mannequins mangrove availability?

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Locked
everydaycurry
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:36 pm
Location: Houston

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by everydaycurry »

I got my ticket pulled for a Cold Mac and Just Friends, no Three Sisters but fingers crossed.
Aleksey
Common Wiggler
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:43 am
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by Aleksey »

everydaycurry wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:51 pm I got my ticket pulled for a Cold Mac and Just Friends, no Three Sisters but fingers crossed.
Damn, congrats on a double win!
User avatar
r_omega_
Common Wiggler
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:25 pm
Location: Queens, NY

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by r_omega_ »

With any luck, they haven't done Three Sisters yet, no one reporting that one yet.
R-Omega
Postmodern Composer
http://r-omega.com
User avatar
closedLoop
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 626
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:01 am
Location: nyc

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by closedLoop »

Hovercraft wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:17 pm Your avatar looks like perlin noise--isn't that pseudo random? :party: I think I'd be worried more about the distribution of an analog random noise circuit. Maybe a chaos circuit with the time base controlled by a random noise circuit?
That's the trick with noise. Some noise is a shaded signal, the rest is just staring into the clouds. When it comes down to a coin toss, and probability - that's when noise gets real serious. But that's just a long way of saying I regret selling Mangrove, and I really wouldn't mind having it back.
User avatar
drxcm
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 960
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:31 pm

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by drxcm »

Lucky to have been selected for the Mangrove PPM!
Powerdwarf
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by Powerdwarf »

drxcm wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:40 pm Lucky to have been selected for the Mangrove PPM!
how do you know that? its still not past 20
User avatar
r_omega_
Common Wiggler
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:25 pm
Location: Queens, NY

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by r_omega_ »

Attachments
IMG_6059.png.jpeg
R-Omega
Postmodern Composer
http://r-omega.com
AnalogDigits
Common Wiggler
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:11 pm

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by AnalogDigits »

Wowza. :eek:

Well, 100% is getting donated to a good cause!
Kawouddd
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:09 am

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by Kawouddd »

Gosh.

I could buy half a natural gate for that!
User avatar
drxcm
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 960
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:31 pm

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by drxcm »

Powerdwarf wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:48 am
drxcm wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:40 pm Lucky to have been selected for the Mangrove PPM!
how do you know that? its still not past 20
What’s not past 20?
I got an email from WR and purchased it yesterday
User avatar
r_omega_
Common Wiggler
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:25 pm
Location: Queens, NY

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by r_omega_ »

They're announcing Three Sisters now, a friend of mine got one.
R-Omega
Postmodern Composer
http://r-omega.com
User avatar
Ras Thavas
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 909
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: Northbay, CA

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by Ras Thavas »

drxcm wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:58 pm...I got an email from WR and purchased it yesterday
Sigh, let's not rub it in :), still patiently watching inbox w/ fingers crossed for Mangrove PPM...
Powerdwarf
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by Powerdwarf »

Ras Thavas wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:25 pm
drxcm wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:58 pm...I got an email from WR and purchased it yesterday
Sigh, let's not rub it in :), still patiently watching inbox w/ fingers crossed for Mangrove PPM...
we are out i guess
User avatar
r_omega_
Common Wiggler
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:25 pm
Location: Queens, NY

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by r_omega_ »

Powerdwarf wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:51 pm
Ras Thavas wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:25 pm
drxcm wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:58 pm...I got an email from WR and purchased it yesterday
Sigh, let's not rub it in :), still patiently watching inbox w/ fingers crossed for Mangrove PPM...
we are out i guess
Yeah, looks like I didn't get picked for Three Sisters.
R-Omega
Postmodern Composer
http://r-omega.com
User avatar
Ras Thavas
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 909
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: Northbay, CA

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by Ras Thavas »

So how many of us who didn't get selected now are convinced that those were the modules we absolutely needed to make our modular music making perfect and nothing else will do? I'm trying to resist it but will admit I did really want that Mangrove PPM.
r_omega_ wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:14 pm
Powerdwarf wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:51 pm
Ras Thavas wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:25 pm
drxcm wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:58 pm...I got an email from WR and purchased it yesterday
Sigh, let's not rub it in :), still patiently watching inbox w/ fingers crossed for Mangrove PPM...
we are out i guess
Yeah, looks like I didn't get picked for Three Sisters.
User avatar
r_omega_
Common Wiggler
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:25 pm
Location: Queens, NY

