WMD Metron sequencer

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..
mosorensen
Ultra Wiggler

Re: WMD Metron sequencer

Post by mosorensen »

L-V wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:43 pm Is there an obvious/elegant MIDI breakout solution for Metron ? I want to send 1 track of midi to external gear. I wonder if there is anything that maybe could connect to the Metron S-BUS and send MIDI out through TRS or DIN .. ?
Expert Sleepers has this module, but I am not sure how many different MIDI commands Metron can actually send through the S-Bus:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/expert-sl ... s-breakout
The Journey is the Destination
morbank
Common Wiggler

Post by morbank »

Is it possible to duplicate/copy a Page (say Page 2) from one Variation (say Variation A) and paste it into a specific Page (say Page 4) in another Variation (say Variation C)?

I often take a 16 step Page and copy it to multiple Variations and then change each one (making variations). In this case it would be nice to be able to take the best Variations and put them back to back in a specific order in one multi-Page Variation. This would then free up the other Variations to experiment with. Kind of like bouncing down with old reel to reel recording. As it is, I am running out of Variations pretty quickly.
morbank
Common Wiggler

Post by morbank »

"Compose Chain" looks like it does this. I had played with Compose Scene but I missed this feature... Never-mind!
SirSickSik
Learning to Wiggle

Post by SirSickSik »

Is it possible to randomise a voltera's channels by an assignable input? I have 5 of them and would like to auto-randomise some channels..
James_S
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by James_S »

SirSickSik wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:05 pm Is it possible to randomise a voltera's channels by an assignable input? I have 5 of them and would like to auto-randomise some channels..
Unfortunately not but it would be an amazing firmware addition.
Vanden92
Common Wiggler

Post by Vanden92 »

James_S wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:42 pm
SirSickSik wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:05 pm Is it possible to randomise a voltera's channels by an assignable input? I have 5 of them and would like to auto-randomise some channels..
Unfortunately not but it would be an amazing firmware addition.
Yeh I’d also like to see this. Would be great to send it a manual gate to randomise when you like and then it would loop that random until you send another gate. Turing machine-esque
escargot
Common Wiggler

Post by escargot »

Joey P. wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:42 pm Anyone successfully controlling Metron scenes on the Select bus?

What MIDI does Metron respond to as a Select bus slave? I'm trying to get it to respond to an ES Select Bus Breakout. I have Select bus direction to "in" and have tried sending bank and program changes on channel 1, but no go.

I can use it as master and the EX breakout does receive program changes on MIDI channel 1. Just can't get it to work as slave.

Thanks,
Hey Bro, did you ever get that working? Now that i have all those patterns in metron, i'd love to program change them via midi... WMD replied to you suggesting ch0, but midi is 1-16 isn't it?
XiXora
Common Wiggler

Post by XiXora »

0–15 raw binary value, I assume they are referring to as in ch1.
enno
Wiggling with Experience

Post by enno »

Hi Metron heads, was just wondering, has there been a firmware update to allow more granular probability setting per step? Or still only possible to select between the preset probability values?
okayiquit
Common Wiggler

Post by okayiquit »

enno wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:29 am Hi Metron heads, was just wondering, has there been a firmware update to allow more granular probability setting per step? Or still only possible to select between the preset probability values?
Still preset per step. 10, 25, 50, 75.
muffdiver
Common Wiggler

Post by muffdiver »

okayiquit wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:38 am
enno wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:29 am Hi Metron heads, was just wondering, has there been a firmware update to allow more granular probability setting per step? Or still only possible to select between the preset probability values?
On related request - any chance of getting more granular control over gate length in future firmware versions? Even 10% increments would be better.
---,---,---,---,---,---,---,---,---,---,---,---,---,---,---,---,
The artist formerly known as "mod-diver"
---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`---`
enno
Wiggling with Experience

Post by enno »

muffdiver wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:50 pm
okayiquit wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:38 am
On related request - any chance of getting more granular control over gate length in future firmware versions? Even 10% increments would be better.
yeah - both would be really good!!
James_S
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by James_S »

Still awaiting the sacred firmware update for this. Refusing to lose the faith that one day it'll appear!!!
Vanden92
Common Wiggler

Post by Vanden92 »

James_S wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:32 am Still awaiting the sacred firmware update for this. Refusing to lose the faith that one day it'll appear!!!
Have seen this firmware update mentioned a few times, but never by WMD. I'm guessing this is something they promised/suggested would happen? How long ago?

