"Remix/ReMangle" Contest now open!

Prizes generously donated by:
ADDAC System (Eurorack 3U)
Endorphin.es (Eurorack 3U)
Fred's Lab (DIY Paraphonic Synth)
Northern Light Modular (Buchla-format h-series)
Rattly and Raw (Wiggler Approved Kontakt Instrument)
Studio.h (Buchla-format 4U)

Show us what "remix" means to you! Create, share, vote, win modules & more! Free gifts too!
Join in here!

Omsonic/dBs Stochastic Inspiration Generator

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Omsonic/dBs Stochastic Inspiration Generator

Post by brandonlogic » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:28 am

DJ Tap Water wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:04 am
brandonlogic wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:49 am
DJ Tap Water wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:05 am
WarpHead wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:02 am
DJ Tap Water wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:57 am
But, no rests, only change clock divisions? It's crying out for a random skip feature. This VS Melodicer?
There are various ways to get 'rests.' This has been discussed multiple times here previously. RTFM. :hihi:
Sorry! You're right. All the videos I watched, there were no rests...
Cool module but im leaning towards the Melodicer, because i don't like the button combos. Portamento is nice tho...
4 separate channels with the expander on the SIG is a HUGE deal though.
If you go with melodicer, get four of them. :lol:
I dislike modules with multiple channels you switch between, so I wouldn't get the expander.

Are there any other alternatives? I already have marbles which is a keeper. I guess Bloom, but I don't like the look of the UI.
Honestly this was a major concern for me too when i decided to order one.
Multifunctional knobs and faders not motorized that don't represent their true values because of switching functions has always been a major pet peeve of mine in any piece of gear. For example, I could NOT STAND the varigate 8 because of it. But i took the chance anyways on this one because i loved the idea so much.
I was extremely surprised that for me, with this module, this major annoyance was very surprisingly was not an issue!
The UI just works with it, the led's provide excellent feedback to see what's going ton when adjusting parameters. Somehow they pulled it off and made it work, in a very usable way and once you have the workflow down it all just makes sense! Some of the deeper functions require more memory or manual reference but I dont use those functions in every patch, all the basic/most used functions are straightforward.

Not saying it will work for you for sure but just letting you know my experience.

The only criticism I have with this one is that sometimes if difficult to tell if a particular channel is paused or not and that can cause issues during a performance (like pausing or unpausing a particular channel my mistake) , which have brought up to them but it seems they cant do anything about it.
But if that's the only issue i can find with it, I'm very happy with it and recommend it to anyone when musical random/probabilistic looping patterns comes up.

Bignorthumbrian
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Omsonic/dBs Stochastic Inspiration Generator

Post by Bignorthumbrian » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:21 pm

I use my Muta Jovis for muting channels, that suits me a bit better.
here hare here!

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”