mannequins mangrove availability?

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

sanft_prickelnd
Learning to Wiggle

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by sanft_prickelnd »

Has anyone had a shipping confirmation for their Mangrove+PPM? :)
Rooter Tooter
Common Wiggler

Post by Rooter Tooter »

sanft_prickelnd wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:14 pm Has anyone had a shipping confirmation for their Mangrove+PPM? :)
Not I. I was hoping it would be shipping out yesterday, since according to this thread they normally ship out Wednesdays. I’m fine waiting but I’ll prob have to touch base this time next week just to be sure they haven’t forgotten about me.
hermbot
Ultra Wiggler

Post by hermbot »

On one hand it's unfortunate that they haven't shipped yet, on the other it's good to know that other Mangrove + PPM future owners haven't gotten any shipping notification, either. I was getting worried but also figured if someone had one there would be pictures & videos up somewhere of them.
avisitfromdrum
Learning to Wiggle

Post by avisitfromdrum »

Same boat! I sent a follow up email before the new year but haven’t heard anything about mangrove + ppm since ordering. Totally fine with the wait, but it would be nice to know what the expected timeline is.
hawkfuzz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by hawkfuzz »

Fucking Amazon.
THUMPR BC SC
James_S
Veteran Wiggler

Post by James_S »

Charging an absolute premium and then going off the radar.
Powerdwarf
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Powerdwarf »

James_S wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:52 am Charging an absolute premium and then going off the radar.
cuz you never know when the need for vacation might hit!
Severed head
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Severed head »

hermbot wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:03 am On one hand it's unfortunate that they haven't shipped yet, on the other it's good to know that other Mangrove + PPM future owners haven't gotten any shipping notification, either. I was getting worried but also figured if someone had one there would be pictures & videos up somewhere of them.
heck at least you know they're a reliable company. and your not gonna be stuck waiting like 3 years or something stupid a la te2. lol
WTB:-Mac recordings software from 2008/9
:help:
hermbot
Ultra Wiggler

Post by hermbot »

Severed head wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:51 am
hermbot wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:03 am On one hand it's unfortunate that they haven't shipped yet, on the other it's good to know that other Mangrove + PPM future owners haven't gotten any shipping notification, either. I was getting worried but also figured if someone had one there would be pictures & videos up somewhere of them.
heck at least you know they're a reliable company. and your not gonna be stuck waiting like 3 years or something stupid a la te2. lol
In case it's helpful to anyone else waiting: I received my shipping notification today for the PPM combo, so make sure to check your inboxes.
Rooter Tooter
Common Wiggler

Post by Rooter Tooter »

hermbot wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:35 pm
Severed head wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:51 am
In case it's helpful to anyone else waiting: I received my shipping notification today for the PPM combo, so make sure to check your inboxes.
Mine is also on it’s way. If things seem slightly off this weekend, i.e. your toilet starts circling the other direction, your shoelaces won’t stay tied, etc. that’s just me modulating PPM (and quite possibly the fabric of space-time.) Sorry for the mess!
:guinness:
insoul8
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by insoul8 »

What ever happened with the availability from resellers that was supposed to be leading up to new years? did that already happen?
qwertyuiop
Learning to Wiggle

Post by qwertyuiop »

I don’t believe it had happened yet.
Placid Mouse
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Placid Mouse »

If there’s a delay in shipping for customers that were granted the chance to order direct, I’d imagine there would be a delay in sending orders to the stores too.
Powerdwarf
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Powerdwarf »

i heard mannequins is building new delay out of its prolonged dispatching intervals, aint very musical though
xcc
Ultra Wiggler

Post by xcc »

Powerdwarf wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:31 pm i heard mannequins is building new delay out of its prolonged dispatching intervals, aint very musical though
No sync either. Lame.
everydaycurry
Wiggling with Experience

Post by everydaycurry »

Just Friends and Cold Mac arrived today. Watching a video on the Cold Mac, I think I might be more hyped to get it racked than the JF.
hypnoz
Common Wiggler

Post by hypnoz »

Why can’t this company communicate better? Instead of keeping everyone up to date on their website, they simply go dark without explanation after their own release dates on stuff have passed. They didn’t say when the lotteries were over and set expectations for people who didn’t win. No info as to how many units are going to retailers or even which retailers. Tell us not to bombarded retailers with stock questions “for a few days”, now it is weeks later with no update. The only update was an Instagram post about the minimum bid on the 3T auction, didn’t even bother posting it to their own website or Twitter and wasn’t accessible on insta later. I had to come here to find out what the min bid was.

Even before this, their stock updates were rarely updated and timelines almost always missed. No explanations as to why they were missed or how much uncertainty there is in their estimates.

It is like a case study in how to piss off customers.
insoul8
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by insoul8 »

I agree. I get that for a lot of modular manufactures it is not their main gig and they just aren't always focused on it but better communication can really go a long way. It's really not hard to throw a blurb up on a website. Or even send another update email to their list which would inevitably make it into this thread.
James_S
Veteran Wiggler

Post by James_S »

Yeah the entire debacle has made them a pretty unattractive proposition as if I'm gonna spend hundreds of euros on a hyped up module, the first thing I always want to know is if I'll be supported if there's an issue.

The communication from these guys has been bad for a wee while.
Powerdwarf
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Powerdwarf »

arrogance, the word is called. in the end its not as cool as it seems to be, grab maths and patch your mangrove from bottom up, formant osc trick was explained long time ago. cancel that shit, i hate hate hate this behaviour not just of companies but ppl in general. as if they dont feel inclined to improve their communication and can fuck with ppl cuz things still will get sold cuz it is THAT UNIQUE. no it is not, unpopular opinion, sorry. as if modular users are junkies and they are pimps without whom the former wont get a daily fix. oh boi disgusting attitude that is
hypnoz
Common Wiggler

Post by hypnoz »

Agreed. There is simply no valid excuse for bad communication when it costs so little time to post an update on their website.

Already sold my Jf. Selling my mangrove soon, done with this company.
Placid Mouse
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Placid Mouse »

Something I find a bit frustrating is that when the modules are finally available from the stores I will be competing with everyone to get them including those who won ballots/ have the modules already as I’m sure there’s going to be some people trying to re-sell these things at a profit. I was on that waiting list for over a year and to potentially loose out to those with multiple copies of their modules and touters just kinda feels shitty. I really wanna use these modules in my patches, they’re creative and inspiring but this whole process of trying to purchase them has been a bit of a chore honestly.
drxcm
Ultra Wiggler

Post by drxcm »

For the record I''ve never had any issues with communication with Whimsical Raps when I have needed support. Almost always get an answer quickly and they repaired my Just Friends a few years ago super quickly.
Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos »

hypnoz wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:50 pm Why can’t this company communicate better?
I know you are talking about communication more related to the business side of things, but I still had to laugh when I read this.

Anyone who has seen their documentation knows that they communicate a bit…differently…
everydaycurry
Wiggling with Experience

Post by everydaycurry »

hypnoz wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:50 pm It is like a case study in how to piss off customers.
They're in a position to not care, though. Everything they send to retailers will sell in 24 hours regardless of how some people might feel.

As far as I'm concerned, unless a company has your money they don't owe you anything about stock updates or timelines. These are all luxuries.

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”