Voting open for your top 3 tracks in our Odd Meter Remix/ReMangle/Reimagine Challenge

Prizes generously donated by:
ADDAC System (Eurorack 3U)
Endorphin.es (Eurorack 3U)
Fred's Lab (DIY Paraphonic Synth)
Northern Light Modular (Buchla-format h-series OR Eurorack3U)
Rattly and Raw (Wiggler Approved Kontakt Instrument)
Studio.h (Buchla-format 4U)

Get your vote on and free 42 minute modular playlist for your listening pleasure.

Last Three Modules Purchased

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

LordKrud
Common Wiggler

Re: Last Three Modules Purchased

Post by LordKrud » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:07 am

yeatsvisitslincoln wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 11:38 am
Intellijel Quadrax
SSF Vortices
ALM Headphone Output
How has this arrangement been working for you?

I’ve been considering getting Vortices and an HPO for my output plus all the utility available with the vortices.

And to answer the op question

Happy Nerding FX AID XL
Make Noise QPAS
Xaoc Batumi

Powerdwarf
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Powerdwarf » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:27 am

doepfer a155, 154 and 156 :hihi:

Fin25
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Fin25 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:39 am

AJH Synths Finaliser

British Noise Electronics Grit

Future Sound Systems TG-5

All three currently hard at work making my Model:Cycles sound like Mephistopheles' post dinner flatulence.

msegarra
Veteran Wiggler

Post by msegarra » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:45 am

A-130-, quadigy, mutant brain. I’m beginning to make good decisions in my modular synth because my income is really crappy now because I had a stroke in 2017 at 26 years old.

jmsole
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jmsole » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:39 am

Cosmotronic Cosmix
Żłob Entropy2
Five12 Vector Sequencer

All pretty great additions that have changed things for me quite a bit. Having a mixer with mutes and aux out has changed how I'm able to combine things and make transitions. The drive circuit is just great as well although it requires a light hand.

The Entropy is just cool and I appreciate having proper noise out. It's a pretty easy build too.

The Vector is quite different to my previous sequencers (started with a Rene MK1, then a TSNM MK1 [which is do miss a bit] and a Westlich Per|former). It feels more conducive to getting things done for me, and pushing sequences in different directions is easier and smoother, while still making it easy for you to be in control. Being able to sequence midi is also pretty great and although I do like the Per|former a lot when using it with my Nord Drum 2, there's something about sequencing it with the Vector that just feels more natural to me and I get control over velocity without having to use a whole new track.

Mtdining
Common Wiggler

Post by Mtdining » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:24 pm

Beads, Data, Panharmonium. Beads made me so I happy I realized I'm an effects, sound design guy. I waited to pull the trigger on Beads because I have Arbhar, but they are quite different. I'm hoping Data will help me understand CV better.

stylesforfree
Wiggling with Experience

Post by stylesforfree » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:45 pm

Hexinverter Red Dragon - My desert island LPF. Been on the radar since day one and I constantly debated on whether or not to buy it whenever it was in stock, saw it on ebay for a super nice price but missed out. Then recently it popped up used again for a once in a blue moon bargain basement price, lesson learned previously so I snaffled it up.

Pittsburgh Lifeforms Double Helix - I have a make noise DPO but ultimately wanted to swap it out for another complex/dual VCO, its also another module I have lusted for since it was announced and was released but the timing was never right, I was either broke when it was in stock or out of stock when I had spare cash. So when I saw it pop up on ebay for a price I could not refuse. bang! bang! squeeze went the trigger. Beast of a VCO, meaty and raw.

Rossum Assimil8or - Idk what it is with my luck but just like the previous 2 modules I mentioned, this thing was ALWAYS out of stock, sells out in the blink of an eye. I was signed up to be notified when juno had it back in stock but the day they got some in it was sold out again within a few hours...soooo this time round I didn't even hesitate.

