Problems Clocking Muxlicer w/ Tempi

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

tdallas
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Re:

Post by tdallas » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:15 am

deftinwulf wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:31 pm
Man, I would be SO interested if anyone can explain why this sort of behavior between modules exists. I went back and forth with 4MS support about my QCD because for whatever reason, it was incapable of triggering my Qu-Bit EON without a buffered multiple inserted in the chain. I demonstrated it in numerous videos - QCD->EON, no trigger; QCD->buff mult->EON, perfect trigger. In the end, 4MS support said that they tested QCD with EON on their end and it worked fine, so it must be a problem with my EON. I've since moved on, but I never found that to be a satisfactory answer. I believe that 4MS was telling the truth, but there *must* be more to it, right?
Out of interest: was your 4ms QCD a DIY kit or maybe an older factory build? The current 4ms module boards/versions seems to use SMD parts. I had something slightly similar between a (double checked) 4ms DIY SCM + Maths -> https://modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 3#p3507356

In that case the tests also behaves nice on side of 4ms support. The working theory then was that on the revised SMD-based builds the impedance problem was fixed, but on the old "non SMD" versions not (e.g. DIY boards). I have made my peace with it since every other combination works fine and the situation could simply be fixed with a buffered mult.

Sometimes things like this happen :despair: (another example -> https://modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 5#p3510792)

Hey_Steve86
Common Wiggler

Re: Problems Clocking Muxlicer w/ Tempi

Post by Hey_Steve86 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:32 am

rockwoofstone wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:10 am
I contacted Befaco about this, and they sent me instructions to make a small modification to my v1.1 Muxlicer which fixed the issue. The solution is (unsurprisingly) to buffer that input on the module, but it only needed a few resistor changes, removal of a couple of diodes, and addition of a transistor. All fixed in just a few minutes, and works fine now, so if you're looking to do the same, give them a shout, and they'll send you the instructions.
This is really good to know. I should contact them as well. I stopped using my modular for a while after I made this thread, but I've picked it up again recently.

I finally ordered that mult, lol.

But this problem is still annoying, and it's not just tempi for me, it's all my Make Noise modules. I can't get the Muxlicer to clock from any Rene gate out, nor Maths channel 4 EOC, although channel 1 EOR works for some reason. Also Pressure Points T-Gate out from Brains doesn't work either.

So I'm so happy to hear there is a fix that isn't too hard! Thanks for giving us this update rockwoofstone!

Befacosynth
Common Wiggler

Re: Problems Clocking Muxlicer w/ Tempi

Post by Befacosynth » Tue May 04, 2021 9:55 am

owsfaratu wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:08 pm
I've had issues with this as well... trying to clock from a keystep 37. I'm gonna be getting a buffered must anyway but would be nice to know whats going on. Clocks fine if i use the rise out of Contour 1.
This was addresses a while ago, affecting all Make noise modules.

So we published a fix and updated our PCB. See Muxlicer thread for further info:

https://www.modwiggler.com/forum/viewto ... &start=100
www.befaco.org
support((at))befaco.org

Return to “Eurorack Modules”