Instruo Lúbadh stereo looper

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..
Wubz
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Instruo Lúbadh stereo looper

Post by Wubz »

OH MUH GAWD
karottenkurt
Learning to Wiggle

Post by karottenkurt »

USB Expander module is another 109€ incl. tax in Germany.
radialMelt
Common Wiggler

Post by radialMelt »

karottenkurt wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:20 am USB Expander module is another 109€ incl. tax in Germany.
Based on the video I would conclude it is just a passive breakout. I bet you could rig something up with an Intellijel 1u USB-A tile for example.
SeanBonham
Common Wiggler

Post by SeanBonham »

Wonder if at some point purchasing a new one will come with all the new goodies? Morphagene might loose it's spot in my case:)
DjangosTiger
Learning to Wiggle

Post by DjangosTiger »

Has anybody found a US distributor for the expansion pack?
radialMelt
Common Wiggler

Post by radialMelt »

Quite happy about the "true" tape overdub behaviour added, and definitely interested to hear that the clock output has improved.

No mention of noise improvements though, and no mention of an undo feature in the manual either.
Crevice
Common Wiggler

Post by Crevice »

So if you don't buy this expander pack you don't get the presets? I'm a bit confused on how to get the presets without purchasing this expander.
karottenkurt
Learning to Wiggle

Post by karottenkurt »

Crevice wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:59 am So if you don't buy this expander pack you don't get the presets? I'm a bit confused on how to get the presets without purchasing this expander.
The presets will be flashed onto the USB drive once you start the module for the first time after updating from v1 to v2 (just did that). If you then open the USB drive on your PC, you'll have access to the preset management folder and tweak the presets to your liking. You can also set which presets will be loaded onto the Lubadh.
However, there is no sign of the samples which seem to come with the expansion set exclusively.
There is an extensive video for preset management on their Youtube channel:

Edit: syntax
Crevice
Common Wiggler

Post by Crevice »

karottenkurt wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:44 am
Crevice wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:59 am So if you don't buy this expander pack you don't get the presets? I'm a bit confused on how to get the presets without purchasing this expander.
The presets will be flashed onto the USB drive once you start the module for the first time after updating from v1 to v2 (just did that). If you then open the USB drive on your PC, you'll have access to the preset management folder and tweak the presets to your liking. You can also set which presets will be loaded onto the Lubadh.
However, there is no sign of the samples which seem to come with the expansion set exclusively.
There is an extensive video for preset management on their Youtube channel:

Edit: syntax
Thank you. I watched the specific video on presets and now it makes sense to me. For those that need further (or a simplified) explanation, the only thing truly new that comes with the purchase of the expansion pack are the samples. The USB header that comes with the expansion pack is for ease of use and not a mandatory need. Because the Lubadh can only store 2 presets (per deck I believe) in order to swap to a new preset you need to edit a couple lines of text that is on a file located on the USB drive. Which means you could be using that USB drive quite a bit. This is why that USB header is useful so you don't have to un-rack your module each time.
Kosmikos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kosmikos »

What? A new firmware?? I really didn’t see it coming!
:miley:

That’s an expensive sample pack, or and expensive USB expander if you don’t need both… :cry:
Kosmikos’ tracks on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-254876270
MARK27
Ultra Wiggler

Post by MARK27 »

DjangosTiger wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:46 am Has anybody found a US distributor for the expansion pack?
They have it at Control NYC
Androlicus
Common Wiggler

Post by Androlicus »

Kosmikos wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:04 pm
That’s an expensive sample pack, or and expensive USB expander if you don’t need both… :cry:
Correct me if I’m wrong, but using the usb expander to load a sample directly into the main unit rather than having to take the unit out to upload 2 samples max or record on the fly seems like a big improvement. If so, that’ll be an easy purchase for me
Jletra
Common Wiggler

Post by Jletra »

Androlicus wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:53 pm
Correct me if I’m wrong, but using the usb expander to load a sample directly into the main unit rather than having to take the unit out to upload 2 samples max or record on the fly seems like a big improvement. If so, that’ll be an easy purchase for me
If you Don’t need the expander but want the sample pack, it’s 100€ for 12x12 samples.
Otherwise it’s a 100€ expander for a module that’s currently selling for 650€.
So I get his point.
Kosmikos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kosmikos »

Jletra wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:18 pm
Androlicus wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:53 pm
If you Don’t need the expander but want the sample pack, it’s 100€ for 12x12 samples.
Otherwise it’s a 100€ expander for a module that’s currently selling for 650€.
So I get his point.
This and an Intellijel usb power is less than 20 bucks.
https://intellijel.com/shop/eurorack/1u/usb-power-1u/
(Obviously not a data connector, but not there isn’t much more to it.)
Kosmikos’ tracks on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-254876270
radialMelt
Common Wiggler

Post by radialMelt »

yup. Personally i will just sneak a USB extension cable through a 1u gap in my case and call it a day
peachesandbacon
Veteran Wiggler

Post by peachesandbacon »

Kosmikos wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:04 pm What? A new firmware?? I really didn’t see it coming!