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by r_omega_ »

Ras Thavas wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:30 pm So how many of us who didn't get selected now are convinced that those were the modules we absolutely needed to make our modular music making perfect and nothing else will do? I'm trying to resist it but will admit I did really want that Mangrove PPM.
r_omega_ wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:14 pm
Powerdwarf wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:51 pm
Ras Thavas wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:25 pm
drxcm wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:58 pm...I got an email from WR and purchased it yesterday
Sigh, let's not rub it in :), still patiently watching inbox w/ fingers crossed for Mangrove PPM...
we are out i guess
Yeah, looks like I didn't get picked for Three Sisters.
Glad to honestly say, "Not me". I work pretty hard internally to put the music-making and music above the consumerism. Would be cool to have but I'm grateful for what I have. :)
R-Omega
Postmodern Composer
http://r-omega.com
Powerdwarf
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by Powerdwarf »

no im not absorbed by it as well. for me its more of a luxury item with high resale value than the only desert island osc module. og mangrove is nice enough but i would buy this as well if had the chance
User avatar
Ras Thavas
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 909
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: Northbay, CA

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by Ras Thavas »

Definitely a luxury item, as is most of my eurorack honestly. If it wasn't evident I was trying to be a little satirical about how easy it is to get a little too obsessive about this stuff.

For my part wasn't thinking as much about resale value, but had always been interested in the Mangove, and with the addition of the PPM thought it would fit in well with my Vastwave and my Piston Honda, cross feeding the various inputs for modulation and wave shaping. One big super complex oscillator.

I'll look forward to seeing some discussion and video on the Mangrove PPM, which I'm sure will be coming, and congrats to those who snagged one!
Powerdwarf wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:15 pm no im not absorbed by it as well. for me its more of a luxury item with high resale value than the only desert island osc module. og mangrove is nice enough but i would buy this as well if had the chance
Last edited by Ras Thavas on Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Powerdwarf
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by Powerdwarf »

it would be interesting to know how many ppl applied for mangroves ballots :)
User avatar
Gringo Starr
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:33 pm
Location: United States

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by Gringo Starr »

Wonder how long before that black three sisters is on Reverb for 8k.
Paul Di'Anno > Bruce Dickinson.
Powerdwarf
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by Powerdwarf »

Gringo Starr wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:55 pm Wonder how long before that black three sisters is on Reverb for 8k.
haha true i totally see it coming. mannequins feeding elitism for eurorack community. these limited editions r bit ridiculous isnt it. and no, im sayin it not because i hvnt won the chance to buy it :D “ “
Rudloe
Common Wiggler
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:21 am
Location: London

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by Rudloe »

Powerdwarf wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:59 pm
Gringo Starr wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:55 pm Wonder how long before that black three sisters is on Reverb for 8k.
haha true i totally see it coming. mannequins feeding elitism for eurorack community. these limited editions r bit ridiculous isnt it. and no, im sayin it not because i hvnt won the chance to buy it :D “ “
yep
everydaycurry
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:36 pm
Location: Houston

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by everydaycurry »

Ras Thavas wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:30 pm So how many of us who didn't get selected now are convinced that those were the modules we absolutely needed to make our modular music making perfect and nothing else will do? I'm trying to resist it but will admit I did really want that Mangrove PPM.
I'm probably going to try a Patching Panda Vibrazum V2 or something like that, I wasn't really dying for the Three Sisters.
Powerdwarf
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by Powerdwarf »

everydaycurry wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:00 pm
Ras Thavas wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:30 pm So how many of us who didn't get selected now are convinced that those were the modules we absolutely needed to make our modular music making perfect and nothing else will do? I'm trying to resist it but will admit I did really want that Mangrove PPM.
I'm probably going to try a Patching Panda Vibrazum V2 or something like that, I wasn't really dying for the Three Sisters.
but regular three sisters is going to retailers
jD
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:24 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by jD »

Powerdwarf wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:16 pm
everydaycurry wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:00 pm
Ras Thavas wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:30 pm So how many of us who didn't get selected now are convinced that those were the modules we absolutely needed to make our modular music making perfect and nothing else will do? I'm trying to resist it but will admit I did really want that Mangrove PPM.
I'm probably going to try a Patching Panda Vibrazum V2 or something like that, I wasn't really dying for the Three Sisters.
but regular three sisters is going to retailers
Ill believe it when i see it
Locked

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”