Voting open for your top 3 tracks in our Odd Meter Remix/ReMangle/Reimagine Challenge

Prizes generously donated by:
ADDAC System (Eurorack 3U)
Endorphin.es (Eurorack 3U)
Fred's Lab (DIY Paraphonic Synth)
Northern Light Modular (Buchla-format h-series OR Eurorack3U)
Rattly and Raw (Wiggler Approved Kontakt Instrument)
Studio.h (Buchla-format 4U)

Get your vote on and free 42 minute modular playlist for your listening pleasure.

New FX modules from Tiptop Audio - ZVERB ECHOZ Z5000

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

continuum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: New FX modules from Tiptop Audio - ZVERB ECHOZ Z5000

Post by continuum » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:01 am

vytis wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:00 pm
continuum wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:18 am
Wet/dry mix is analog.
Many thanks for your prompt reply. Very, very cool. I'm in!
We are adding this info to the manual as well.
Tiptop Audio R&D
www.tiptopaudio.com/

JuliusRe
Common Wiggler

Post by JuliusRe » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:00 am

Hey guys,

does someone else get a pretty noisy signal out of the Z5000? It has a far higher noise floor than my other modules :despair:

jones
Common Wiggler

Post by jones » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:36 am

miminashi wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:46 pm
I dunno, jones. I have a ZVERB and the levels seem fine to me, but I am also using it on a send in a more end-of-chain way. The manual lists the input range for these modules as 12V peak-to-peak and the output range as 10V peak-to-peak, which I would consider to be within the "standard" (which doesn't exist, by the way). You shouldn't be surprised when hitting a digital input stage with a signal outside of its range results in unpleasant distortion.

FWIW, I have fully analog modules (some filters in particular) that will distort unpleasantly with the full output of some VCOs. That's why I like inputs with attenuators. Conversely, you sometimes need to boost signals a bit. That's why I like inputs with gain. 8-)
:tu:

rbeckboodro
Learning to Wiggle

Post by rbeckboodro » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:58 pm

I just bought one of the Z5000. I noticed there is a MicroSD slot in the back of the module. This slot is not referenced in the manual and I can't seem to find any reference to it on the manufacturer's site or elsewhere. What is this MicroSD slot for? Can we load new algorithms with it?

continuum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by continuum » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:03 pm

rbeckboodro wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:58 pm
I just bought one of the Z5000. I noticed there is a MicroSD slot in the back of the module. This slot is not referenced in the manual and I can't seem to find any reference to it on the manufacturer's site or elsewhere. What is this MicroSD slot for? Can we load new algorithms with it?
The SD card slot is for testing purposes.
Tiptop Audio R&D
www.tiptopaudio.com/

rbeckboodro
Learning to Wiggle

Post by rbeckboodro » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:36 pm

continuum wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:03 pm
rbeckboodro wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:58 pm
The SD card slot is for testing purposes.
ah... thanks

studio460
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by studio460 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:30 am

ZVERB + ECHOZ:

Hey, continuum! I finally decided on my Tiptop effects—and I got both ZVERB + ECHOZ! I'm very happy to say that I'm extremely pleased with both!

ZVERB:
Lots of algorithms with a huge variety in character. The "decades" monikers actually seem to fit and are helpful in choosing a mode. The UI is simple and smartly designed. ZVERB's reverbs sound deep and rich, with great playability. Someone with a Z-DSP said it compares very well with the Valhalla card, and more than one person said they even prefer it to their Z-DSPs. I wanted something in between a 2hp Verb and a much more expensive effects-unit, but it looks like I actually got a "premium" reverb unit!

ECHOZ:
This exceeded my expectations and the different algorithms have both a wide variety of great-sounding effects, including some deliciously exotic ones. I also needed plain-vanilla "echos," (e.g., "echo, echo, echo . . . "), and that's exactly what the default preset delivers. As with most delays, ECHOZ' effects are most pronounced with speech-inputs. So I put my ISD Sampler's recording of the Emergeny Alert System to task (faithfully voiced by Apple's Siri), and ECHOZ did the job brilliantly! (I'll post some demos soon!)

