WMD Metron sequencer

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..
mnchrme
Veteran Wiggler

Re: WMD Metron sequencer

Post by mnchrme »

Hey guys. No worries about the blue-led indication. If you got these everything is alright. :). If you will get some fail on the indication then send it back for servicing. Or you are running something wrong in your setup.
Steljan
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Steljan »

beat4less wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:27 am Any update regarding the future firmware? :hyper:
Any update on this? It would be ncie to have an ETA.
Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos »

Unless it’s pretty much done and release is imminent, the ETA for any software being written is always “when it’s done”. Not trying to be cute, it’s just the nature of the thing.
Lotsa modules for sale/trade- check it out!

viewtopic.php?t=267547
Ears
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Ears »

You don’t want it before it’s done…
WMDevices
Ultra Wiggler

Post by WMDevices »

Steljan wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:06 am
beat4less wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:27 am Any update regarding the future firmware? :hyper:
We're about to go into testing for the new firmware to verify we didn't introduce new bugs with the Voltera Smooth and Random functionality.

ETA is when we've deemed it acceptable and any found bugs are fixed. Should be within six weeks, but we are dreadful at hitting anticipated deadlines.
Check out the growing number of WMD Demo Videos | WMD Website
Vanden92
Common Wiggler

Post by Vanden92 »

WMDevices wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:07 pm
We're about to go into testing for the new firmware to verify we didn't introduce new bugs with the Voltera Smooth and Random functionality.

ETA is when we've deemed it acceptable and any found bugs are fixed. Should be within six weeks, but we are dreadful at hitting anticipated deadlines.
Those features sound amazing - thanks for the work on it
L-V
Learning to Wiggle

Post by L-V »

smooth and random, wow this is killer
morbank
Common Wiggler

Post by morbank »

Really appreciate this update! Deep gratitude to the whole WMD team!
GOM
Common Wiggler

Post by GOM »

I understand random but would smooth indicate slew between the notes? Sounds like an amazing parting gift by the wonderful guys at WMD!
Steljan
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Steljan »

WMDevices wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:07 pm

Thank you WMD you guys rock :love: !!!
houndington
Learning to Wiggle

Post by houndington »

Just got a shipping notification for my Metron and 2x Voltera :D
nelasma
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nelasma »

Just wanted to give a shout out to WMD and the metron sequencer..it's such a wonderful device for jammin.. such a shame you guys close the doors!
Playing here a lot on the fill page in the middle/first half.. Its just so usable.

Edit: Accidentally posted the wrong jam.. There was not sooo much metron fill page action haha..

Also quite stoked for the new firmware... and I hope I'll still get one of the newer metrons with the new buttons.. thats the only thing thats annoying me on my current one.. Already thinking of getting this somehow customised if I dont get a new one. Wouldn't want to go without it anymore.
Last edited by nelasma on Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
okayiquit
Common Wiggler

Post by okayiquit »

I'm also interested in the new buttons, I was hoping to get a chance to see or hear reviews of what they feel like before buying but the store shut down before I could.
grieben
Learning to Wiggle

Post by grieben »

I've got one of the new ones with the new button design.

They feel pretty good to me. A little smoother to click, but they still click reliably. They feel sturdy and strong.

They do have a bit different of a look to them, though. Nothing major. The button isn't lit up the same way. You can see the edges of the button as a less red ring around the center whereas the older buttons have a more diffuse, full color. I took a couple pictures attached below where I've got the Axxent and Voltera buttons next to the Metron (with the old buttons) for comparison. Note, though, that it looks a bit different in person.

I like it. Very happy to have a more robust model of the Metron to stay with me for a long time!

GOM
Common Wiggler

Post by GOM »

I mean, the original buttons aren't anything to put you off buying it, but nice they've got an upgrade.
okayiquit
Common Wiggler

Post by okayiquit »

grieben wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:38 pm I've got one of the new ones with the new button design.

They feel pretty good to me. A little smoother to click, but they still click reliably. They feel sturdy and strong.

They do have a bit different of a look to them, though. Nothing major. The button isn't lit up the same way. You can see the edges of the button as a less red ring around the center whereas the older buttons have a more diffuse, full color. I took a couple pictures attached below where I've got the Axxent and Voltera buttons next to the Metron (with the old buttons) for comparison. Note, though, that it looks a bit different in person.

I like it. Very happy to have a more robust model of the Metron to stay with me for a long time!

Thanks for the reply, now I just have to find one...
GOM wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:40 pm I mean, the original buttons aren't anything to put you off buying it, but nice they've got an upgrade.
Mostly I found the reliability of the old buttons to be hit or miss. I could always get them to trigger, but sometimes it would require a heavier or lighter touch, and for me it was annoying enough that I sold it. I regret it, honestly I'd probably even be willing to buy the old version again, but would prefer a chance for better buttons.
GOM
Common Wiggler

Post by GOM »

okayiquit wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:18 pm Mostly I found the reliability of the old buttons to be hit or miss. I could always get them to trigger, but sometimes it would require a heavier or lighter touch, and for me it was annoying enough that I sold it. I regret it, honestly I'd probably even be willing to buy the old version again, but would prefer a chance for better buttons.
I have the Metron and I think there's one, maybe two buttons that have this issue but I think it depends on the time of year (temperature). I would never even consider selling it for this particular issue and I have no doubt if I took it to someone with even the most basic knowledge of synth/ electrical repairs they could probably sort it out were it ever to become such a big problem.

