THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Post Reply
User avatar
timoka
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by timoka » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:43 pm

i accidentally rediscovered some short demos i made 4 years ago with the te-1.
i would immediately turn back time and never ever send my te-1 in to have it replaced by the te-2. the prospect of cv control was enough back then to convince me. now, with all this sequencer midi usb thing i really don't know what to expect; i really wish back the simple te-1 design.... :despair:


User avatar
slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2017
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:27 am
Location: 44G
Contact:

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by slumberjack » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:39 pm

Bionecteur wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:43 am
I am relaxed

...this is the way ...
:tu:

User avatar
Bionecteur
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:58 am
Location: Würselen Germany

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by Bionecteur » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:54 pm

Estes wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:11 pm
Bionecteur wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:43 am
Hihi , just realized that I did the order (for the TE 1 at that moment ) nearly 4 years ago...
I am very glad that Jim is still working on the TE-2 and hope that it will be something unique.
I have a already arranged some space on my desk next to the modular for it.
I hope it will come in 21
I am relaxed

...this is the way ...
I did some space too, meamwhile I had 3 delays since I ordered the Te-2...
Yeah , I have a bunch of delays and pretty covered...maybe that's why I am so relaxed.
By the way, I really like the sound of " warten"

User avatar
kingsmore
Common Wiggler
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:24 am
Contact:

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by kingsmore » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:55 pm

Maybe a new, separate thread where we talk about the positive and awesome things we will do with the TE-2?

Like this can be the old controversy thread when it “didn’t exist” and now we can focus on what does exist

The Space Case thread v.2.1 . . . ? Just an idea. I have only had skin in the game for a year so maybe I’m not qualified to say! Haha

User avatar
drowld
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1287
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:53 pm

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by drowld » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:30 pm

Lets make this a positive thread for now on rather than creating a new one. Hopefully people will stop the FUD and stay nice
WTB: Mimeophon, WMD SSF DPLR, SSF Vortices, Frap tools 321, MI Warps

Estes
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:28 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by Estes » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:42 pm

timoka wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:43 pm
i accidentally rediscovered some short demos i made 4 years ago with the te-1.
i would immediately turn back time and never ever send my te-1 in to have it replaced by the te-2. the prospect of cv control was enough back then to convince me. now, with all this sequencer midi usb thing i really don't know what to expect; i really wish back the simple te-1 design.... :despair:

What? Why did you had to send it? Doesn't makes any sense.

User avatar
TemplarK
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1320
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:31 pm
Location: Outer Space

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by TemplarK » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:42 pm



Ok I have to say that's sounding fucking amazing to my ear!
Most active topic:THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit
(174 Posts / 13.21% of your posts)

User avatar
revtor
Dialing it in..
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:31 am
Location: North Jerz

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by revtor » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:24 pm

Coming together! Does sound super clean, love it!!
Last edited by revtor on Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fellow North Jersey Synthaholic

User avatar
kingsmore
Common Wiggler
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:24 am
Contact:

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by kingsmore » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:35 pm

ideas are beginning to form

User avatar
Kattefjaes
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1584
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:47 am
Location: UK

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by Kattefjaes » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:46 pm

kingsmore wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:35 pm
ideas are beginning to form
The black goose flies at midnight.

User avatar
slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2017
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:27 am
Location: 44G
Contact:

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by slumberjack » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:38 pm

drowld wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:30 pm
Lets make this a positive thread for now on
^^

Thorsday
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:22 am

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by Thorsday » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:14 am

The fidelity is insane... So is the lack of noise and tape hiss. Listening to that Instagram post with Etymotic ER4XR in-ears... Sweet depth!

I remember Jim stating cassette has/had potential to sound Hi-Fi. Most people's memory of the cassette experience was on consumer grade equipment.

User avatar
slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2017
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:27 am
Location: 44G
Contact:

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by slumberjack » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:21 am

Thorsday wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:14 am
The fidelity is insane... So is the lack of noise and tape hiss. Listening to that Instagram post with Etymotic ER4XR in-ears... Sweet depth!

I remember Jim stating cassette has/had potential to sound Hi-Fi. Most people's memory of the cassette experience was on consumer grade equipment.
Did you read the comments? All are like 'wow I want one'...so we who did a pre-order should consider us as lucky as f and stop ranting around. I mean if any backer is not pleased after receiving the box in a few months can be sure to sell it with a nice mark up and buy 10 RE-20 instead. :hihi:

User avatar
drowld
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1287
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:53 pm

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by drowld » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:14 am

TemplarK wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:42 pm
Ok I have to say that's sounding fucking amazing to my ear!
Damn it is amazing. God now i'm itching for it haha.
WTB: Mimeophon, WMD SSF DPLR, SSF Vortices, Frap tools 321, MI Warps

User avatar
spilthyfred
Common Wiggler
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:58 am

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by spilthyfred » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:18 am

So... how do I get in on obtaining one of these bad boys?? Is there any way to do a pre-order or is this just a one-off sort of deal? I REALLY want one!

