mannequins mangrove availability?

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

southberry
Wiggling with Experience

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by southberry »

people get over your frustration ... this because of reactions like yours that they go on vacation ...
like the bashing on the cryptic module descriptions that pushed them to avoid this forum in the first place ...
you're so angry you sounds like an internet troll.
Crossing fingers patiently to get one
hypnoz
Common Wiggler

Post by hypnoz »

southberry wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:07 am people get over your frustration ... this because of reactions like yours that they go on vacation ...
like the bashing on the cryptic module descriptions that pushed them to avoid this forum in the first place ...

They bring it on themselves when they could take 10m to post updates and avoid all of the frustration. It’s 100% on them and their lack of communication
Powerdwarf
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Powerdwarf »

southberry wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:07 am people get over your frustration ... this because of reactions like yours that they go on vacation ...
are they holy cow or what? they take ppls money, like a lot of. what a sensitive beings they are! lifting their noses, ignoring everybody to avoid feedback on the stuff they make.
Bartimaeus
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Bartimaeus »

modwiggler =/= everybody lol
Rooter Tooter
Common Wiggler

Post by Rooter Tooter »

The new (to me) packaging for Mangrove and Cold Mac is really lovely. I’d be surprised if the new Mangrove didn’t see a wider release. It’s extremely solid in build, nothing that suggests prototype in any way. Right up there with Natural Gate and some of the Verbos stuff in build quality. Pairs well with all the other modules in the line. Lots and lots to explore - which to me makes their modules such a great value. They took their time and it shows.

My sense is that these guys don’t give a flip about scalability and just want to make something they enjoy and share it with people. Kind of the original notion behind eurorack (and most good things) no?
VibratingMotorGate
Common Wiggler

Post by VibratingMotorGate »

Rooter Tooter wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:13 pm My sense is that these guys don’t give a flip about scalability and just want to make something they enjoy and share it with people. Kind of the original notion behind eurorack (and most good things) no?
I'm sorry, but that is absolutely ludicrous. How are people going to enjoy something they can't get? How many people are going to miss out on the thing they already can't get, but because of price (due to scalability)? The original notion behind eurorack was literally the opposite of what you just said! I can't even right now with this, but I digress. So... technology right? Technology go up, price go down, woah. Uh oh, but look at that: demand go up! Look, there is no "notion" of eurorack, it was born out of necessity and material conditions.
Last edited by VibratingMotorGate on Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desolationjones
Veteran Wiggler

Post by desolationjones »

The amount of FOMO-fueled rage on this forum is what’s ludicrous. It’s an oscillator, folks. Take the cash you had been saving up for this one and buy a different one. It’s not any different than failing to get a seat at a popular restaurant. You’re not starving, you just need to walk down the street to a different place to have dinner.
VibratingMotorGate
Common Wiggler

okay, well instead of dribble drabble... I'm out here teaching basic economy. The buck always stops with whoever "sold" an item (only to have raffles and charities?! lmao!).
desolationjones
Veteran Wiggler

Post by desolationjones »

Your “basic economy” is also why every Michelin-starred restaurant should expand until they are as large as Applebee’s and start a delivery service, right?
VibratingMotorGate
Common Wiggler

you know, it's amazing to me how just how cucked we have become as consumers. Literally this same exact shit tried to fly 10 years ago... and it didn't. Look's like we're going to need a... Plan B.
drxcm
Ultra Wiggler

Post by drxcm »

desolationjones wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:42 pm The amount of FOMO-fueled rage on this forum is what’s ludicrous. It’s an oscillator, folks. Take the cash you had been saving up for this one and buy a different one. It’s not any different than failing to get a seat at a popular restaurant. You’re not starving, you just need to walk down the street to a different place to have dinner.
This
Rooter Tooter
Common Wiggler

Post by Rooter Tooter »

VibratingMotorGate wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:31 pm
Rooter Tooter wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:13 pm My sense is that these guys don’t give a flip about scalability and just want to make something they enjoy and share it with people. Kind of the original notion behind eurorack (and most good things) no?
I'm sorry, but that is absolutely ludicrous. How are people going to enjoy something they can't get? How many people are going to miss out on the thing they already can't get, but because of price (due to scalability)? The original notion behind eurorack was literally the opposite of what you just said! I can't even right now with this, but I digress. So... technology right? Technology go up, price go down, woah. Uh oh, but look at that: demand go up! Look, there is no "notion" of eurorack, it was born out of necessity and material conditions.
I’ll ignore the discourteous trollitude. But seriously, aside from the new Mangrove, these modules have been out for what? Six, seven years? Not saying there haven’t been availability issues the last year or so but sheesh.
Snufflepuff
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Snufflepuff »

In the meantime, you can try making your own Mangrove by triggering an envelope. I like to use Tides, as you can change the shape and slope without altering the period. Then add some soft-clipping at the end:

https://www.modwiggler.com/forum/viewto ... e#p3425873
szzdz
Common Wiggler

Post by szzdz »

there are tons of folks here and elsewhere with mannequins instruments. they’ve been available for years. my experience with Trent has been very positive - both buying direct and getting support.
Placid Mouse
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Placid Mouse »

I'm sure the creators of the modules are awesome people and I don't wish them any Ill will. With this in mind I still think It's ok to air our grievances about how we, the consumer are communicated with, by a company we are keen to give our business, in this case, Mannequins by Whimsical Raps. Said company can act however they like, and they will get business, they are in a great position for a supplier. A super cool manufacturer with incredible modules and lots of potential for continued contributions to this amazing scene. I've had quick responses from mannequins in the past that answered my questions perfectly, I was very satisfied and that left me feeling really good.

