Wavefonix Modular System

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Chris Willocks
Common Wiggler

Re: Wavefonix Modular System

Post by Chris Willocks » Fri May 07, 2021 2:20 pm

Now Available: 3310 Envelope Generator (EG) Classic Edition

Wavefonix 3310 EG (Classic Edition).png

Featuring the AS3310 IC (based on the classic CEM3310 IC), the 3310 Envelope Generator (EG) offers a simple, but effective four-stage design; ideal for modulating VCAs, filters and other modules.

Features
  • Controllable exponential attack, decay and release.
  • Controllable linear sustain (up to 10V).
  • Gate input has a dedicated comparator with an adjustable threshold (between 1V to 10V).
  • Gate through output, allowing for multiple EGs to be chained together.
  • Retrigger input for modulation sources such as LFOs etc.
  • Green LED indicator provides a visual representation of the output level.
  • Classic-style knobs and panel design.
  • Ergonomic design.
  • Hand-built and tested in the UK.

Specifications

Format: Eurorack
Width: 9HP
Depth: approx. 40mm
+12V: 40mA
-12V: 30mA
+5V: 0mA

Order here: www.wavefonix.com/product-page/3310-envelope-generator.

studio460
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by studio460 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:22 pm

Damn, Chris! Another great looking/working module! Well done!

studio460
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by studio460 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:24 pm

deft_bonz wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:24 am
My Poly-8 VCO arrived today. It's hard when you have to wait before you can testing, because you have a patch going on that you need to record first :goo:

For the moment it will be mounted in my effects side car :mrgreen:
F'ing awesome! Congrats! Dying to get one someday. Will look forward to your demos!

Chris Willocks
Common Wiggler

Post by Chris Willocks » Wed May 12, 2021 11:54 am

I have a sale on at the moment. Get up to 15% off: www.wavefonix.com/modules.

The sale ends at 12:00 GMT on Wednesday 26th May, so don't miss out.

deft_bonz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by deft_bonz » Thu May 13, 2021 3:54 pm

Poly-8 VCO is a beast :sb:

In my new melodic techno song I use it as a super saw lead. It sounds FAAAT!

Here's a short preview of that song. Only VCO 4 to 6 are sequenced, the others are static, 1 octave apart.

Chris Willocks
Common Wiggler

Post by Chris Willocks » Thu May 13, 2021 4:41 pm

deft_bonz wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 3:54 pm
Poly-8 VCO is a beast :sb:

In my new melodic techno song I use it as a super saw lead. It sounds FAAAT!

Here's a short preview of that song. Only VCO 4 to 6 are sequenced, the others are static, 1 octave apart.

Amazing! Thanks for sharing Murat. Glad you're enjoying it.

Chris Willocks
Common Wiggler

Post by Chris Willocks » Wed May 19, 2021 7:14 pm

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update. I'll be taking a bit of a break from releasing any new modules for the time being.

Unfortunately, funds are running very low and admittedly, it's a struggle to keep things going. Hence, it's not feasible at the moment for me to put any more funds into developing new modules. Plus it wouldn't be logical, especially if the current offering of modules hasn't proven to be that successful.

I have received some great feedback from people which I appreciate regarding where to improve module designs and I will be implementing these in future revisions. I'm also still in the process of putting together a 12U case to create sound demos etc. But again, lack of funds has brought both of these to a standstill.

All of the current modules will still be available to buy from my store, but as I said; there may not be any new modules for quite a while.

Sorry to disappoint anyone. I don't mean to come across negative in any way. I just want to be honest and transparent with everyone. Once things recover, then I can look at getting back on track with releasing new stuff.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris

deft_bonz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by deft_bonz » Thu May 20, 2021 2:04 am

Chris Willocks wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 7:14 pm
Hi everyone,

Just a quick update. I'll be taking a bit of a break from releasing any new modules for the time being.

Unfortunately, funds are running very low and admittedly, it's a struggle to keep things going. Hence, it's not feasible at the moment for me to put any more funds into developing new modules. Plus it wouldn't be logical, especially if the current offering of modules hasn't proven to be that successful.

I have received some great feedback from people which I appreciate regarding where to improve module designs and I will be implementing these in future revisions. I'm also still in the process of putting together a 12U case to create sound demos etc. But again, lack of funds has brought both of these to a standstill.

All of the current modules will still be available to buy from my store, but as I said; there may not be any new modules for quite a while.

Sorry to disappoint anyone. I don't mean to come across negative in any way. I just want to be honest and transparent with everyone. Once things recover, then I can look at getting back on track with releasing new stuff.

Chris
Sorry to hear that :cry:
Wish you all the success you deserve.

