mannequins mangrove availability?

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Locked
plragde
Common Wiggler
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:58 am

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by plragde »

Gringo Starr wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:55 pm Wonder how long before that black three sisters is on Reverb for 8k.
The only way to avoid this is to auction something transient (like a meeting or an unrecorded performance) or consumable. People have sold their Oscars and Nobel Prize medals!

Reading up on Three Sisters, it appears that the added features in this limited run (temperature stability, and a limiter on the ALL output) are genuine improvements that fix issues that have bedevilled people. Still not worth $8K, but it's not just cosmetics.
User avatar
acgenerator
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:44 am
Location: USA

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by acgenerator »

Thanks for sharing with those of us that don't have instagram.
xidnpnlss
Common Wiggler
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:16 am

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by xidnpnlss »

plragde wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:46 pm
Gringo Starr wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:55 pm Wonder how long before that black three sisters is on Reverb for 8k.
The only way to avoid this is to auction something transient (like a meeting or an unrecorded performance) or consumable. People have sold their Oscars and Nobel Prize medals!

Reading up on Three Sisters, it appears that the added features in this limited run (temperature stability, and a limiter on the ALL output) are genuine improvements that fix issues that have bedevilled people. Still not worth $8K, but it's not just cosmetics.
Can you speak more on this? I understand the limited is sometimes useful for people that can't attenuate 3 signals going in to sisters, but how do the other improvements help?

Tbh I didn't think, if these improvements were released in a v2, it would turn a lot of heads. But make only 10 of them of Christ! let's spend at least 1200usd. It came off to me as Mannequins making the most of the scarcity circus for a good cause.
Powerdwarf
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by Powerdwarf »

1000 will go to afrorack and 7 thousand to guy who managed to bid it haha. sounds like a good cause indeed!
Last edited by Powerdwarf on Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
xidnpnlss
Common Wiggler
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:16 am

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by xidnpnlss »

Powerdwarf wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:40 am 1000 will go to afrojack and 7 thousand to guy who managed to bid it haha. sounds like a good cause indeed!
That's a k Afrorack wouldn't be getting otherwise? :despair:
James_S
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:56 am

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by James_S »

Well I've criticised people on Reverb for taking advantage of the shortage of Mannequins modules and selling them for way too much. Looks like I owe them an apology..
xidnpnlss
Common Wiggler
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:16 am

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by xidnpnlss »

I don't really understand this comment. I personally have always put the onus on this buyer. In any case, neither person is going anywhere. Why not use it for a good cause?
James_S
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:56 am

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by James_S »

xidnpnlss wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:07 am I don't really understand this comment. I personally have always put the onus on this buyer. In any case, neither person is going anywhere. Why not use it for a good cause?
Everyone is free to do whatever they want. In my opinion it would have been better to get the general releases out first and then do things like this. Only my opinion...
plragde
Common Wiggler
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:58 am

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by plragde »

xidnpnlss wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:08 am Can you speak more on this? I understand the limited is sometimes useful for people that can't attenuate 3 signals going in to sisters, but how do the other improvements help?
I have not used the module, only read about it, so take my comments with a grain of salt. The announcement mentioned "temperature-compensated filters", "limiter on the ALL output", and "fancy op-amps" / "fancy hi-fi semiconductors". The first will help if one is using the filter as an oscillator. The second, as you say, avoids high output levels and clipping. I don't know enough about module design to comment on the more expensive components. Will they improve the quality of the sound? Allow new timbres? Improve V/oct tracking? Perhaps someone who wins one of these auctioned units will report back at some point.
plragde
Common Wiggler
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:58 am

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by plragde »

As for Mister 8K, the only things Mannequins could do about him would be to either make as many modules as anyone would ever want to buy (not possible due to resource constraints) or to never make any modules at all. (We've already seen Mister 2Ks.)
satanskates
Common Wiggler
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:22 am

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by satanskates »

I imagine at this point if we haven’t received emails about the 3S lottery we’re shit outta luck, right? Have any of ya’ll received emails in the last handful of hours or anything?
everydaycurry
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:36 pm
Location: Houston

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by everydaycurry »

Mister 8k also isn't going to ever get $8k for it. If he's lucky he'll make a 10% profit after fees.