As I mentioned earlier I owned a Mangrove and a Three Sisters and sold them both for below rrp because even though I could have got more money I just wanted to offer a fair price for a used piece of music equipment. I now find myself in a situation where I would love to get my hands on a Just Friends and reunite myself with the Three Sisters. I think this thread became a place for us to all talk about the current availability of modules from Mannequins in general.

As a potential customer, I was just hoping for a little more communication if possible, we had the update which was great, however, at this point I feel like we deserve to know roughly when we can expect to make an investment?

For example... I put aside some money for these modules so I could treat myself to these beauts, however, if these modules are going to be extremely difficult for me to get hold of, is it worth me getting something else for now and buying them again in say 8 months when the next big batch is available?. If/when they are available will I definitely be able to get one? ...(seeing as I was on a waiting list for close to two years I would kinda hope so.) Would some sort of deposit be an option? I'd be willing to put down some cash to secure a purchase. At this point, I feel like "WOW I really hope I'm lucky enough to be able to give you my money!"

With a lottery-based system, I could potentially be in a situation where I could wait many many years and still not get one, only to find they are discontinued. In which case I would move on to something else but feel a little disappointed that I hadn't the chance to try these particular modules.

Discussing our frustrations with music technology is a valuable part of the forum for me and I hope that we can continue to talk about this manufacturer and other members of this forum respectfully. Yes, it's a given that these are "entitled problems" kinda topics by nature, but I don't think that discussing our hangups with a certain release or product roll-out is a detrimental thing to this community.
Lurker
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Lurker »

^ tldr:

weeeeeeh they wont take my money :moneyburn:

now I don't know what to buy :waah:

yes I know this sounds entitled but this is a valuable and important discussion that adds to our community :omg:
James_S
Veteran Wiggler

Post by James_S »

I find it bizarre that people think it's unacceptable to complain when a company charges over the odds for their own modules via a lottery system and then disappears off the grid (again) whilst people have no idea when they'll arrive.
Last edited by James_S on Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
cinnatoastg
Veteran Wiggler

Post by cinnatoastg »

56EB8D54-0FB3-457F-BBE7-41BD09076247.gif
56EB8D54-0FB3-457F-BBE7-41BD09076247.gif (307.73 KiB) Viewed 325 times
Rooter Tooter
Common Wiggler

Post by Rooter Tooter »

Prior to Covidtimes, the Mannequins line would sell out fast but not “boutique guitar pedal” fast. In the USA, Control, Control Voltage, Analogue Haven would have them in stock for a number of days, sometimes longer. I know this because I tend to have a monthly debate about acquiring another Just Friends.

It all comes down to watching those store websites. Probably futile over this past year or so, but since they’ve announced they will be sending more out to sellers, why not check each of those websites a couple of times a day over the next few weeks? It’s not like you have to actually drive to the places to see if they are in stock.
Maybe think outside the box and do a little Tik Tok dance? The Whimsical Challenge?
Rooter Tooter
Common Wiggler

Post by Rooter Tooter »

James_S wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:10 am I find it bizarre that people think it's unacceptable to complain when a company charges over the odds for their own modules via a lottery system and then disappears off the grid (again) whilst people have no idea when they'll arrive.
Well a couple of things; they are sending stock out to the public. It’s just a matter of watching vendor websites. Not sure how a small scale company would do it any other way. Cwejman had (has?) one US vendor and people seemed to accept that. Not sure why that isn’t the case here.

It seems to me that people forget that these companies have like 3-6 employees, all while operating during a pandemic.

*Tooter out*
James_S
Veteran Wiggler

Post by James_S »

Rooter Tooter wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:52 am
James_S wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:10 am I find it bizarre that people think it's unacceptable to complain when a company charges over the odds for their own modules via a lottery system and then disappears off the grid (again) whilst people have no idea when they'll arrive.
Well a couple of things; they are sending stock out to the public. It’s just a matter of watching vendor websites. Not sure how a small scale company would do it any other way. Cwejman had (has?) one US vendor and people seemed to accept that. Not sure why that isn’t the case here.

It seems to me that people forget that these companies have like 3-6 employees, all while operating during a pandemic.

*Tooter out*
I'm referring to those who have already paid over the odds buying directly from the company who haven't received their modules and have no idea when they'll arrive.

It seems to me that people forget that it takes approximately 5 minutes to write an update on their website/ social media pages.
Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos »

Pandemic as an excuse for part shortages = OK
Pandemic and/or company is small as an excuse for not sending an email = bogus
drxcm
Ultra Wiggler

Post by drxcm »

James_S wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:58 am
Rooter Tooter wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:52 am

*Tooter out*
I'm referring to those who have already paid over the odds buying directly from the company who haven't received their modules and have no idea when they'll arrive.

It seems to me that people forget that it takes approximately 5 minutes to write an update on their website/ social media pages.
It takes even less time for those people to send an email and ask for an update if you are getting frustrated. Shipping notices have gone out for some direct buyers already.
Placid Mouse
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Placid Mouse »

Lurker wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:09 am ^ tldr:

weeeeeeh they wont take my money :moneyburn:

now I don't know what to buy :waah:

yes I know this sounds entitled but this is a valuable and important discussion that adds to our community :omg:
Yeh so that bit about being respectful, I’m glad you considered that before insulting my intelligence and adding nothing of value to the conversation.
James_S
Veteran Wiggler

Post by James_S »

drxcm wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:35 am It takes even less time for those people to send an email and ask for an update if you are getting frustrated.
Have you even read this thread?

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”