Hexinverter Mindphaser - Complex Oscillator

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford

vilovisp
Common Wiggler

Re: Hexinverter Mindphaser - Complex Oscillator

Post by vilovisp »

Zymos wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:52 pm I’m fine with the build quality, but stand by my opinions of the ergonomics. No one needs to get disgusted by some minor criticisms, and personally I’d rather read about that then someone saying anything is 100% perfect and the best thing ever.

But it is what it is, and it’s a great module overall....
Actually sorry maybe i was a little rough with the Disgust thingy, but seriously it sounds so cool... im going crazy with it
Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos »

No worries- it’s a good one, happy to hear you’re loving it!
Maybe you’d like to buy some of these nice used modules?

viewtopic.php?p=3730210&hilit=Lotsa#p3730210
Back Down the Path
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Back Down the Path »

I didn’t mean to snap back there but I check this thread daily and the protracted nitpicking session was really standing out to me.
Loads of stuff for sale here (PA/US).
wasabi
Learning to Wiggle

Post by wasabi »

I'm having so much fun with this module! It sounds so good, feels so good, and is keeping me up at night!
thelowerrhythm
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thelowerrhythm »

My main "fancy" oscillator for the longest time was an Odessa, and while I did love it, I dislike comb filtering (nails on a chalkboard to me), so it kept getting left out. I know you can turn it off, but that's such a big part of it. Selling it to get a Mindphaser was a good swap, despite both being fantastic. I've honestly been happier than a pig in shit with this thing for the last few days. I could definitely do with a different knob feel... it kind of reminds me of the feel I didn't like about Sputnik stuff... but it's very smartly designed. You can get a lot out of it in ways that feel good and constructive without having to negotiate with its design too much. I almost never see it discussed on complex oscillator threads and now I've really got no idea why.
"Ah yeah, you’ve got that strange blend of apathy and self-flagellation that somehow gets you where you want to go."
hypnoz
Common Wiggler

Post by hypnoz »

thelowerrhythm wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:05 am My main "fancy" oscillator for the longest time was an Odessa, and while I did love it, I dislike comb filtering (nails on a chalkboard to me), so it kept getting left out. I know you can turn it off, but that's such a big part of it. Selling it to get a Mindphaser was a good swap, despite both being fantastic. I've honestly been happier than a pig in shit with this thing for the last few days. I could definitely do with a different knob feel... it kind of reminds me of the feel I didn't like about Sputnik stuff... but it's very smartly designed. You can get a lot out of it in ways that feel good and constructive without having to negotiate with its design too much. I almost never see it discussed on complex oscillator threads and now I've really got no idea why.
Totally agree with this take
Puscha
Common Wiggler

Post by Puscha »

I've had my Mindphaser for a week now and I have to say that I'm super impressed! It's exceeding my expectations. While it's got so much complexity and things that it can do, it's very intuitive to navigate and not too difficult to get it where you want it. I love all the well thought out features. Those inverting buttons are an awesome idea, so simple but so useful. And the range switch for the modulator is awesome too! The knobs feel fine to me, FWIW haha.

Here is my first public recording with it. It's taking on bass duties with the ramp/saw output of the carrier running through QMMG modulated by Make Noise Contour, while also creating a really great metallic percussive sound by mixing the main out with the modulator square out through FxDf, with the 1411hz out going through another QMMG channel and the high output through 2nd channel of LxD, each controlled by Maths.

So excited to explore it more! Also keen to read what tips and tricks you may have to share, and hear what you're all doing with it now that it's in the wild a little more broadly!
Don Cajon
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Don Cajon »

Did the QR code of the manual from the package work for you? It just forwards me to the product page with the quick start picture from the back of the package.
PaulAI
Learning to Wiggle

Post by PaulAI »

Hi everyone.
Got my Minfphaser last week. Loving the sounds and ergonomics.
But upon watching the presentation video I noticed the LFO blue LED next to the range switch.
Mine never goes on, altho I can see that the oscillator is in LFO ranges but the led in the mod bus.

Is this normal? did it get disabled in the final release or is there something else happening?

Any input would be appreciated. Thx
Puscha
Common Wiggler

Post by Puscha »

PaulAI wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:52 pm Hi everyone.
Got my Minfphaser last week. Loving the sounds and ergonomics.
But upon watching the presentation video I noticed the LFO blue LED next to the range switch.
Mine never goes on, altho I can see that the oscillator is in LFO ranges but the led in the mod bus.

Is this normal? did it get disabled in the final release or is there something else happening?

Any input would be appreciated. Thx
Keep pushing it! Each time you push it it goes one octave, so if you push it down enough times it will go slow enough to be in LFO mode.
Don Cajon wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:34 pm Did the QR code of the manual from the package work for you? It just forwards me to the product page with the quick start picture from the back of the package.
There is no manual for it just yet. Be mindful that this is the first batch of the module and so things like that were created with a wider release in mind. They'll get there eventually.
PaulAI
Learning to Wiggle

Post by PaulAI »

Puscha wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:13 pm
Keep pushing it! Each time you push it it goes one octave, so if you push it down enough times it will go slow enough to be in LFO mode.
Puscha unfortunately it doesn't work.
Turned off sync mode, and pushed it down like 10 times. the Blue LFO led just does not go on.
Outputs are looking good tho in proper LFO territory. I can only assume that the LED is might not be soldered on properly.