Personally I think it’s a nice optional way to support the development of the new firmware, which sounds like it really was a huge chunk of work and a big labour of love.

It’s available for free, yet people are still complaining even after the guys at Instruo clearly worked on this thing for the best part of 2 years.

For me it was an instant buy and a good way to support the development of the software.
Mule
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Mule »

peachesandbacon wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:50 pm
Kosmikos wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:04 pm What? A new firmware?? I really didn’t see it coming!

Personally I think it’s a nice optional way to support the development of the new firmware, which sounds like it really was a huge chunk of work and a big labour of love.

It’s available for free, yet people are still complaining even after the guys at Instruo clearly worked on this thing for the best part of 2 years.

For me it was an instant buy and a good way to support the development of the software.
This is why I purchased it. All about supporting the hard work that went into this re-write.
Androlicus
Common Wiggler

Post by Androlicus »

peachesandbacon wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:50 pm

Not wishing to get drawn into this too much but, like the Addac 112, (which I also own) the erratic behaviour of the module needed improving. But there’s a lot more that’s been added in the new firmware that will more than make up for those maddening moments. So I’m very pleased and will no doubt buy the expander to make my workflow easier.
maaark
Learning to Wiggle

Post by maaark »

Watched the longggg video and really intrigued. Super curious to know what it means for the digital (beeping) noise myself and others were experiencing. Sold my module because of that, but if it’s gone will definitely buy again.
Wubz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Wubz »

You gotta love Jason’s extremely comprehensive video on FW2.0.
It’s like having a new module, almost.
radialMelt
Common Wiggler

Post by radialMelt »

maaark wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:23 pm Watched the longggg video and really intrigued. Super curious to know what it means for the digital (beeping) noise myself and others were experiencing. Sold my module because of that, but if it’s gone will definitely buy again.
Just updated and fired it up in my "worst case scenario," which is running my case (Intellijel Performance Case) into my guitar amp via an Intellijel Pedal I/O. It's hard to tell since, in my experience, the severity of the digital noise seems to come and go. While I still have quite a high noise floor with it, it is not the pulsating, tonal sound that I've come to attribute to the Lubadh. I still think its putting out quite a bit of noise though in this scenario, but it is much less apparent since it isn't doing that beeping/pulsating thing.

Definitely take this with a grain of salt. I will do more testing as time allows.

Also, I'm not sure if its me, but the animated reels seem MUCH smoother looking. Perhaps just placebo knowing that I've updated the f/w.

(Full disclosure, I have always been able to live with the noise in my studio setup with cabling choice and proper gain staging. Using it with my guitar rig however has resulted in very, very poor noise performance. So poor I need a noise gate. Hence my testing it this way.)
demorgan
Wiggling with Experience

Post by demorgan »

Just fantastic work by Jason and everyone at Instruo. A long time coming but certainly worth the wait. It delivers more than I hoped. Can’t wait to dig in more.
digidandy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by digidandy »

Crevice wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:33 am I just bought one as well in hopes it helps. Should ground lift button be on or off? I'm assuming on since that seems to be the point. Just want to make sure
Just curious if you got to test it, and if it helps? :eek:
My latest release, including vinyl!

maaark
Learning to Wiggle

Post by maaark »

radialMelt wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:49 pm
maaark wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:23 pm Watched the longggg video and really intrigued. Super curious to know what it means for the digital (beeping) noise myself and others were experiencing. Sold my module because of that, but if it’s gone will definitely buy again.
I still think its putting out quite a bit of noise though in this scenario, but it is much less apparent since it isn't doing that beeping/pulsating thing.

Definitely take this with a grain of salt. I will do more testing as time allows.
Thanks so much for your initial thoughts- will keep watching this space to see how this unfolds!
macio
Common Wiggler

Post by macio »

I wonder if it's possible to make clocked/quantized recording (like Morphagene can) in Clocked preset. So recording starts and stops only with a clock.

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”