seemed to be in stock (diy anyway) so when it popped back up at Synthcube I jumped on it.

Antimatter Audio Brain Seed cv recorder - wanted one of these since it came out, back when I was a lurking forum reader only and didn't even own a single module. One became available at a decent price and I didn't hesitate. Love it!

Edit=-> Just had a little time to play with the Warna II. Really like that the multi are normaled with the mixer. Offers a lot of opportunities for creating complex waveforms while splitting the original waves out to other stuff at the same time. :yay:
Last edited by Phitar on Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At the Enrichment Center we promise never to value your safety above your unique ideas and creativity. - Portal

In adddition to "More Cowbell!" everything should have more REVERB! :tu:

https://soundcloud.com/phitar

bmot
Ultra Wiggler

Post by bmot » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:58 pm

Recently got Jove 80, enjoying that a lot. My first eurorack filter, although I have a NLC LPG which I find is useful in more situations, love that thing

Just bought Radio Music from a user here on a whim, I think it’ll go well with Beads and just generally be a lot of fun. Waiting for that to arrive.

Also just swapped my noise station for NLC Digital Filter Simulator. Waiting on delivery. A bit of a strange one this, I didn’t know about it, but someone was selling with option to trade, and as I mentioned above I love my other NLC module, im sure it’ll be class. I was thinking of getting a waveshaper or distortion module, I am secretly hoping this might fulfill a little of that. Anyone using already?

Kingnimrod
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kingnimrod » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:15 pm

Music Thing Mini Drive (sounds great and easy to build)

a few Intellijel 1u bits and pieces

Trigger Riot (re-purchase)

s.l.o.w
Wiggling with Experience

Post by s.l.o.w » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:02 am

Erica Black Dual ASR EG - does the majority of what I use my Maths for in less HP
Erica Pico Trigger - more HP saving, using as clock divider and sometimes trigger sequencer, and replacing Pam's New Workout in one of my cases. The Pam's will have a good home in another case
Instruo Harmonaig - will be playing around with this in my "generative" case

everydaycurry
Wiggling with Experience

Post by everydaycurry » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:40 am

A trio of Quadratts

grainsaregood
Learning to Wiggle

Post by grainsaregood » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:39 am

Intellijel Planar 2 - amazing fun for controlling anything
Instruo Cs-L - finally pulling the plug on "complex VCO", I wish I hadn't waited that long
Instruo Lubadh - unexpected in many ways, still figuring it out, but so many possibilities

1n
Ultra Wiggler

Post by 1n » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:47 am

Blinds
Stages
Tides

completes my mostly Mutable Instruments set-up (plus a couple of modules by Make Noise, 2hp, and Pamela)

playable instruments + basic usefulness + generative functionality = transforms my clumsy self into a virtuoso & connoisseur

neumedi
Wiggling with Experience

Post by neumedi » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:00 am

Stymon Starlab
Acid Rain Chainsaw
1u Shakmat Time Apprentice to finally fill my 1u row

plragde
Common Wiggler

Post by plragde » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:15 am

Frap Tools Usta
Joranalogue Generate 3
u-he CVilization

Wagokreider
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Wagokreider » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:52 am

Make Noise Tempi
DivKid Ochd
Meng Qi DPLPG

skoolafish
Common Wiggler

Post by skoolafish » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:10 am

2hp mmf, tiptop forbidden planet, intellijel mixup

newvin
Learning to Wiggle

Post by newvin » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:02 am

Bending the rules with four modules that came in a single order yesterday.

ALM MCO oscillator, Tiptop Z4000 VC envelope, and Doepfer A-130 linear VCA: to form a "cheap" complementary voice next to the Mother-32 in a secondary case. A ton of fun so far, but I'm looking for a filter in exactly 6hp (or maybe up to 10hp if I move the Disting down to the second row) to round out that voice.

vpme.de T43 precision adder: have been craving a dedicated module for this function in my main case, and this one seemed accurate and interesting.

ManNegative
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ManNegative » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:03 pm

A pretty hefty order:

Intellijel Metropolix (+ gate expander): I've had no melodic sequencing up until now (save for using the poor MIDI interface on my NiftyCase which hides behind my TipTop 6U). I love this thing - it feels like the perfect combination between prescriptive and happy accident. So far I've really been digging the accumulators, the skip stages and setting the total sum of stage lengths to be something other than 8N for some interesting polymeter playtime.

Pamela's New Workout: I've had no master clock up until now (... save for using the poor MIDI interface on my NiftyCase which hides behind my TipTop 6U), and also no real time-synced modulation/triggering/patterns/control. PNW is living up to the hype, I love it.

4MS Ensemble Oscillator: I'd kind of misunderstood this going in (despite doing a lot of research/YouTube GASing), and was expecting it to behave more like a harmonic additive synthesis building set. I can see how it can still be used for that, but honestly, I've been having so much fun with the more conventional chords that I simply haven't dug into the additive side yet. The waveshaping and FM is brilliant, as are the controls around where the voices sit. My one very (very) minor gripe is that there's no CV control on the detune - I've found that in certain modes, playing the detune knob by hand gives it a My Bloody Valentine, Kevin Shields whammy bar swerve which sounds monster when the waves are already a bit hairy and it's playing into some stereo reverb. It took a bit of time to work out how to make this play nice with other oscillators (my lightbulb moment was realising that ROOT doesn't mean scale root), but now that I'm on it, it's great.

As a fourth bonus (it's been purchased but not delivered/built yet): Music Thing Modular's Radio Music. This thing looks like there's huge, huge scope for experimentation around less melodic, more Music Concret-y kind of exploration.

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:26 pm

stylesforfree wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:45 pm
Hexinverter Red Dragon - My desert island LPF. Been on the radar since day one and I constantly debated on whether or not to buy it whenever it was in stock, saw it on ebay for a super nice price but missed out. Then recently it popped up used again for a once in a blue moon bargain basement price, lesson learned previously so I snaffled it up.

Pittsburgh Lifeforms Double Helix - I have a make noise DPO but ultimately wanted to swap it out for another complex/dual VCO, its also another module I have lusted for since it was announced and was released but the timing was never right, I was either broke when it was in stock or out of stock when I had spare cash. So when I saw it pop up on ebay for a price I could not refuse. bang! bang! squeeze went the trigger. Beast of a VCO, meaty and raw.

Rossum Assimil8or - Idk what it is with my luck but just like the previous 2 modules I mentioned, this thing was ALWAYS out of stock, sells out in the blink of an eye. I was signed up to be notified when juno had it back in stock but the day they got some in it was sold out again within a few hours...soooo this time round I didn't even hesitate.
Three incredible choices. I was so close on the Double Helix a couple of times. Very complex.
grainsaregood wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:39 am
Intellijel Planar 2 - amazing fun for controlling anything
Instruo Cs-L - finally pulling the plug on "complex VCO", I wish I hadn't waited that long
Instruo Lubadh - unexpected in many ways, still figuring it out, but so many possibilities
Awe inspiring. I have a Planar and am considering a big Instruo voice.

My newest last three are (I think):

Recovery Effects - Cutting Room Floor
EMW - Fixed Filter Bank
Behringer - ARP 1047 VCF/Resonator

CRF - love and will use it most likely forever -small space, small price and unique sound.
EMW FFB - is not a true FFB, but for the money I am willing to experiment for a year or so.
BARP 1047 - keeper. Space taker, but sounds way better than I thought it could. Price is excellent. The 1006 Filter/Amp is also mind blowing for the price point.

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”