Announcing: Synthesizers.com Manufacturer Sub-Forum

Please check out the new sub-forum by following the link above. It is nice to have another manufacturer onboard and opening another direct communication line to potential and existing customers

Toppobrillo Sport Modulator 2- discussion and signup

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..
noises
Common Wiggler

Re: Toppobrillo Sport Modulator 2- discussion and signup

Post by noises »

Conical Waves wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:45 am
toppobrillo wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:40 am [media][/media]
Conical Waves wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:18 pm sm.pngit's a simple panel, ugly font. bad kerning-ugly module.
thank you for this valuable contribution❤️
simple fix! it's one of the best modules. I know it doesn't matter, I already have mine (1 and 2), but it bugs me.
Do you design panels? If so, maybe you could propose some changes so they can be implemented in the next batch.
Aleksey
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Aleksey »

Patched it blind last night, just wiggling. It's insane. Looking forward to see the official user's guide or a video walkthrough.

paging DivKid...

Oh, I really like the look as well with a silver panel. Font is cute & unique. At least it looks clean.
Raymond
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Raymond »

It’s been something like four months now it’s in my rack now. There is so much to do with it. It feels like it will take me years to try everything.
PapaLazarou
Common Wiggler

Post by PapaLazarou »

Aleksey wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:48 pm Patched it blind last night, just wiggling. It's insane. Looking forward to see the official user's guide or a video walkthrough.

paging DivKid...

Oh, I really like the look as well with a silver panel. Font is cute & unique. At least it looks clean.
There's a pretty useful patch notes pdf somewhere in this thread
PapaLazarou
Common Wiggler

Post by PapaLazarou »

Naive Teen Idol wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:18 pm It does not (to my knowledge). I am only weighing in bc Josh has (rightfully) prioritized shipping modules over finishing the manual and received some annoying heat from a handful of squeaky wheels about it.

However, this amazing illustrated patch manual does exist: download/file.php?id=113471

Perhaps food for a MN-Meets-SM2 video?
For the guy above
Conical Waves
Common Wiggler

Post by Conical Waves »

toppobrillo wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:04 am
Conical Waves wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:18 pm sm.pngit's a simple panel, ugly font. bad kerning-ugly module.
simple fix! it's one of the best modules. I know it doesn't matter, I already have mine (1 and 2), but it bugs me.
curious to see what you think would look good. glad u like the module
Yes, happy to do/help. It's not a big deal. If you like that font, can't argue,-to me it looks like a font with bold turned on-without a "bold" font available. kerning should look better than that, sometimes "auto" doesn't work. Just being picky. don't really care, as it's an essential module.
Aleksey
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Aleksey »

PapaLazarou wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:58 am
Naive Teen Idol wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:18 pm It does not (to my knowledge). I am only weighing in bc Josh has (rightfully) prioritized shipping modules over finishing the manual and received some annoying heat from a handful of squeaky wheels about it.

However, this amazing illustrated patch manual does exist: download/file.php?id=113471

For the guy above
Thank you! I’ve seen this before, forgot to bookmark then. I’ll be referencing to this for a while when I’m patching SM2. After a quick scan tho, I was able to get way wilder modulations just by patching blind. That’s very exciting for me. Also, I read synth manuals for fun *nerdalert*
toppobrillo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by toppobrillo »

Conical Waves wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:21 am
toppobrillo wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:04 am
curious to see what you think would look good. glad u like the module
Yes, happy to do/help. It's not a big deal. If you like that font, can't argue,-to me it looks like a font with bold turned on-without a "bold" font available. kerning should look better than that, sometimes "auto" doesn't work. Just being picky. don't really care, as it's an essential module.
it's actually artificially de-bolded, but yeah same concept.. I see the spacing between the G and A as being funny lookin relative to the rest of the line of text, but it's not worth hundreds in tooling costs to fix. I just hope it's legible and easy on the eyes for most ppl
ljwall83
Common Wiggler

Post by ljwall83 »

It defo is legible and, this is subjective, but I like the look and the font is fine for me.