Is anyone pairing their Metron with another module that can add variation to anything sequenced in Metron? Thinking of something like Bastl Kompas https://bastl-instruments.com/eurorack/modules/kompas

Ideally, want some easy to program Euclidian stuff - while possible to programme on Metron it's not very immediate.
James_S
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by James_S »

Vanden92 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:10 am Have seen this firmware update mentioned a few times, but never by WMD. I'm guessing this is something they promised/suggested would happen? How long ago?
Yeah Alex mentioned it to me in an email. I'm wondering if they've given up and maybe decided that just designing a Metron mk.2 would be easier. I hope not!!

It's been spoken about for about 18 months.
WMDevices
Ultra Wiggler

Post by WMDevices »

James_S wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:14 am
Vanden92 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:10 am Have seen this firmware update mentioned a few times, but never by WMD. I'm guessing this is something they promised/suggested would happen? How long ago?
Yeah Alex mentioned it to me in an email. I'm wondering if they've given up and maybe decided that just designing a Metron mk.2 would be easier. I hope not!!

Firmware update is coming. Not going to have more granularity in random. It will have some other things though, not going to list them now as it may change based on available memory and unintended consequences. Each firmware update takes longer because it requires us to very thoroughly test every existing feature to ensure it doesn't break.
Check out the growing number of WMD Demo Videos | WMD Website
jpizzo
Common Wiggler

Post by jpizzo »

Cooool!!!
elphenden
Common Wiggler

Post by elphenden »

Great news! Looking forward to seeing what you add to this already awesome beast.
dbeats
Veteran Wiggler

Post by dbeats »

I had been voting and waiting for more granularity in random as well - until I recently got to know other drum sequencers' implementation of randomness...I'm talking about the Behringer RD-9 and the Ground Control from Endorphin.es. Even happier now with my Metron v1.4.
Vanden92
Common Wiggler

Post by Vanden92 »

WMDevices wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:01 pm
James_S wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:14 am

Firmware update is coming. Not going to have more granularity in random. It will have some other things though, not going to list them now as it may change based on available memory and unintended consequences. Each firmware update takes longer because it requires us to very thoroughly test every existing feature to ensure it doesn't break.
Nice one mate! Looking forward to it
bravewave
Common Wiggler

Post by bravewave »

Hopefully there will be some kind of euklid mode in the update!!! Looking forward to install it. :hyper:
beat4less
Common Wiggler

Post by beat4less »

bravewave wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:26 am Hopefully there will be some kind of euklid mode in the update!!! Looking forward to install it. :hyper:
No use of an euclid feature IMHO. You can set steps and lenght so easily…
Vanden92
Common Wiggler

Post by Vanden92 »

beat4less wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:03 am
bravewave wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:26 am Hopefully there will be some kind of euklid mode in the update!!! Looking forward to install it. :hyper:
No use of an euclid feature IMHO. You can set steps and lenght so easily…
Sure, if you can distribute gates evenly across a number of steps in your head. I'd imagine most would require a lookup of Euclidian rhythms to do this, or an online widget that you can punch the numbers into. Speaking of, does anyone know of one?
James_S
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by James_S »

More than 16 steps in Scenes is my main wish!!
Last edited by James_S on Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vanden92
Common Wiggler

Post by Vanden92 »

James_S wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:16 am More than 16 steps in Stages is my main wish!!
Sorry, James, what do you mean by that exactly?

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”