NLC Triple Sloth

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Post Reply
User avatar
rafyc
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:01 pm
Location: Paris

Re: NLC Triple Sloth

Post by rafyc » Tue May 04, 2021 1:33 pm

andrewF wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:23 am
Modular addict should have new stock any day now and Synthcube just dropped a big order. Haven't heard from Thonk in ages so don't expect anything there anytime soon. 3U-shop still have some

Sorry about the shipping, blame Auspost who won't let me send boards as letters anymore, so all orders out of Australia are USD20 shipping with signed delivery and tracking (free within Aus). Not great when you want 1 PCB but pretty good when you order a few modules.
Thanks ! 3u Shop is in UE thanks !

User avatar
m12386
Common Wiggler
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:44 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: NLC Triple Sloth

Post by m12386 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:33 am

andrewF wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:23 am
Modular addict should have new stock any day now and Synthcube just dropped a big order.
Damn, late to the party. All out of stock.

User avatar
andrewF
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4066
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:36 pm
Location: WA
Contact:

Re: NLC Triple Sloth

Post by andrewF » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:55 am

m12386 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:33 am
andrewF wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:23 am
Modular addict should have new stock any day now and Synthcube just dropped a big order.
Damn, late to the party. All out of stock.
Oh well, shitloads available at nonlinearcircuits.com :hihi:

User avatar
m12386
Common Wiggler
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:44 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: NLC Triple Sloth

Post by m12386 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:45 am

andrewF wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:55 am
m12386 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:33 am
andrewF wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:23 am
Modular addict should have new stock any day now and Synthcube just dropped a big order.
Damn, late to the party. All out of stock.
Oh well, shitloads available at nonlinearcircuits.com :hihi:
Which panel is this one? Regular or B-stock?
Image

User avatar
DCDanno
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:47 pm
Location: Ozarks

Re: NLC Triple Sloth

Post by DCDanno » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:02 am

m12386 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:45 am
andrewF wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:55 am
m12386 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:33 am
andrewF wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:23 am
Modular addict should have new stock any day now and Synthcube just dropped a big order.
Damn, late to the party. All out of stock.
Oh well, shitloads available at nonlinearcircuits.com :hihi:
Which panel is this one? Regular or B-stock?
Image
Full disclosure, I don't work for NLC so this is just my experience / guess. I'm pretty sure "B-stock" means the panels have some imperfection and Andrew cannot or will not (ethics!) sell them as perfect. I've purchased several B-stock and regular panels from NLC and some of the B-stocks had a small bubble here or there. Sometimes I couldn't tell the difference. Nothing that impacted functionality.

I think the image you posted is a rendering of a panel, not a photo, but represents what a perfect panel would look like. Presumably the various b-stocks are different in different ways, if that makes sense.

User avatar
m12386
Common Wiggler
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:44 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: NLC Triple Sloth

Post by m12386 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:40 pm

DCDanno wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:02 am
Full disclosure, I don't work for NLC so this is just my experience / guess. I'm pretty sure "B-stock" means the panels have some imperfection and Andrew cannot or will not (ethics!) sell them as perfect. I've purchased several B-stock and regular panels from NLC and some of the B-stocks had a small bubble here or there. Sometimes I couldn't tell the difference. Nothing that impacted functionality.

I think the image you posted is a rendering of a panel, not a photo, but represents what a perfect panel would look like. Presumably the various b-stocks are different in different ways, if that makes sense.
Yeah, that makes sense. I was just wondering about the actual panel design. There seems to be two different kinds, unless it’s reversible?

User avatar
DCDanno
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:47 pm
Location: Ozarks

Re: NLC Triple Sloth

Post by DCDanno » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:54 pm

m12386 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:40 pm
Yeah, that makes sense. I was just wondering about the actual panel design. There seems to be two different kinds, unless it’s reversible?
There are black panels available from NLC. Synthcube offers white and black Magpie, different than factory. I don't know of any reversible panels, but with Triple Sloths being symmetrical it's possible.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”