Have you tried to sell thru "popular" stores? Or do you do only direct sales? Maybe that could help promote your modules.

transferpoint
butt-hole

Post by transferpoint » Thu May 20, 2021 7:16 am

To add to what deft_bonz said,… I generally discover modules by browsing distributors and by browsing through Muffs. Had no idea Wavefonix existed until today.

chriddler
Common Wiggler

Post by chriddler » Thu May 20, 2021 7:41 am

transferpoint wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 7:16 am
To add to what deft_bonz said,… I generally discover modules by browsing distributors and by browsing through Muffs. Had no idea Wavefonix existed until today.
Same here, I had no idea that Wavefonix existed until someone bumped this thread.
My Eurorack (the Neutron isn't racked btw!) https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1577670

Chris Willocks
Common Wiggler

Post by Chris Willocks » Thu May 20, 2021 8:47 am

deft_bonz wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 2:04 am
Chris Willocks wrote:
Hi everyone,

Chris

Have you tried to sell thru "popular" stores? Or do you do only direct sales? Maybe that could help promote your modules.
Thanks, just Juno at the moment, but hopefully more in the future.

deft_bonz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by deft_bonz » Thu May 20, 2021 10:30 am

Chris Willocks wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 8:47 am
deft_bonz wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 2:04 am
Chris Willocks wrote:
Hi everyone,

Chris

Thanks, just Juno at the moment, but hopefully more in the future.
I will give Ben from Elevator a hint ;)
Half of my monster was filled from that shop :yay:

deftinwulf
Veteran Wiggler

Post by deftinwulf » Thu May 20, 2021 12:24 pm

Hey Chris, thanks for keeping us in the loop. Sorry to hear the economics aren't working out for you. Truly do hope you'll be able to continue in the near future.

I'd love it if you were able to stock at least one USA retailer. I've come close to buying a few of your modules but my financial situation is such that after the shipping from UK the end price becomes higher than I can afford right now. This is not your fault, I know. But I will reach out to a few of my favorite retailers (Midwest Modular, Detroit Modular) to ask to stock your stuff. Maybe it will help? :hmm:

Chris Willocks
Common Wiggler

Post by Chris Willocks » Thu May 20, 2021 4:51 pm

Thanks both, I appreciate you putting the word out there.

There are a few things I need to sort out in order to start selling to retailers e.g. VAT registration etc. But it will definitely be something that I'm going to focus on. As you mention; selling to retailers in the USA and Europe, as well as the UK would certainly make things easier for a lot of customers in terms of shipping prices and import taxes etc.

studio460
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by studio460 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:05 am

Sorry to hear this, Chris. Ever since I learned of your products, I've been a huge fan. Your pace of putting out new, interesting modules has been impressive. I think the Poly-8 is major—the guys over at the other large music forum would shit their pants over this—not just the modular guys, the people in the regular electronic music forum.

Hopefully you can hook up with Detroit Modular (my favorite dealer) and Perfect Circuit in the US, two of the largest most trafficked modular purveyors here which would increase your visibility beyond those of us at MW. I once spoke with Ben over at Elevator Sound in the UK and he's also a super-chill guy. Building a business is tough even in normal times, but I'm sure you'll be back in full-force soon! Cheers!

OlivierWah
Common Wiggler

Post by OlivierWah » Fri May 21, 2021 8:15 am

Chris Willocks wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 4:51 pm
Thanks both, I appreciate you putting the word out there.

There are a few things I need to sort out in order to start selling to retailers e.g. VAT registration etc. But it will definitely be something that I'm going to focus on. As you mention; selling to retailers in the USA and Europe, as well as the UK would certainly make things easier for a lot of customers in terms of shipping prices and import taxes etc.
Yeah could be great, because I am in France, and it's seems to be impossible to order unfortunaly.
Hope all the best for you in the future anyway !

Chris Willocks
Common Wiggler

Post by Chris Willocks » Mon May 24, 2021 10:08 am

studio460 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 4:05 am
Sorry to hear this, Chris. Ever since I learned of your products, I've been a huge fan. Your pace of putting out new, interesting modules has been impressive. I think the Poly-8 is major—the guys over at the other large music forum would shit their pants over this—not just the modular guys, the people in the regular electronic music forum.

Hopefully you can hook up with Detroit Modular (my favorite dealer) and Perfect Circuit in the US, two of the largest most trafficked modular purveyors here which would increase your visibility beyond those of us at MW. I once spoke with Ben over at Elevator Sound in the UK and he's also a super-chill guy. Building a business is tough even in normal times, but I'm sure you'll be back in full-force soon! Cheers!
Thanks, I appreciate that. I'll have to check those retailers out.
OlivierWah wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:15 am
Yeah could be great, because I am in France, and it's seems to be impossible to order unfortunaly.
Hope all the best for you in the future anyway !
Thanks and apologies for the lack of shipping to France. There are quite a lot of packaging rules in Europe; France being one of the countries affected and companies have to sign up to recycling schemes etc.

Germany is another example with strong packaging rules, however I have managed to sort it all out there. So I do ship to Germany. Hopefully I can get the other countries sorted soon as well.

Chris Willocks
Common Wiggler

Post by Chris Willocks » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:27 am

Hi everyone,

I have an offer a limited-time offer on. Find out more here: https://shoutout.wix.com/so/07NdhBrov?languageTag=en.

Thanks,
Chris

deft_bonz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by deft_bonz » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:58 am

Nice offer

Return to “Eurorack Modules”