There's a guy who's steadily been lowering his $8000 QMMG on Reverb - now a bargain at only $4750
User avatar
insoul8
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1239
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:48 am
Location: District of Corruption

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by insoul8 »

People aren’t actually paying those crazy prices though are they? I mean they seem to stay listed forever…
plragde
Common Wiggler
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:58 am

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by plragde »

insoul8 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:45 pm People aren’t actually paying those crazy prices though are they?
I don't think there's enough demand for limited-edition modules to command really high prices. But in the past few months, the high price paid on Reverb for Three Sisters (list $313) was $799, and there were a few sales at around $700.
lbbronson
1-Post Wiggler
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:14 pm

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by lbbronson »

I got An email and happen to have one of the black three sisters!! Actually super excited on that because i am one of the people who prefer the black faceplates to the silver by a long shot. This is likely because everything i own is black as well lol.
Powerdwarf
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by Powerdwarf »

lbbronson wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:36 pm I got An email and happen to have one of the black three sisters!! Actually super excited on that because i am one of the people who prefer the black faceplates to the silver by a long shot. This is likely because everything i own is black as well lol.
how much u bid?
jD
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:24 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by jD »

lbbronson wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:36 pm I got An email and happen to have one of the black three sisters!! Actually super excited on that because i am one of the people who prefer the black faceplates to the silver by a long shot. This is likely because everything i own is black as well lol.
Did you get that email today?
User avatar
ggillon
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:21 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by ggillon »

lbbronson wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:36 pm I got An email and happen to have one of the black three sisters!! Actually super excited on that because i am one of the people who prefer the black faceplates to the silver by a long shot. This is likely because everything i own is black as well lol.
:sb:
Image

Got those faceplates while they were available
User avatar
insoul8
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1239
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:48 am
Location: District of Corruption

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by insoul8 »

jD wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:59 pm
lbbronson wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:36 pm I got An email and happen to have one of the black three sisters!! Actually super excited on that because i am one of the people who prefer the black faceplates to the silver by a long shot. This is likely because everything i own is black as well lol.
Did you get that email today?
Only a few remaining went out today that were due to cancellations according to what I was told. So they are all finished.
Basho
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:29 pm

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by Basho »

Has anyone received a shipping notification for their ballot purchase?

EDIT: silly me - after a little critical thinking I realized they haven’t asked for a shipping address yet. At least, I don’t recall that being a part of the PayPal invoice process. Can ignore this question :doh:
Last edited by Basho on Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Placid Mouse
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:47 pm
Location: MB

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by Placid Mouse »

I completely understand that Mannequins had to do some kind of a balloting system in order to fairly distribute their modules however as someone that signed up to receive re-stock notifications for JF and TS over a year ago and still missed out on receiving a ballot for either is pretty unfortunate. Especially considering that someone potentially could have signed up one day before that email went out and potentially received multiple modules, just makes it that much more gutting.

Very much first-world problems! but I'm sure that all of us here are very passionate about eurorack and dedicate large amounts of time and resources to it. I just feel that a first come - first serve system based on when a customer subscribed to the email re-stock notification list would have been a fairer way to proceed.

I was really excited about Just Friends in particular but I guess I'll just have to wait until this time next year to be let down again!
Last edited by Placid Mouse on Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
jD
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:24 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by jD »

Placid Mouse wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:32 pm I completely understand that Mannequins had to do some kind of a balloting system in order to equally distribute their modules however as someone that signed up to receive re-stock notifications for JF and TS over a year ago and still missed out on receiving a ballot for either is pretty unfortunate. Especially considering that someone potentially could have signed up one day before that email went out and potentially received multiple modules, just makes it that much more gutting.

Very much first-world problems! but I'm sure that all of us here are very passionate about eurorack and dedicate large amounts of time and resources to it. I just feel that a first come - first serve system based on when a customer subscribed to the email re-stock notification list would have been a fairer way to proceed.

I was really excited about Just Friends in particular but I guess I'll just have to wait until this time next year to be let down again!
a heads up about what shops are getting them would be nice
User avatar
BlinkyLights
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:16 am

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by BlinkyLights »

Those black ones are gorgeous, and the fancy parts seem cool. Hope they make more like that one day.
User avatar
Placid Mouse
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:47 pm
Location: MB

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by Placid Mouse »

I thought I'd share some of my copium...

I owned Mangrove and Sisters and sold both for below what they are new, I now find myself desperate to get my hands on a Just Friends and Sisters yet am unable to. It's funny how things work out sometimes.

I know that I will get my hands on them one day and that I just need to be patient and be thankful for what I have.
James_S
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:56 am

Re: mannequins mangrove availability?

Post by James_S »

Basho wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:21 am Has anyone received a shipping notification for their ballot purchase?

EDIT: silly me - after a little critical thinking I realized they haven’t asked for a shipping address yet. At least, I don’t recall that being a part of the PayPal invoice process. Can ignore this question :doh:
When you pay on PayPal it will give them address linked to the PayPal account.
Locked

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”