I have quite a few modules I like in spite of their aesthetics, but the Sport Modulator isn't one of them!
PapaLazarou
Common Wiggler

Post by PapaLazarou »

Aleksey wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:47 am
PapaLazarou wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:58 am

For the guy above
Thank you! I’ve seen this before, forgot to bookmark then. I’ll be referencing to this for a while when I’m patching SM2. After a quick scan tho, I was able to get way wilder modulations just by patching blind. That’s very exciting for me. Also, I read synth manuals for fun *nerdalert*
:lol: agreed, quickly scanned the patch notes but have mostly just been going in blind and seeing what happens. Some of the most fun I've had in a while, thing is incredible.
Jumbuktu
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jumbuktu »

Aleksey wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:48 pm paging DivKid...
His video on the original SM is still there:
metamorphmuses
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by metamorphmuses »

Heads up to anyone looking, there's an "open box" SM2 up for auction on eBay right now. The seller is based in Pennsylvania, with the auction ending at 9 PM Eastern time.

I have no involvement with this sale, just leaving the info.
toppobrillo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by toppobrillo »

metamorphmuses wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:34 pm Heads up to anyone looking, there's an "open box" SM2 up for auction on eBay right now. The seller is based in Pennsylvania, with the auction ending at 9 PM Eastern time.

oh some rando pawn shop ,.. very weird.
metamorphmuses
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by metamorphmuses »

toppobrillo wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:46 am
metamorphmuses wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:34 pm Heads up to anyone looking, there's an "open box" SM2 up for auction on eBay right now. The seller is based in Pennsylvania, with the auction ending at 9 PM Eastern time.

Yeah, I thought so too.
toppobrillo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by toppobrillo »

metamorphmuses wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:19 am

Yeah, I thought so too.
I sent them a message- this module was shipped, new , to a customer within the last 2-3 weeks. pretty suspect
bc3
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bc3 »

Scam for sure...
jheronymo
Ultra Wiggler

Post by jheronymo »

bc3 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:01 am

Scam for sure...
The background in the photo is consistent with the Ebay shop’s other items, it’s feasible they do indeed have one.

As to why it ended up there, I guess could be a customer pawned it immediately for personal reasons. Or it got stolen and pawned. Anyone’s guess.

A great chance to cop some Yeezy’s at the same time.
toppobrillo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by toppobrillo »

jheronymo wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:32 pm
bc3 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:01 am

Scam for sure...
The background in the photo is consistent with the Ebay shop’s other items, it’s feasible they do indeed have one.

As to why it ended up there, I guess could be a customer pawned it immediately for personal reasons. Or it got stolen and pawned. Anyone’s guess.

A great chance to cop some Yeezy’s at the same time.
did not doubt that they had the item, was curious as to how it was purchased. anyway it sold for 150$! just hope it doesn't come up that it was stolen er somethin is all , could be legit, idk, I messaged the seller about it.
toppobrillo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by toppobrillo »

Yeah, I thought so too.
Actually turns out this was shady. this module was stolen from someones porch in Philly 12 days ago or so. sucks. If someone here bought it (?) you should return it to the seller, who ought to return it to my customer, if they aren't shit heads. He's got to file a police report tho I think,
metamorphmuses
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by metamorphmuses »

toppobrillo wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:58 pm

Yeah, I thought so too.
Actually turns out this was shady. this module was stolen from someones porch in Philly 12 days ago or so. sucks. If someone here bought it (?) you should return it to the seller, who ought to return it to my customer, if they aren't shit heads. He's got to file a police report tho I think,
Sad. What a shitty state of affairs.
jheronymo
Ultra Wiggler

Post by jheronymo »

Aw that sucks :( hope they’re able to get it back somehow.

I think pawn shops are generally required to keep records of sales and cooperate with law enforcement if they handle stolen goods. Not that it always solves a case like this.

eBay also has a stolen goods policy.
noises
Common Wiggler

Post by noises »

That's what I figured, a stolen package.
cheapimitation
Common Wiggler

Post by cheapimitation »

Happy owner of SM2 - what are peoples fav ways of using this module? I'm confused!
toppobrillo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by toppobrillo »

noises wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:49 pm That's what I figured, a stolen package.
good news- the module was recovered and picked up by it's rightful owner. the pawn shop was very cool about it.

"Happy owner of SM2 - what are peoples fav ways of using this module? I'm confused!"

what are you confused about? you could work through the patch examples mdoudroff has compiled to start, i think it's a few pages back.
noises
Common Wiggler

Post by noises »

Awe, that's great news. :rastanana:

I have a preorder in for the next batch and hoping that the next batch will be realized. :goo:

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”