I think you did a superb job on the algorithms and that Tiptop really delivered in bringing an array of great-sounding effects at a mid-level price-point, each in only 8hp. Aside from being nicely compact, I also like that these were conceived as separate modules, allowing more flexibility in their distribution in and around the rack.

By the way, they look wicked-cool in black—love the modernized Tiptop logo on the black-paneled units, as well as the backlit-LED graphics (what good delay doesn't have a "reels" graphic?). Bravo, and thank you, continuum, gur, and Tiptop team!

continuum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by continuum » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:13 am

Thanks for the feedback and glad you like the modules!

As for the difference between ZVERB (and the ZVERBZ card) and Hall of Valhalla: ZVERB has a different algorithm or structure of the reverb for almost every preset with the exception of the combo ones like Delay -> Hall. The core algorithm of Valhalla is not used in any of the ZVERB presets so it's a different result just based on that. Valhalla probably has more large to huge spaces and with the built-in Fidelity control ZVERB is maybe more 'vintage' sounding.

We have more black panel modules in the works and plan on offering all new modules in a choice of color schemes from now on.
Tiptop Audio R&D
www.tiptopaudio.com/

drowld
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by drowld » Wed May 12, 2021 4:41 pm

continuum wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:13 am
Thanks for the feedback and glad you like the modules!

As for the difference between ZVERB (and the ZVERBZ card) and Hall of Valhalla: ZVERB has a different algorithm or structure of the reverb for almost every preset with the exception of the combo ones like Delay -> Hall. The core algorithm of Valhalla is not used in any of the ZVERB presets so it's a different result just based on that. Valhalla probably has more large to huge spaces and with the built-in Fidelity control ZVERB is maybe more 'vintage' sounding.

We have more black panel modules in the works and plan on offering all new modules in a choice of color schemes from now on.
They both use spin fv1 ?

continuum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by continuum » Fri May 14, 2021 12:56 pm

Yes, the FX modules also use the Spin DSP.
Tiptop Audio R&D
www.tiptopaudio.com/

drowld
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by drowld » Fri May 14, 2021 1:06 pm

continuum wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:56 pm
So in theory you can run all the Valhalla algorithm and even more. It’s just that you prefer to segment them ?

continuum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by continuum » Sat May 15, 2021 8:37 am

drowld wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:06 pm
continuum wrote:
So in theory you can run all the Valhalla algorithm and even more. It’s just that you prefer to segment them ?
We only have license to put the Valhalla algorithms on Z-DSP cards. A version of ZVERB with Valhalla would double in price - and that's assuming Sean Costello would even want to work on it at all.
Tiptop Audio R&D
www.tiptopaudio.com/

drowld
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by drowld » Sat May 15, 2021 11:58 am

continuum wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 8:37 am
drowld wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:06 pm
continuum wrote:
We only have license to put the Valhalla algorithms on Z-DSP cards. A version of ZVERB with Valhalla would double in price - and that's assuming Sean Costello would even want to work on it at all.
Oh yeah i understand that you may have to pay both but i was thinking since i've buyed the z-dsp card if i would be able to transfer it to the zverb too. Anyway doesnt make much sense when i think about it but would have been nice.
Any chance that you will make the zverb stereo at some point since it's in the spin fv1 to begin with ? Like the z-dsp is a bit huge to own 2. I wouldnt mind a 12hp stereo (in) Zverb :)

continuum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by continuum » Sat May 15, 2021 1:02 pm

drowld wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 11:58 am
Any chance that you will make the zverb stereo at some point since it's in the spin fv1 to begin with ? Like the z-dsp is a bit huge to own 2. I wouldnt mind a 12hp stereo (in) Zverb :)
ZVERB and the rest of the line (ECHOZ, Z5000) are designed to work in two ways: 1) turn a mono source like most Euro voices into stereo or 2) as a mono send from a mixer. We don't have any plans on making a stereo ZVERB+ or a 'mini-ZDSP' at the moment.