But, like you say, to have the new buttons would be better. Good luck trying to find one, I'm sure they'll crop up in stores in the coming weeks!
nelasma
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nelasma »

grieben wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:38 pm I've got one of the new ones with the new button design.

Did you try the live recording functionality with the new buttons? Did that improve by any chance?
okayiquit wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:18 pm Mostly I found the reliability of the old buttons to be hit or miss. I could always get them to trigger, but sometimes it would require a heavier or lighter touch, and for me it was annoying enough that I sold it. I regret it, honestly I'd probably even be willing to buy the old version again, but would prefer a chance for better buttons.
Dito, that was also almost the case for me. But yeah in the whole there was just too much pros so I kept it. I preordered the new version as well here in Germany at Schneiders. Dunno if I made it early enough. We'll see.

Another thing I'd love to see would be for Volteras to have a mode like Voltageblock where the CV is continuously recorded (not just when one moves the knob). Often I find that more practical for jamming. Tho I guess I'll never see this functionality.
nelasma
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nelasma »

GOM wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:21 am
I have the Metron and I think there's one, maybe two buttons that have this issue but I think it depends on the time of year (temperature). I would never even consider selling it for this particular issue and I have no doubt if I took it to someone with even the most basic knowledge of synth/ electrical repairs they could probably sort it out were it ever to become such a big problem.

But, like you say, to have the new buttons would be better. Good luck trying to find one, I'm sure they'll crop up in stores in the coming weeks!
Well for me its def more than one or two haha... more like 6+.. And I'm cleaning it every day with a high pressure air cleaner. Maybe I'll need to get it out of the case and go again at it with the air cleaner but at the moment its tightly patched so my motivation is not the highest haha...
Also don't thinking its temperature since I sed it all time around the year. But yeah if push comes to shove and I don't get one with the new ones I'll def take it somewhere to get that fixed somehow.. tho I guess it would be quite costly for so many buttons?
GOM
Common Wiggler

Post by GOM »

nelasma wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:29 am Well for me its def more than one or two haha... more like 6+.. And I'm cleaning it every day with a high pressure air cleaner. Maybe I'll need to get it out of the case and go again at it with the air cleaner but at the moment its tightly patched so my motivation is not the highest haha...
Also don't thinking its temperature since I sed it all time around the year. But yeah if push comes to shove and I don't get one with the new ones I'll def take it somewhere to get that fixed somehow.. tho I guess it would be quite costly for so many buttons?
I shouldn't think it would be costly. It's a very basic job for somebody, the parts would cost about €2 max but I just depends how much they charge you for labour. I got a Moog Voyager fixed for €300 and the part that needed replacing was less than €20. That's not to make a direct comparison, just to highlight the reality of repair work. I suspect it would cost less than €100 to have a few buttons replaced.

Also, don't forget that Schneidersladen will be an official repairer for WMD when they close. Just send your Metron to them and they'll sort it out. Spending over €700 on a new one is absolutely bonkers imo, but whichever you prefer!!! :hihi:
nelasma
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nelasma »

Well I can always sell my old one if I get the new one haha. They will? I didn’t know about that. I actually wrote Schneiders cause of the buttons and the case of WMD closing but they never replied to that so far.
nelasma
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nelasma »

Also what would I do while the metron is gone hahahaha…
Also if the new buttons by chance really trigger consistently (also while recording) I really wouldn’t mind. It would make it just so much better 🤷🏽‍♂️
I doesn’t concern me while programming patterns but while jammin live and unprepared it def does if you have to re-record or hit a button multiple times. It just gets you out of the zone.
GOM
Common Wiggler

Post by GOM »

nelasma wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:31 am Also what would I do while the metron is gone hahahaha…
Also if the new buttons by chance really trigger consistently (also while recording) I really wouldn’t mind. It would make it just so much better 🤷🏽‍♂️
I doesn’t concern me while programming patterns but while jammin live and unprepared it def does if you have to re-record or hit a button multiple times. It just gets you out of the zone.
Yeah I get the jamming thing. I don't use it for that so it doesn't really bother me but like I said on mine it's only a couple of buttons and it's not every time. I have a mutes which is channel 9 always which can be annoying, but again, an incredibly easy fix.
Last edited by GOM on Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
nelasma
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nelasma »

GOM wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:53 am Yeah I get the naming thing. I don't use it for that so it doesn't really bother me but like I said on mine it's only a couple of buttons and it's not every time. I have a mutes which is channel 9 always which can be annoying, but again, an incredibly easy fix.
I hope it is! I’m always a bit pessimistic about these things but if you’re right that def would make me happy haha

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”