User avatar
slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2017
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:27 am
Location: 44G
Contact:

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by slumberjack » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:47 am

spilthyfred wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:18 am
So... how do I get in on obtaining one of these bad boys?? Is there any way to do a pre-order or is this just a one-off sort of deal? I REALLY want one!
A few might be still available from the batch, so go their website and ask if...

User avatar
spilthyfred
Common Wiggler
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:58 am

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by spilthyfred » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:28 pm

slumberjack wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:47 am
spilthyfred wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:18 am
So... how do I get in on obtaining one of these bad boys?? Is there any way to do a pre-order or is this just a one-off sort of deal? I REALLY want one!
A few might be still available from the batch, so go their website and ask if...
Hmmm... it looks like the website is down :(

citizensmurf
Common Wiggler
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 7:16 pm

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by citizensmurf » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:30 pm

spilthyfred wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:28 pm
slumberjack wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:47 am
spilthyfred wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:18 am
So... how do I get in on obtaining one of these bad boys?? Is there any way to do a pre-order or is this just a one-off sort of deal? I REALLY want one!
A few might be still available from the batch, so go their website and ask if...
Hmmm... it looks like the website is down :(
Try this one

https://www.catskillanalog.com/

User avatar
spilthyfred
Common Wiggler
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:58 am

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by spilthyfred » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:42 pm

citizensmurf wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:30 pm
spilthyfred wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:28 pm
slumberjack wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:47 am
spilthyfred wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:18 am
So... how do I get in on obtaining one of these bad boys?? Is there any way to do a pre-order or is this just a one-off sort of deal? I REALLY want one!
A few might be still available from the batch, so go their website and ask if...
Hmmm... it looks like the website is down :(
Try this one

https://www.catskillanalog.com/
Awesome, thank you!

leterell
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:46 am
Location: Europe

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by leterell » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:44 am

timoka wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:43 pm
i accidentally rediscovered some short demos i made 4 years ago with the te-1.
i would immediately turn back time and never ever send my te-1 in to have it replaced by the te-2. the prospect of cv control was enough back then to convince me. now, with all this sequencer midi usb thing i really don't know what to expect; i really wish back the simple te-1 design.... :despair:
Oh man this hits the feels

I'm also kinda facepalming regarding the feature creep. Especially since every type of tech incorporated will inevitably add much more time than an optimist (that Jim really has to be) would originally think to the wait for a somewhat functional product in my hands. OTOH I'm coming up with really backwards ways of slowing down my creative process utilising the features of my gear, so who knows.

I tried to order a TE-1 from the batch which went on to become TE-2s. In the meantime i bought a used TE-1 to cope with my c-cassette echo withdrawals (i was using up a significant part of my euro rig to route that hacked marantz for echo use was no longer working out).
looking for a STORAGE STRIP for my D0!

Sir Ruff
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by Sir Ruff » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:25 pm

If anyone is interesting in jumping the queue, shoot me a PM; I need to leave the paid pre-order list.

User avatar
revtor
Dialing it in..
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:31 am
Location: North Jerz

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by revtor » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:16 pm

New demo on insta. Don’t know how to link it here.. black faceplate this time. Recording getting sloooowed down . . .
Fellow North Jersey Synthaholic

User avatar
meska
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by meska » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:42 am

Sir Ruff wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:25 pm
If anyone is interesting in jumping the queue, shoot me a PM; I need to leave the paid pre-order list.
can't find the price of the preorder an the final price, website is down, can you help me ?
i have a serious eye on this
tremblap wrote: In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.
www.meska.fr
https://statikwave.bandcamp.com/

User avatar
jzwoopwoop
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:31 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by jzwoopwoop » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:30 pm

meska wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:42 am
Sir Ruff wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:25 pm
If anyone is interesting in jumping the queue, shoot me a PM; I need to leave the paid pre-order list.
can't find the price of the preorder an the final price, website is down, can you help me ?
i have a serious eye on this
The website is not down: https://www.catskillanalog.com/

No idea if he's changed the pre-order price or if he's even accepting further pre-orders, but original pre-order price eas $1250 (with an extra $30 or 35 for shipping).

User avatar
meska
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:25 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by meska » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:54 pm

hmmm thx !
tremblap wrote: In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.
www.meska.fr
https://statikwave.bandcamp.com/

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”