You might want to think about getting an ECHOZ or Z5000 to go with the Z-DSP so you could feed the stereo outs of the 8HP module into the Z-DSP. The ZVERBZ cards have all of the ZVERB program but most of them are expanded to true stereo input for much less than the module.
Tiptop Audio R&D
www.tiptopaudio.com/

M01C
Common Wiggler

Post by M01C » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:22 am

Enjoying my Echoz for months now. Liked it so much that I purchased a Z-DSP. Are the algorithms in the Time Domain bundel the same as in the Echoz? If not is there a lot of overlap?

continuum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by continuum » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:08 am

M01C wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:22 am
Enjoying my Echoz for months now. Liked it so much that I purchased a Z-DSP. Are the algorithms in the Time Domain bundel the same as in the Echoz? If not is there a lot of overlap?
Not much overlap between them: a few of the multi-tap ones like #7 and #8 on the Digital bank and #8 on the Pitch come from Time Domain but the controls are different. TD has a 'Spread' control for the spacing of the taps for example.
Tiptop Audio R&D
www.tiptopaudio.com/

skoolafish
Common Wiggler

Post by skoolafish » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:25 am

z5000 is amazing, i just wish i had ordered the black one. are there replacements panels for it anywhere?

M01C
Common Wiggler

Post by M01C » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:37 am

continuum wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:08 am
M01C wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:22 am
Not much overlap between them: a few of the multi-tap ones like #7 and #8 on the Digital bank and #8 on the Pitch come from Time Domain but the controls are different. TD has a 'Spread' control for the spacing of the taps for example.
Thanks for answering. On my wishlist now.

evs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re:

Post by evs » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:46 am

Funky40 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:38 pm
from the first post from tiptop:
while the 8HP modules are designed mostly as compact in size end-of-the-chain effects and interface between the modular and line level gear.
edited: I see this as a drawback.
To me, most ext. mixers, even the crappy small ones take modular level just fine.
And Delays are not necessarily patched at the end of the signal chain.

my personal experience over the years was:
that i had several very good modules, but i avoided it to patch them due to weak output levels.
YM-andExperience-MV

edit: size, price and optics look good !
Was looking into this module, but this seems to be a show stopper... as this gentleman says it, I did not had a mixer that could not take modular level...

electrosandwich
Common Wiggler

Re: Re:

Post by electrosandwich » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:28 pm

evs wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:46 am
Funky40 wrote:
while the 8HP modules are designed mostly as compact in size end-of-the-chain effects and interface between the modular and line level gear.
To me, most ext. mixers, even the crappy small ones take modular level just fine.

that i had several very good modules, but i avoided it to patch them due to weak output levels.
YM-andExperience-MV

Was looking into this module, but this seems to be a show stopper... as this gentleman says it, I did not had a mixer that could not take modular level...
It's not entirely correct. Putting the "IN" knob to 50% sets the output level at line level, so you can go straight into an outboard mixer. Turning the IN knob past 50% exponentially increases the level to full 10v p-p at 100%. It's right in the manual if you are curious. I have all three modules and I use them as in-rack effects - putting the "IN" knob to 100% I do not notice the volume is any quieter than other Eurorack modules.

evs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by evs » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:31 pm

electrosandwich wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:28 pm
evs wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:46 am
Funky40 wrote:

YM-andExperience-MV

It's not entirely correct. Putting the "IN" knob to 50% sets the output level at line level, so you can go straight into an outboard mixer. Turning the IN knob past 50% exponentially increases the level to full 10v p-p at 100%. It's right in the manual if you are curious. I have all three modules and I use them as in-rack effects - putting the "IN" knob to 100% I do not notice the volume is any quieter than other Eurorack modules.

Oh great, thanks for the info!

tdallas
Veteran Wiggler

Post by tdallas » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:29 am

It seems that TTA adds two new effect modules to the FX line:
screen.PNG
screen.PNG (639.24 KiB) Viewed 515 times

matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:24 pm

ooooh! nice

continuum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by continuum » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:23 pm

Edit: Now the product page and videos are live:

https://tiptopaudio.com/modfx-fsu/

An additional audio only patch video:

Last edited by continuum on Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiptop Audio R&D
www.tiptopaudio.com/

studio460
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by studio460 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:48 pm

I already have all three Source Audio modulation-pedals, but the Fuck Shit Up module is a must-have!!! That said, having all three modulation-effects in a nice, tight module is hard to resist—sounds great, too! Bravo, Tiptop!

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”