Announcing: Synthesizers.com Manufacturer Sub-Forum

Please check out the new sub-forum by following the link above. It is nice to have another manufacturer onboard and opening another direct communication line to potential and existing customers

Toppobrillo Sport Modulator 2- discussion and signup

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..
Del
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Toppobrillo Sport Modulator 2- discussion and signup

Post by Del »

autopilote wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:53 pm just got mine delivered today. the original order was #1642 and the payment order was #2381.
A bit confusing. My original order number was 1929, but my paid order number is 2397. According to the order information, they are shipped in order of when payment is made. If yours was already shipped and delivered, I’m a bit surprised mine isn’t on the way yet.
autopilote
Learning to Wiggle

Post by autopilote »

Del wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:37 pm
autopilote wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:53 pm just got mine delivered today. the original order was #1642 and the payment order was #2381.
A bit confusing. My original order number was 1929, but my paid order number is 2397. According to the order information, they are shipped in order of when payment is made. If yours was already shipped and delivered, I’m a bit surprised mine isn’t on the way yet.
tbf, mine took a week to actually ship after i received the "a shipment from order XXX is on the way."
Del
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Del »

autopilote wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:51 pm
tbf, mine took a week to actually ship after i received the "a shipment from order XXX is on the way."
I haven’t gotten a notice like that either.
pinkbabyhead
Learning to Wiggle

Post by pinkbabyhead »

I’m payment order #2382. No emails and the rack space is waiting.
TME
Common Wiggler

Post by TME »

Del wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:38 pm
autopilote wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:51 pm
I haven’t gotten a notice like that either.
Nor I, ordered in the 1600s and paid #2385. Hopefully, good things coming very soon :beer:.
toppobrillo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by toppobrillo »

we are pushing these out as fast as we can, depending on how many black or silver panels end up on the done tray, there may be some staggered fulfillments, thanks fer yer patience and support!
Mtdining
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Mtdining »

Mine is out for delivery! Is there a manual?? (Not that I actually use manuals nearly as much as I ought)
magicdust
Wiggling with Experience

Post by magicdust »

Just tried getting some fruity distortions out of this. Sent a drum loop through after a 12 bit filter and used a resonant filter for manipulating the S&h input. Got some really crunchy stuff going on. Ran It in parallel with the dry signal and it sound weighty and weird. So many ways to apply this module.
paarasat
Learning to Wiggle

Post by paarasat »

My preorder #17xx just rolled in the door, thanks to the hardest working mailperson in the County of Cook. Thanks to them and Josh and Co!
I've been chasing a sport modulator for years, from before i fully understood what one was. I went into debt to get mine.
For reals.
Over all i'm amazed at how smooth and pain free this transaction was. Consider: it was a redesign, a part time labor of love in a time of plague, with supply constraints, lunar new year and botched panels.Yet here it is.
Now there is only one module missing from me being in total Serge alike bliss...
Wave Multipliers Mk 2.
So Josh, what's the time table? ;-)
Live from Elderly Storage Unit #7200
Aleksey
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Aleksey »

magicdust wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:14 pm Just tried getting some fruity distortions out of this. Sent a drum loop through after a 12 bit filter and used a resonant filter for manipulating the S&h input. Got some really crunchy stuff going on. Ran It in parallel with the dry signal and it sound weighty and weird. So many ways to apply this module.
Have you recorded any of it? Sounds interesting as I'm waiting for a SM2 & just spent half of my weekend routing my PO32 through my various processing chains. Been a while since I enjoyed myself this much with all the hilarious happy accidents between complex modulation, delay lines and PO's punch in effects.
Jumbuktu
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jumbuktu »

SM2 arrived in yesterday's mail. Initial reaction: spent a fun hour with it before bedtime. Easier to patch than I expected - but the details will require a bit of thought and experimenting.

One promising patch strategy: set up something that works with one half driving the other half then look for a way of patching feedback from the second half back to the first half.
Mtdining
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Mtdining »

Plugging the output of this into Data is a huge help. I'm so glad I picked up on the MW buzz and got this! Complex audio rate modulation is just the thing to break me out of a rut. I dearly love my new Polygogo, which led me to running variations on the same patch - Marbles>Vector Space> for a week>MOE(quantizing)> Polygogo + a second VCO, also from Vector Space. Self-patching SM2 I got a complex audio rate evolving wave>fm input of Shapeshifter>Panharmonium. A completely new avenue for exploration.
Spanningtree
Loop free patching via 802.1d

Post by Spanningtree »

The v1 modulator indicates a max of about 30 seconds/cycle when used as an LFO, is that the same for the v2?
Aleksey
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Aleksey »

Should be getting mine tomorrow if the USPS guy is not hangover from tonight. Quite excited as I have no clue how it’ll play with the patching I have going on.
toppobrillo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by toppobrillo »

Spanningtree wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:47 am The v1 modulator indicates a max of about 30 seconds/cycle when used as an LFO, is that the same for the v2?
Just using the rate knob, yes something like that- with CV , it can take as long as you want.
Conical Waves
Common Wiggler

Post by Conical Waves »

first 5+ mins after getting it!

first 20min SM>Ruina V, last 10 mins, Joranalogue G3 controlled by SM. Same patch, mostly. Raw recording, no edits, no added effects.
Conical Waves
Common Wiggler

Post by Conical Waves »

sm.png
sm.png (58.02 KiB) Viewed 478 times
it's a simple panel, ugly font. bad kerning-ugly module.
Conical Waves
Common Wiggler

Post by Conical Waves »

dupe
toppobrillo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by toppobrillo »

[media][/media]
Conical Waves wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:18 pm sm.pngit's a simple panel, ugly font. bad kerning-ugly module.
thank you for this valuable contribution❤️
Conical Waves
Common Wiggler

Post by Conical Waves »

Conical Waves wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:18 pm sm.pngit's a simple panel, ugly font. bad kerning-ugly module. AWESOME MODULE. simple fix for the panel.
metamorphmuses
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by metamorphmuses »

on second thought, nevermind
Last edited by metamorphmuses on Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conical Waves
Common Wiggler

Post by Conical Waves »

toppobrillo wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:40 am [media][/media]
Conical Waves wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:18 pm sm.pngit's a simple panel, ugly font. bad kerning-ugly module.
simple fix! it's one of the best modules. I know it doesn't matter, I already have mine (1 and 2), but it bugs me.
Conical Waves
Common Wiggler

Post by Conical Waves »

metamorphmuses wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:44 am *coughs* Noise Engineering *coughs* Make Noise *coughs*
? yes, the kerning on NE modules isn't great, MN is, on all that I looked at.
toppobrillo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by toppobrillo »

Conical Waves wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:45 am
toppobrillo wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:40 am [media][/media]
simple fix! it's one of the best modules. I know it doesn't matter, I already have mine (1 and 2), but it bugs me.
curious to see what you think would look good. glad u like the module
mermott
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mermott »

Shipping notice for SM2 and MF2 received on my birthday, how did you know ?

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”