Mtdining
Common Wiggler

Post by Mtdining » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:47 pm

Assimil8or is awesome!

dvdmllr
Common Wiggler

Post by dvdmllr » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:32 pm

Assimil8or
Cosmotronic Cosmix
ALM Tyso Daiko (couldn't resist - I may have a soft spot for Eurorack drums)

PhineasFreak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by PhineasFreak » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:49 pm

i'm in the process of trying to decide on possible changes to some stylings of future ryo modules and maybe a facelift of the whole range aesthetics-wise - so i reinstalled a buncha dormant ryo modules, and hence rediscovered how fun/useful these are:

- RYO Ampmix: i find endless uses for amplifying things, not just CVs but also overdriving / saturating VCAs, VCFs, Mixers, and pretty much anything else with an audio input.
- RYO Optodist: it was only when recently getting round to writing manuals for these [dating back as far as 2013 - yes i know, been on my to do list...] i was reminded you can ping and pluck it as well as get weird stuff outta the led limiter - nice weird distortion funs.
- RYO VC Sequencer/Trig Xpander: was tring to get to grips with harmonaig and this became my sequencing source for a few hrs - the complexity achievable in a generative patch is awesome, and then i discovered it can do a variety of analogue logic type stuff!
Last edited by PhineasFreak on Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paranormind
Wiggling with Experience

Post by paranormind » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:54 pm

After almost a year not buying any modules, I pulled the trigger again:

- Assimil8or
- Beads
- Expert Sleepers ES-9
- QuBit Chord V2
- Intellijel Dual VCA
- FX Aid

yeatsvisitslincoln
Common Wiggler

Post by yeatsvisitslincoln » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:15 pm

LordKrud wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:07 am
Intellijel Quadrax
SSF Vortices
ALM Headphone Output

I’ve been considering getting Vortices and an HPO for my output plus all the utility available with the vortices.
You might need some attenuators on the output of Vortices to HPO. Basically, it sounds like the output on Vortices can go up to 23 Vpp and I think it clips a bit on the inputs to HPO. See here: viewtopic.php?p=3622139#p3622139

Passive attenuators worked fine. But, the situation I envisioned for this didn't work out, so I've been using Vortices as a submixer for effects or drums and running it into DLD or Performance Mixer depending on application. Very versatile. Feedback patching has been fun with the effects if you're into that.

LordKrud
Common Wiggler

Post by LordKrud » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:38 pm

Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:15 pm
LordKrud wrote:
Intellijel Quadrax
SSF Vortices
ALM Headphone Output

You might need some attenuators on the output of Vortices to HPO. Basically, it sounds like the output on Vortices can go up to 23 Vpp and I think it clips a bit on the inputs to HPO. See here: viewtopic.php?p=3622139#p3622139

Passive attenuators worked fine. But, the situation I envisioned for this didn't work out, so I've been using Vortices as a submixer for effects or drums and running it into DLD or Performance Mixer depending on application. Very versatile. Feedback patching has been fun with the effects if you're into that.
I did see that the max output is quite hot. I didn’t notice the mention of the HPO specifically in that thread but thanks for the heads up. At least I have attenuators if needed. I also don’t know how cranked I would run the vortices. Probably mostly utilize it’s I/o possibilities and get some color to the sound.

yeatsvisitslincoln
Common Wiggler

Post by yeatsvisitslincoln » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:46 pm

LordKrud wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:38 pm
LordKrud wrote:
Intellijel Quadrax
SSF Vortices
ALM Headphone Output

I did see that the max output is quite hot. I didn’t notice the mention of the HPO specifically in that thread but thanks for the heads up. At least I have attenuators if needed. I also don’t know how cranked I would run the vortices. Probably mostly utilize it’s I/o possibilities and get some color to the sound.
Really just the generic comment. The op amp that the HPO uses is only rated for 15-18 Vpp max. I'd go the attenuator route or look at something like the WMD Pro Output that can take 23 Vpp in. The Vortices gets fun when it's maxed out... that's where you can really change the color. Or adding a DC offset on one of the mono channels to push clipping in one direction or another and change the symmetry of the wave forms when they clip.