Here is a video where you can see the issue, with one of the outs going to the O'Tools scope

Let me know your thoughts.
Cheers,
Paul
Puscha
Common Wiggler

Post by Puscha »

PaulAI wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:23 am Puscha unfortunately it doesn't work.
Turned off sync mode, and pushed it down like 10 times. the Blue LFO led just does not go on.
Outputs are looking good tho in proper LFO territory. I can only assume that the LED is might not be soldered on properly.
Yep that isn't right at all. Looks like it's only the LED, thankfully. Get in touch with Hexinverter directly, surely they will be able to sort it out easy enough.
PaulAI
Learning to Wiggle

Post by PaulAI »

Yes looks like it's only the LED.
Since I got it from a dealer, I already reached out to Schneiders in Berlin to see what can be done about it. Should be a quick fix hopefully.

Altho there is someone experiencing the opposite on the Hexinverter forum. LFO indicator always on.
DukeOfPrunes
Veteran Wiggler

Post by DukeOfPrunes »

Puscha wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:23 pm I've had my Mindphaser for a week now and I have to say that I'm super impressed! It's exceeding my expectations. While it's got so much complexity and things that it can do, it's very intuitive to navigate and not too difficult to get it where you want it. I love all the well thought out features. Those inverting buttons are an awesome idea, so simple but so useful. And the range switch for the modulator is awesome too! The knobs feel fine to me, FWIW haha.

Here is my first public recording with it. It's taking on bass duties with the ramp/saw output of the carrier running through QMMG modulated by Make Noise Contour, while also creating a really great metallic percussive sound by mixing the main out with the modulator square out through FxDf, with the 1411hz out going through another QMMG channel and the high output through 2nd channel of LxD, each controlled by Maths.

So excited to explore it more! Also keen to read what tips and tricks you may have to share, and hear what you're all doing with it now that it's in the wild a little more broadly!
Very soothing. I dig it!
liamshy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by liamshy »

hexinverter wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:10 am
morgulbee wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:59 am
FraBod wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:17 pm
Electro Something wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:50 pm Anybody who pre-ordered with Detroit Modular received theirs yet? Still waiting here.
I'm still waiting for mine.
I sent them an inquiry this morning asking about status of my order.
DM is still waiting on their shipment.
Because I'm still waiting to receive the last shipments from production. Sorry, it's taking forever!
As soon as they're here, Dan will be getting his box o goodies. They're coming, don't worry, hang tight!
Hi Stacy,

Any updates on the Detroit Modular shipment?

Thanks!
hexinverter
the nettles make me think happy times

Post by hexinverter »

liamshy wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:47 pm
hexinverter wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:10 am
morgulbee wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:59 am
FraBod wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:17 pm
Electro Something wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:50 pm Anybody who pre-ordered with Detroit Modular received theirs yet? Still waiting here.
I'm still waiting for mine.
I sent them an inquiry this morning asking about status of my order.
DM is still waiting on their shipment.
Because I'm still waiting to receive the last shipments from production. Sorry, it's taking forever!
As soon as they're here, Dan will be getting his box o goodies. They're coming, don't worry, hang tight!
Hi Stacy,

Any updates on the Detroit Modular shipment?

Thanks!
Still waiting. But they're coming.
Couple of weeks, I figure. Sorry guys.
Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos »

Here’s a short demo- I’ve got both PWM from the modulator side, and also varying sounds from the main PM output, both going through NE Desmodus Versio.

Karl_Joseph
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Karl_Joseph »

Zymos wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:26 pm Here’s a short demo- I’ve got both PWM from the modulator side, and also varying sounds from the main PM output, both going through NE Desmodus Versio.

Damn that sounds bad ass.
Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos »

Thanks, I thought so too!

Electro Something
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Electro Something »

hexinverter wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:12 am Still waiting. But they're coming.
Couple of weeks, I figure. Sorry guys.
Shipping to Detroit Modular this week maybe!?! :hail:
liamshy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by liamshy »

Haha the obligatory 2 week check in, I feel it 🤘😆🤘
hexinverter

Post by hexinverter »

Updates

Shipments to Dealers
Final box of modules are finally en-route to HQ.
Will ship out to pending dealers (including DM) next week or thereabouts. Sorry for the wait! Everything is sloooooooow :zombie:

User Manual
Still coming. Not yet. Sometime in August more than likely, maybe Sept. Lots of moving targets right now but will get to it!

Demos
Dash Glitch has done a more musical example video with Mindphaser, as per request. Check it out if you're interested!
liamshy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by liamshy »

hexinverter wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:41 am Updates

Shipments to Dealers
Final box of modules are finally en-route to HQ.
Will ship out to pending dealers (including DM) next week or thereabouts. Sorry for the wait! Everything is sloooooooow :zombie:

User Manual
Still coming. Not yet. Sometime in August more than likely, maybe Sept. Lots of moving targets right now but will get to it!

Demos
Dash Glitch has done a more musical example video with Mindphaser, as per request. Check it out if you're interested!
Woohoo!!! Awesome update, thanks Stacy!! 🎉🎉
hexinverter

Post by hexinverter »

The remainder of the first production run is shipping out to remaining dealers this week and next.

After that, we're still not sure when there will be more. Sometime in 2022, maybe late 2022 depending on the ongoing parts shortages.

Updates when we have real news about that.

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”