Modes: 36 eurorack cheat sheets for iOS & web

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..
indifference point
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Modes: 29 eurorack cheat sheets for iOS & web

Post by indifference point »

My humble request is Intellijel Quadrax. Wish I could help but i don't know html.
Peng33
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Peng33 »

Mob of Emus would be a great one to add to the list, considering the massive amount of button combos used.
th0mas
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Modes: 36 eurorack cheat sheets for iOS & web

Post by th0mas »

New release today! Up to 36 modules supported now. This release adds Mutable Instruments Marbles, Erica Synths Pico DSP, Pico Logic, Pico Voice, Tiptop Audio ECHOZ, Z5000, ZVERB, XAOC Batumi. Thanks to all cheat-sheet contributors!

If you know HTML and want to submit your favorite module for support please see https://github.com/boourns/synthmodes. From the sales of the app I've been able to hire a part-time writer to continue to add modules, so you will see continuous updates. We prioritize based on module popularity so while some modules may be a good fit, if they're not hugely popular it may be a long time before we get there - still many good fits in the top 200 module list that we haven't added support for.
yobink
Common Wiggler

Post by yobink »

FWIW there's no Marbles on the iOS version. Glad to see modules being added though, and more coming. Thanks Thomas
th0mas
Veteran Wiggler

Post by th0mas »

Oops! Cutting a new release immediately with Marbles included. Will take a day or two to get reviewed and released.
th0mas
Veteran Wiggler

Post by th0mas »

A version that includes Marbles has been released, should hit your local App Store shortly
Imogen
Common Wiggler

Post by Imogen »

Hello!

I'd love to work up how to help add the Qiemem firmware for stages. How would I submit it in plain text?

Thank you!
neumedi
Wiggling with Experience

Post by neumedi »

indifference point wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:55 am My humble request is Intellijel Quadrax. Wish I could help but i don't know html.
Strongly seconded!
Youtube channel with various etudes and patch experiments:

https://www.youtube.com/user/mikeleuz
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper »

I'd like to see:

Quadrax (easy enough, but would be nice to double check the settings page stuff and charts showing curves/shapes)
Tete/Tetrapad
Metropolix
Rainmaker
Pamelas New Workout (also fairly easy, but it would be nice to have a handy reference)
Rample
FXAid (so many fx and params change or each. This would be a huge win!)
Nebulae 2

As it is now, I only have 3 out of the 36 modules in the app despite having a fairly decent sized system of "popular" modules.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

ATW
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ATW »

exper wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:06 pm FXAid (so many fx and params change or each. This would be a huge win!)
That would be epic!
ᴍᴏᴅᴜʟᴀʀ ɢʀɪᴅ ⟡ Control Skiff 6u / 104 Live Case ⟡ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ATW on SoundCloud
moo_lefty
Wiggling with Experience

Post by moo_lefty »

The FX Aid firmware updater already gives you a list of all parameters, and lets you generate a cheat sheet pdf for your chosen algorithms. It's an elegant solution that works well given the mix n match nature of choosing your presets. Not sure why Modes would need to add it?
Mtdining
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Mtdining »

I second the Mob of Emus request! I go between thinking I should sell it and thinking I should spend more time with the manual. The 2% of its capability I use keeps it in the rack.
Skelecaster
Common Wiggler

Post by Skelecaster »

Mtdining wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:36 pm I second the Mob of Emus request! I go between thinking I should sell it and thinking I should spend more time with the manual. The 2% of its capability I use keeps it in the rack.
I would be willing to help write a PR for this update if people can help with the information they would want displayed as part of this. The MoE is so complicated to me that I wouldn't even know where to begin with it.
ATW
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ATW »

moo_lefty wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:17 pm The FX Aid firmware updater already gives you a list of all parameters, and lets you generate a cheat sheet pdf for your chosen algorithms. It's an elegant solution that works well given the mix n match nature of choosing your presets. Not sure why Modes would need to add it?
In Modes fashion, it would be a run-down of all of available effects and their associated parameters and behaviors. With the search field, tags, favorites, etc. That's a different functionality and type of reference than what is offered by the generated PDF cheat sheet (which is great, btw).
ᴍᴏᴅᴜʟᴀʀ ɢʀɪᴅ ⟡ Control Skiff 6u / 104 Live Case ⟡ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ATW on SoundCloud
Mtdining
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Mtdining »

I haven't gotten beyond using the presets with MOE - #10 keeps it in the rack. The couple times I've tried to figure out how to use individual channels, as two LFOs and two quantizers for example, I have failed. I do need to spend more focused time. I think I need step by step instructions rather than a cheat sheet!
gran_syth
Wiggling with Experience

Post by gran_syth »

I agree that including FX aid would look as an essential addition, also NE Versio and maybe the Instruo CsL Arbhar etc?
Rabidnz
Common Wiggler

Post by Rabidnz »

It would be amazing to be able to import FX aid banks
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper »

At one point the Modes creator sent out an email looking for someone part time to write new guides (in simple html I think). I guess no one took him up on that. I work as a dev already so that’s the last thing I have time for, but could be cool for someone looking to get a little experience/extra $.

I’d really love to see more stuff added as it is my preferred way to look up Hemispheres mode info.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

finlayshakespeare
Common Wiggler

Post by finlayshakespeare »

Just stumbled across this, it's amazing work :D
BungHoleCamper
Learning to Wiggle

Post by BungHoleCamper »

Just purchased this app.

Please add support for Disting EX.

Thank you
clwilla
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by clwilla »

I’d totally write for this app.

I do know html. Learned it in 2000 after having made the horrible mistake of telling what would almost certainly have been a dream job I didn’t know it.
th0mas
Veteran Wiggler

Post by th0mas »

Just released another update for Modes! This brings in 8 additional modules, written by Endorphin.es themselves. It was just approved, so it should be live everywhere soon!

Also updates Disting to v4.22.

As for hiring a writer, at the moment I'm too swamped with my next music project to even manage someone else writing cheat sheets right now.. maybe in the fall.

Cheers
Tom
bitfetcher
Learning to Wiggle

Post by bitfetcher »

This is tremendously useful; thank you! In case you do return to it, I’ll request Tiptop FSU, which “should” mostly be a copy/paste/edit of one of their others (Z5000). I know, “Ha! Easy for you to say!”. :)

Really appreciate the fine work!
nvgtr
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nvgtr »

gran_syth wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:06 am I agree that including FX aid would look as an essential addition, also NE Versio and maybe the Instruo CsL Arbhar etc?
I'll echo this too. FX Aid would be a clutch addition for the app. There are a ton of algo options and it would be wonderful to have a quick pocket guide to their parameters.
rurs
Common Wiggler

Post by rurs »

Anyone else having trouble accessing the web version? I'm using Vivaldi on Android, getting an insecure warning:
Attachments
Screenshot_2022-05-13-21-31-43-37_d365b52accad0f47adbc08c16219827d.jpg

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”