LordKrud
Common Wiggler

Post by LordKrud » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:23 am

Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:46 pm
LordKrud wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:38 pm
LordKrud wrote:
Intellijel Quadrax
SSF Vortices
ALM Headphone Output

Really just the generic comment. The op amp that the HPO uses is only rated for 15-18 Vpp max. I'd go the attenuator route or look at something like the WMD Pro Output that can take 23 Vpp in. The Vortices gets fun when it's maxed out... that's where you can really change the color. Or adding a DC offset on one of the mono channels to push clipping in one direction or another and change the symmetry of the wave forms when they clip.
Where did you find that info for the HPO?
I couldn’t even find a manual for it (not that I’d imagine there is much to be said)

yeatsvisitslincoln
Common Wiggler

Post by yeatsvisitslincoln » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:50 am

LordKrud wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:23 am
I couldn’t even find a manual for it (not that I’d imagine there is much to be said)
I looked at the module. Was curious myself after the 23 Vpp comment.

LordKrud
Common Wiggler

Post by LordKrud » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:04 am

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:50 am
LordKrud wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:23 am
I looked at the module. Was curious myself after the 23 Vpp comment.
Oh ok so you have an HPO and it usees some of the TL07xx op amps?

Did you try the vortices through it or just move to something else after seeing that thread?

mhtones
Dreams in CV

Post by mhtones » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:12 am

A-138m Matrix Mixer
Moddemix v2
Bifold
A-151 v2 Sequential Switch

The Moddemix, Bifold and A-151 were bought as a bundle so not sure which one is 4th. :oops: Spicing things up with some utilities. :party:
FS (US): Instruo Tain, Behringer Pro-1, HP Analog Oscilloscope (Pro-1 & Scope pickup only in SF Bay Area)
WTB (US):

the_laconic
Wiggling with Experience

Post by the_laconic » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:49 pm

Two Intellijel Noise Tools and a second Intellijel Mixup (and before that, two Intellijel Stereo Outs). Due to the Great Viral F*ckup and the Great Labor and Components Shortage that ensued, I gave up on waiting for an IJ Performance case, and realized I'd probably be better off with two of the long Palettes, because as a novice I prefer to work with smaller systems anyway. The obstacle is the way. This means I get twice the 1U space I had planned for. Which means doubling up on some key modules.
The Laconic

GuyaGuy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GuyaGuy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:00 am

Xaoc Kamieniec
Xaoc Sarajewo
Intellijel Quadrax

First two are aces. Still learning the ins and outs of the Quadrax. Literally.

bravewave
Common Wiggler

Post by bravewave » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:53 am

bravewave wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:48 pm
bravewave wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:10 am
bravewave wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:08 pm
Strakal Orsel - TouellSkouarn - Tube Distortion
Detect-Rx - Stady Stade Fade - Envelope Follower
Mindphaser - Hexinverter - Complex OSC ---> hopefully arriving soon !!!
things changes very fast, just ordered:
Voltage Mechanic - Livewire Electronics - Atenuverter, offset, mangle, sample&hold
A-172 - Doepfer - Maximum / Minimum Selector / Rectifier
last three modules:
Velectronic - A-Envelope - not only for polyfonic patches, has some rare twist
L-1 - Discrete Blacksea Quad VCA / Mixer - outstanding VCA
ADDAC 112 GranularSampler - I´ll give it a try, comming soon
Next three modues:
Befaco - STMIX - I use it as stereo submixer
Noise Engineering - Sinc Defero - to bend the Velectronic A-Envelope (output 10 V)
Xaoc Devices - Katowice - not shure where in the chain it`s usefull

Still waiting for ADDAC 112 GranularSampler

Bignorthumbrian
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Bignorthumbrian » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:43 am

Maths
Blinds
Shelves
here hare here!

Lolo73
Common Wiggler

Post by Lolo73 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:49 am

melodicer
a bunch of 3 x duskwork VCO III (count as one shot ?)
Expert Sleepers General CV

DCDanno
Wiggling with Experience

Post by DCDanno » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:41 am

Synthesis Technology E440 (yowza)
TipTop zDSP Mk2
Addac T-Netowrk 103

WarpHead
Veteran Wiggler

Post by WarpHead » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:47 am